MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Depends what you mean by "anything" I guess.

Noland averaged 11ppg and shot nearly 39% from three.

Joe Bam played a lot better this year than he ever did at OU.

Minimal increase in stats, but Hill was having his best season before his injury.

J. Groves had a better season than he did at OU.

Nobody turned into Jordan, but a lot of the guys that weren't just awful did at least a little better. Most shot better.
And ALL those guys you mentioned did "better" against much worse competition. So F what.

Was really hoping for Mayo to make it here. Ugh
Seemed like a long-shot, but that is the kind of guard we're missing. We need an alpha. We need a guy that can take over games. Pedulla ain't that guy. Overton ain't that guy. The search continues.

Ok, got me on the "nothing", point is you acted like our situation was better than a lot of other schools. Losing our two STARTING guards. IF we had 3 guys off the end of the bench with little playing time I'd agree. Now throw in JM ....it's a CF period.

We are just like 50% of the rest of the country. Little secret:
Gonna be like the rest of your life.

This is a bad argument.

We're comparing him to his peers, not to trash collectors and fast food restaurant managers.
If he wasn’t a good coach, nobody would be paying him to coach. I’m not comparing him to trash men and food managers

The reality is that “good coach” is subjective and on a really really large spectrum. Is the 2A high school coach who wins a state title a good coach? Absolutely. But is that dude good enough for college? Probably not. Is Moser a good coach because he’s gone to the Final Four? Yes. But is he good enough to consistently win at that level in the Big 12/SEC. Objectively no. Nobody can argue that he has been good enough for OU standards.

I think the discussions about Moser now need to be centered around is he good enough to right the ship. Which is funny cause it’s the ship he screwed up. Many of us look at the results from the last three years and say no. I have yet to read a convincing argument in favor of Moser getting another crack at it.
Lol he did not screw up this ship

didn’t wanna be a negative nellie, but there was no wayo mayo was making it to campus. you’re not interested when you schedule a visit 10 days away in this frenetic period.

Depends what you mean by "anything" I guess.

Noland averaged 11ppg and shot nearly 39% from three.

Joe Bam played a lot better this year than he ever did at OU.

Minimal increase in stats, but Hill was having his best season before his injury.

J. Groves had a better season than he did at OU.

Nobody turned into Jordan, but a lot of the guys that weren't just awful did at least a little better. Most shot better.
Against worse competition…

I never thought we had a chance with Mayo. Only way ou is going to get a guy like that over hometown Ku is a massive NIL offer which we don’t do. We won’t be a top 25 program until then unfortunately.
Maybe.

But he probably won't be the top dog at KU.

What if OU could have offered him that (we could), AND we could have done it with a coach that has a proven track record of developing guard talent? What if Moser had developed a couple of NBA-caliber guards? Then maybe we could have.

But I agree. A program that doesn't have NIL, that isn't winning at a high clip, and that isn't showing player development, no.....we're probably not going to have a chance at a kid like Mayo.

Then every coach at the college and pro level of every sport is a good coach.

That's dumb.
I think it’s fair to say coaches that have survived for as long as moser has at the collegiate level is a good coach

And in case anybody still wonders why we didn't accept the NIT invite, this is why. Every player with a pulse that could have come back knew they weren't coming back. The rumor was 2-3 guys wanted to play. Probably Soares, Dart, and maybe Cooper/Northweather.

Back