MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

If OU wins against Texas Tech or Houston during the season, they are in the tournament.
And? What does luck have to do with either of those games? We blew the first game because of turnovers and missed FTs. That’s execution, not luck. Houston … we made a great comeback but Shead outfought us for a loose ball. The ball didn’t take a strange hop or deflect off a ref. And even if we pick it up, there is probably a 60 percent chance Houston wins in OT as the vastly superior team. We actually won our share of close games this year. We have no legit case that luck in close games hurt us.

Thank you.

Weird trying to cite "bc they got the ball in and up the floor" excuses a deep fading bank 3.

You could say the OU loss to Houston was "things didn't go our way" bc Darthard was misses the rebound and they got that fadeaway 2nd look. But who am I to talk?
I mean that Houston game had the 3 at the end of the half where the clock malfunctioned, definitely didn't feel like that play went OU's way too.

And? What does luck have to do with either of those games? We blew the first game because of turnovers and missed FTs. That’s execution, not luck. Houston … we made a great comeback but Shead outfought us for a loose ball. The ball didn’t take a strange hop or deflect off a ref. And even if we pick it up, there is probably a 60 percent chance Houston wins in OT as the vastly superior team. We actually won our share of close games this year. We have no legit case that luck in close games hurt us.
Luck absolutely had a role in the Houston game. If the ball had bounced towards the key and one of our guys had scored that would also have been luck. Shead was just ready to take advantage of that luck at the end of both halves (and the first half we let them up to half court too easily) because he is that good.

I mean that Houston game had the 3 at the end of the half where the clock malfunctioned, definitely didn't feel like that play went OU's way too.

I forgot about that.

Houston scored 5 points at the buzzer to beat us by 2. Pain.

They used a stop watch and got the call right, beyond any doubt.

Darthard lost his balance and fell over the ball to miss the rebound before Shead got it. I would call that bad luck. You would call that...poor athletic performance of outcome.

In the grand scheme of things, all luck, good/bad, is dependent upon preparation and execution. It technically doesn't exist. But you can attribute things as unlucky or lucky based on traditional outcomes in their relation to chance.

Chances of something happening or not happening, and so on, are generally held based on standards that we typically see. So you can attribute everything early on in a game leading to any outcome and saying, there is no luck, if they would have done (insert thing) then there is no way to leave something up to chance. And yet, most games, that end up being close and come down to the wire, are associated with luck, bad and good.

I disagree with you arbitrarily assigning "luck" or a "luck-based outcome" where you see fit. When the end of the outcome of the game is up to more chance of a player falling over and someone being where they need to be after a miss, vs citing early game performance as to why it is NOT luck. The idea of luck here would be subjective with, depending on your viewpoint, I could reasonably assume most to say Darthard falling past the ball, Moore missing the block, and Shead getting his own rebound and hitting a high stress fadeaway could be considered bad luck for OU.

And the sad reality is, he is better than most the lead guards Moser has brought in. Goldwire was a stopgap, and GS, like JM, struggled mightily once Big 12 play started. While it “should” be easy to find someone who can be better than a guy who scored 13 ppg with terrible shooting numbers, I don’t trust Moser to be able to clear that low bar.
Should have let GS come
Back another year. He wanted to.

Could be a kid to watch. OU liked him a lot coming out of juco.

Hasn't really found his groove at Oregon but...shot 35% this year. If OU needs someone like Maks (late add or having trouble finding another), but better, maybe?

I would say I doubt it but monitoring.

Back