2017:162
2018: 53
2019: 37 (big 12 #1)
2020: 46 (big 12 #3)
2021: 36 (big 12 #3)

2022: 39 (big 12 #1)
2023: 68 (big 12 #1)
2024: 46 (big 12 #1)

The good thing about sports is there is a scoreboard that tells us which team wins. And I’ll safely guess that the committee of people who pick the tournament field has a lot more info, and has watched a lot more games of every team, than you.
Ok?

Those guys had accomplished a lot in those 20 years, just not a title. Calhoun practically built the UConn program from scratch and had several conference titles and tourney success. Lute Olsen won a **** ton Of games and pac titles. Jay wright rebuilt Nova into a powerhouse in the big east. All of those guys were tremendously successful in those 20 years leading up to a title.

Moser has one good season in 20+ years with many bad seasons. That’s not anywhere near the same.
All three I mentioned missed the tourney in their first three years.

Looks like Lon’s worst net during that span was 46. 2 of Moser’s first 3 years are better than or equal to 46.
It’s just mind boggling that anyone who even attempts to be a sane basketball fan or objective observer could try to ague that three years of missing the tourney is really no different than three years of making the tournament. All of you making that argument or anything close to it just can’t be taken seriously.

It’s just mind boggling that anyone who even attempts to be a sane basketball fan or objective observer could try to ague that three years of missing the tourney is really no different than three years of making the tournament. All of you making that argument or anything close to it just can’t be taken seriously.
I haven’t said there is no difference in making and missing the tournament.
I said there is no real difference in the quality of the teams.

For example, NC state was so close to not making the tourney. Does the fact that they made the tourney make them magically a better team than if they were the first team out? No of course not.

Making the tourney is a great goal to have but it isn’t the end all be all on if you are a quality team or not.

Similarly I’m pretty sure I recall some saying that even if OU made the tourney, they wouldn’t consider it a successful season of we lost in the first round

The goalposts do tend to get moved in these discussions. Many who absolutely trashed Kruger (and continue to do so) for his conference results over his last few seasons rush to defend Moser, whose conference results are demonstrably worse. Throw in that he's yet to make the tourney when Kruger went dancing virtually every year and the annual departures of key contributors and it's a head-scratcher that some continue to spin Moser's tenure in Norman in a positive light.

I love analytics. I'm a nerd. A dumb nerd. I just don't have the time to really dig into it like TEvans and others.

But watch FILM. And then? WATCH MORE FILM.

Schools to watch for OU departures:

McCollum - GA Tech
Hugley - Xavier, Nebraska
Oweh - BYU, Oregon, VA Tech, Penn State
Uzan - Texas Tech, Houston

I'll try to update this list as I continue to evaluate follows, read info from solid sources (like Trilly, other national/team sites), etc.

The goalposts do tend to get moved in these discussions. Many who absolutely trashed Kruger (and continue to do so) for his conference results over his last few seasons rush to defend Moser, whose conference results are demonstrably worse. Throw in that he's yet to make the tourney when Kruger went dancing virtually every year and the annual departures of key contributors and it's a head-scratcher that some continue to spin Moser's tenure in Norman in a positive light.
That’s fair.

Eh, it is not a big deal since Sooners will not be facing Zeke twice a year anymore
I guess it depends if your goal is to beat KU or if your goal is for OU to have a good team for the 31+ games they play each season.

I love analytics. I'm a nerd. A dumb nerd. I just don't have the time to really dig into it like TEvans and others.

But watch FILM. And then? WATCH MORE FILM.

If my job was to scout, provide analytics for a team, and watch film...Id be happy as a clam.

Alas, it is not my job.

McCollum - GA Tech

I'll try to update this list as I continue to evaluate follows, read info from solid sources (like Trilly, other national/team sites), etc.
If JM goes to GA Tech (doubt he will) he was pretty desperate to get out of Norman.

McCollum - GA Tech

Off subject, but is Javon Small in the portal? He was better than all of our guards.

Back