MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I hope we can replace McCollum's sub-33% 3 pt shooting.. honestly tho, i am worried about this guy going off at a different school that has a functioning offense.
And the sad reality is, he is better than most the lead guards Moser has brought in. Goldwire was a stopgap, and GS, like JM, struggled mightily once Big 12 play started. While it “should” be easy to find someone who can be better than a guy who scored 13 ppg with terrible shooting numbers, I don’t trust Moser to be able to clear that low bar.

The better time was two-plus weeks ago. Now, many good candidates are off the board.
It ain't happening now. Joe and Porter have already agreed he is staying, regardless of the entire roster Portaling. We're stuck with him for 11+ months.

It ain't happening now. Joe and Porter have already agreed he is staying, regardless of the entire roster Portaling. We're stuck with him for 11+ months.
Oh I know, that ship has sailed. I just don’t understand why people are only now realizing that it should happen. Can anyone really be surprised players are bailing?

The turnover is to be expected, but I feel like people that prop up NC State are forgetting they wouldn’t have even made the tourney without a half court bank shot.
Not even that, they are one example. Unless you are one of the top programs in the country landing top talent from the Portal to pair with your top HS talent, rebuilding the roster every year isn't going to be a winning proposition.

Replacing a guy or two while keeping a "core" intact? Sure. But losing 6 of your top 8 players? With our HS recruiting this year? And our lack of ability to buy upper-echelon Portal guys? Yeah, that isn't going to work.

The turnover is to be expected, but I feel like people that prop up NC State are forgetting they wouldn’t have even made the tourney without a half court bank shot.
Oh they got lucky for sure and look what happened once they got in. It was very fortunate things went their way unlike OU in some games that they were there to win.

OU just needs to figure it out and get some guys in that aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel. There are a lot of guards in, Overton and Paudilla help. Need to find another big man and hopefully a shooter.

At the rate things are going OU could end up like the women at ether TCU or Taco Tech that had to forfeit several games because they didn't have enough players to compete. Waiting to hear the call for open tryouts from the OU intramural league to fill out the roster.

Oh they got lucky for sure and look what happened once they got in. It was very fortunate things went their way unlike OU in some games that they were there to win.

OU just needs to figure it out and get some guys in that aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel. There are a lot of guards in, Overton and Paudilla help. Need to find another big man and hopefully a shooter.
I'd say the only luck was Virginia missing the FT. Beyond that, NC State has simply balled out. They got the ball upcourt quickly and hit a shot to send that game to OT -- that requires skill. They then won the game in OT, and have largely controlled all their other postseason games. I just don't see where one can argue things "didn't go our way" in games. We only had a couple close losses, and were not the victim of bad luck in either.

And the sad reality is, he is better than most the lead guards Moser has brought in. Goldwire was a stopgap, and GS, like JM, struggled mightily once Big 12 play started. While it “should” be easy to find someone who can be better than a guy who scored 13 ppg with terrible shooting numbers, I don’t trust Moser to be able to clear that low bar.
Honestly think i under appreciated sherwood and gibson before they were gone

I'd say the only luck was Virginia missing the FT. Beyond that, NC State has simply balled out. They got the ball upcourt quickly and hit a shot to send that game to OT -- that requires skill. They then won the game in OT, and have largely controlled all their other postseason games. I just don't see where one can argue things "didn't go our way" in games. We only had a couple close losses, and were not the victim of bad luck in either.
the shot they hit to send it to OT was a bank in 3 from the long wing .. that is all luck

Reaves was a pro……
What are you saying? I don't think we disagree. Stats are great, but there's more to it than that. College sample sizes aren't huge and can be swayed very easily by injury, more defensive attention, having to create shots for yourself, etc. Javian absolutely can shoot.

If OU wins against Texas Tech or Houston during the season, they are in the tournament.

Nothing in JoeC’s tenure suggests he will lift a finger to do that. It would be surprising.
Not suggesting he will. Just that it'd be a good time. I'd previously said that if in Joe C's shoes that I would get a pulse of what the transfer situation was and decide based on that. This exodus is comparable to a coach leaving. Maybe worse.

the shot they hit to send it to OT was a bank in 3 from the long wing .. that is all luck
Thank you.

Weird trying to cite "bc they got the ball in and up the floor" excuses a deep fading bank 3.

You could say the OU loss to Houston was "things didn't go our way" bc Darthard was misses the rebound and they got that fadeaway 2nd look. But who am I to talk?

Back