MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Could be a kid to watch. OU liked him a lot coming out of juco.

Hasn't really found his groove at Oregon but...shot 35% this year. If OU needs someone like Maks (late add or having trouble finding another), but better, maybe?

I would say I doubt it but monitoring.

And gates connection.

Added this to answer StoopsBrothersInc on the other board, here is my look at the roster shakeup from year to year. Green means better, Red means not better, and yellow means meh bout the same.

1712087574603.png

This is a year-to-year comparison. So all green just means we did better than the previous year. 2023 hurt us.

Could be a kid to watch. OU liked him a lot coming out of juco.

Hasn't really found his groove at Oregon but...shot 35% this year. If OU needs someone like Maks (late add or having trouble finding another), but better, maybe?

I would say I doubt it but monitoring.

His stat line in the tourney game against Creighton is wild. 43 minutes and basically 0’s across the board besides 3 fouls. He did grab 1 rebound to save the shutout

Added this to answer StoopsBrothersInc on the other board, here is my look at the roster shakeup from year to year. Green means better, Red means not better, and yellow means meh bout the same.

View attachment 1210

This is a year-to-year comparison. So all green just means we did better than the previous year. 2023 hurt us.
Worse in year 3 in every team category other than defensive rating than we were in year 1, despite having a much more talented and athletic roster. Yay, PM!

View attachment 1210

How did that 2021 team underachieve? That is a very talented roster

Worse in year 3 in every team category other than defensive rating than we were in year 1, despite having a much more talented and athletic roster. Yay, PM!
I wouldn't say a much more talented roster. My starters from those years would be:

Javian
Gibson
Soares
Moore
Tanner

But Javian and goldwire are not too far off and neither is soares and harkless

Also a look at our revolving door during the offseason:

2021​
2022​
2023​
2024​
De'Vion HarmonPortalJordan GoldwireGradMilos UzanStayedMilos UzanPortal
Umoja GibsonStayedUmoja GibsonPortalGrant SherfieldGradJavian McCollumPortal
Austin ReavesGradElijah HarklessPortalJacob GrovesPortalRivaldo SoaresGrad
Brady ManekPortalJalen HillStayedJalen HillPortalJalon MooreStayed
Kur KuathPortalTanner GrovesStayedTanner GrovesGradSam GodwinStayed
Elijah HarklessPortalJacob GrovesStayedOtega OwehStayedOtega OwehPortal
Alondes WilliamsPortalCJ NolandStayedCJ NolandPortalLe'Tre DarthardGrad
Jalen HillStayedEthan ChargoisGradSam GodwinStayedJohn Hugley IVPortal
Victor IwuakorPortalMarvin JohnsonGradJoe BamisilePortalLuke NorthweatherStayed
Trey PhippsPortalBijan CortesStayedBijan CortesPortalMaks KlanjscekGrad

1712088341192.png
*Top-10 statistical roster spots

These hurt to see...returning from the starting 5, is not a good look. 2 portaling from your starting 5 every year.

Also a look at our revolving door during the offseason:

2021​
2022​
2023​
2024​
De'Vion HarmonPortalJordan GoldwireGradMilos UzanStayedMilos UzanPortal
Umoja GibsonStayedUmoja GibsonPortalGrant SherfieldGradJavian McCollumPortal
Austin ReavesGradElijah HarklessPortalJacob GrovesPortalRivaldo SoaresGrad
Brady ManekPortalJalen HillStayedJalen HillPortalJalon MooreStayed
Kur KuathPortalTanner GrovesStayedTanner GrovesGradSam GodwinStayed
Elijah HarklessPortalJacob GrovesStayedOtega OwehStayedOtega OwehPortal
Alondes WilliamsPortalCJ NolandStayedCJ NolandPortalLe'Tre DarthardGrad
Jalen HillStayedEthan ChargoisGradSam GodwinStayedJohn Hugley IVPortal
Victor IwuakorPortalMarvin JohnsonGradJoe BamisilePortalLuke NorthweatherStayed
Trey PhippsPortalBijan CortesStayedBijan CortesPortalMaks KlanjscekGrad

View attachment 1211
*Top-10 statistical roster spots

These hurt to see...returning from the starting 5, is not a good look. 2 portaling from your starting 5 every year.
would be interesting to see how that compares to other schools in our 30-50 net range

would be interesting to see how that compares to other schools in our 30-50 net range
I may try to put that together tomorrow. I am off to pick up the little dude from tiny school.

But I am thinking, I could average out the NET of the last 3 years, pick those teams and just comb through it all. Sounds exhaustive and neat at the same time for the little return. lol

There are really good coaches out there losing freshman players.

Just because recruits are leaving doesn't mean the coach isn't a good coach or the right guy.
It could mean that in our case but not necessarily
I guess I see it as 2 guys that he recruited...were here for 2 years....1 started both years 1 the end of last and this year. THAT shows me, and only me, that something isn't right. Just my opinion

Who said nothing?
Ok, got me on the "nothing", point is you acted like our situation was better than a lot of other schools. Losing our two STARTING guards. IF we had 3 guys off the end of the bench with little playing time I'd agree. Now throw in JM ....it's a CF period.

Back