MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

OU coaches...

If you're on here....

This would be a great time to leak out a visit, maybe take to Twitter to promote your program, or really, anything that could be labeled a positive!
I agree. But he should have had more minutes.

It’s tough sledding for any freshman these days.

Might be time to look anywhere/everywhere. Boise, while obviously not at the power 5 level, knows how to spot talent.

Is losing Cooper a big deal? Potentially a good player, but there are 100 guys in the portal who could contribute more next year.

Since hoops is now a one and potentially done for every player, if PM signs a decent player then it’s a net win for next year’s roster.

I hate the state of college basketball, but here we are

Bullcrap. He is maybe the most secure coach at OU. His buyout is too large, BMDs could care less if the program lives or dies, all lead to him being safe as safe can be.

Good try, though.
While you make some good points, none of that supports him being “secure”. The buyout will be less next year and there’s no possible way he can survive 4 years of missing the tourney. We are just waiting another season to cut ties because it’s cheaper.

Still no visits set up for this weekend? I can handle some attrition, but my gosh, there has to be an ebb and flow.

The vibe at the basketball offices right now must be something.

Yeah I don’t know about one of the most secure coaches BUT apparently he is loved by all in the athletic department. A member at my club works for the athletic department… on the football side. Great guy and a big time Sooner former player. We have had a discussion about PM and he replied’great guy we all love him’ with all sincerity. I think PM is gonna have to have a big fail to be fired. Like last in the league. Or a major donor goes knocking on Joe C’s door. Middle of the road AGAIN he probably stays.
Nah. Miss the Tournament again, he is for sure fired.

I'd bet that he had that ultimatum this year.....make the Dance or find another job.....then we looked like we were in, and Moser/DePaul started talking, and Joe C. had to make a decision. He elected to keep Moser, we missed the Dance, and the rest is history.

If we don't want to pay Moser next year, we'll just tell him to find a landing spot and we'll waive the buyout. Simple as that.

Is losing Cooper a big deal? Potentially a good player, but there are 100 guys in the portal who could contribute more next year.

Since hoops is now a one and potentially done for every player, if PM signs a decent player then it’s a net win for next year’s roster.

It's more about the state of the program and Moser's ability to convince Cooper that he can develop him and give him a role next year.

OU cannot survive losing 7 of our top 9 players (arguably) every year. Moser is going to need to be able to bring in kids like Uzan, Oweh, Cooper, and Atak, DEVELOP them, and keep them in Norman. We can't have a successful program if Moser can't do that on some level.

Yes, kids will transfer. But at this point Moser hasn't brought in a highly regarded HS kid and kept him for more than 1-2 years yet. None one (that I can think of). That has to change regardless of anything else.

Just another feather in mosers cap…lol.

You know, Cooper never played......so it's kinda hard to gauge what he could've done for us next year.
But he's an Okie. He's an hour from home. And even that's not enough to keep him around. This is brutal.

We can't compete if the majority of the roster turns over EVERY year. We're totally outgunned.......and, I'm afraid, rudderless.

Just face it every year it’s gonna be like this unless some big money donors come calling we lose kids. We will have to go thru it again with Dayton wether he studs out or doesn’t get the playing time he desires.

It appears that we’re legit trying to land JIC.

We have NIL $$$ (maybe a little more with Cooper off the books) and an obvious need.

They can’t strikeout again.

Back