MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

If he wasn’t a good coach, nobody would be paying him to coach. I’m not comparing him to trash men and food managers
lol ok… he’s good enough to keep a job. The reality is D1 coaching is a club. Once you’re in you’re in.

Ya have be a total loser to be out. Some major legal or academic crap.

Beard is still in after being fired due to a domestic issue… (maybe unfounded but that’s why he got fired).

How many coaches get “recycled”…? A lot.

I absolutely did. There is very little difference from the 3 years before he took over and the years years he has been here
There’s a huge freaking difference. OU WENT TO THE TOURNAMENT THREE YEARS BEFORE MOSER.

Moser is the only OU coach in my memory to miss the tournament three years in a row. The program deserves better.

You must not think very highly of OU basketball.

And in case anybody still wonders why we didn't accept the NIT invite, this is why. Every player with a pulse that could have come back knew they weren't coming back. The rumor was 2-3 guys wanted to play. Probably Soares, Dart, and maybe Cooper/Northweather.
As I’m watching the NIT, I thought the exact same thing. The players voted no cause they were done with this mess. Just my opinion

There’s a huge freaking difference. OU WENT TO THE TOURNAMENT THREE YEARS BEFORE MOSER.
Lol we all love the tournament. But again, there was very little difference in those teams.

Try to look at it objectively

And in case anybody still wonders why we didn't accept the NIT invite, this is why. Every player with a pulse that could have come back knew they weren't coming back. The rumor was 2-3 guys wanted to play. Probably Soares, Dart, and maybe Cooper/Northweather.

No one wanted to play in the NIT because they felt they had earned a trip to the dance. The team felt beyond betrayed to not make it and I don’t blame them.

Lol we all love the tournament. But again, there was very little difference in those teams.

Try to look at it objectively
Oh gotcha. Maybe I haven’t picked up on this. For you, the tournament is not the ultimate goal for a P5 basketball team. For me it is. I think making the tournament should be the goal. We have fundamental differences in how we view success at the college level. That’s okay!

Oh gotcha. Maybe I haven’t picked up on this. For you, the tournament is not the ultimate goal for a P5 basketball team. For me it is. I think making the tournament should be the goal. We have fundamental differences in how we view success at the college level. That’s okay!
Which teams get in is subjective. You can have a team make it one year that wouldn’t another year. Or a team that doesn’t make it one year that is better than a team that makes it another year

The last 5 years of LK is not pretty and neither are the first 3 of PM

Now discount all of their stats significantly due to weak SOS.
Not to mention that as college players get older and have more years of practice & games under their belt if they didn't improve some then they would be way below normal for college level basketball players,

Come on, the three years are so similar. Almost as similar as Forsythe and Steph Curry.

Again, don’t worry. It’s all under control. We can undoubtedly find someone who has some connection to Loyola Chicago to come in and ball. Or some kid with Oklahoma high school ties. It’s all good. We are “talking” to people.

Back