MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Here's a reply I gave to a poster on Soonerscoop. Would love to hear some other thoughts and opinions on comparing the newcomers to last year's team.

I think Miles will be better than McCollum.
I was not a fan of Uzan and think it was best that he move on, but I don't think Elvis will be better.
I lean slightly to Soares and Oweh over Jones and Nwankwo. Nwankwo is a wildcard coming from juco that could push his group over. We shall see.
Wague and Hugley are different styles. Wague scores around the bucket and Hugley can score from outside. Wague's defense is probably better. Not sure where I lean on this one. Not a fan of either.
Forysythe will be better than Klanjcek at some point, but will it be this year? Can't say until we see him against D1 competition. I hope he's better this year, just not sure.
Cooper vs Atak. Don't expect anything from Atak this year and we didn't get much from Cooper. Probably a push for me.
I agree on Goodine on O and Darthard on D. I'll take the better shooting off the bench.
I really hope this is true.

I hope the staff pulls off something at the last minute, because I don’t feel great about the roster making the tournament.

It could, but everything would have to go right.

I hope the staff pulls off something at the last minute, because I don’t feel great about the roster making the tournament.

It could, but everything would have to go right.
Oklahoma has brought in 20 portal bodies in the last 4 years.

Of those portal bodies, 2 of this years portal-ins are in the Top 3 for my scoring evaluation.
Of those 20, 5 of those this year are in the top-11 portal-ins via my scoring evaluation.

We have more reason to be optimistic with the portal-ins. I think the pessimism is coming off of the success of Soares and our big swings and misses in the portal (Achor Achor, Garrison, Richmond...etc)

All being said, Nwankwo could really be the difference maker for this team. If he can have good output, we may have a solid backcourt (1-3).

I am working on a google sheet to show every year, a breakdown of ins and outs, and a year by year evaluation (still in progress). Standby for that release.

1715950211777.png

Here is a summary breakdown
1715951043472.png

Last edited:
To be fair I would take a Cade Davis on this roster. Cam Clark had a solid freshman season that year too. The rest of that roster was not pretty.

There is never a year when I wouldn't happily add another Cade Davis to our roster. If he's your first wing off the bench, you're a Sweet 16 caliber team. But when he's your star player...

There is never a year when I wouldn't happily add another Cade Davis to our roster. If he's your first wing off the bench, you're a Sweet 16 caliber team. But when he's your star player...
I think you are severely overrating cade davis. But i also grew up playing him

I don't think Eielson is overrating him at all. We won 14 games the year he was our best player. But if he was the 6th or 7th best player, it would have meant we had a pretty darn good team. The guy simply got better every year...we could use more players like that.

I don't think Eielson is overrating him at all. We won 14 games the year he was our best player. But if he was the 6th or 7th best player, it would have meant we had a pretty darn good team. The guy simply got better every year...we could use more players like that.
1715963411203.png

On this year's roster, that would put him as our third best player, behind Soares, then Moore.

Just to give you crap... I hope Elvis is a VITAL part of next years (NCAA tourney team) and everyone has to come back and apologize for the take they had on Elvis :ROFLMAO: Obviously if he is the starting 1 or 2 on a 17-15 team then no apologies needed...
I fully expect Elvis to play well and Goodine to suck....the reverse of what I'm thinking today. I'll look like an idiot and that's okay if OU can make it to the tourney.

I fully expect Elvis to play well and Goodine to suck....the reverse of what I'm thinking today. I'll look like an idiot and that's okay if OU can make it to the tourney.
Well I'm hoping 3rd time is a charm:

2 seasons ago- Mostly non-athletic "basketball players"....
Last season- Mostly "Athletes" playing basketball....
Next season- Hopefully mostly semi-athletic basketball players that mesh and play "watchable" offense, solid defense and can push the program back into the NCAA that was barely missed last season.

Yep. Players like Cade are key contributors when they bring the "glue" to the close games. Those little 50-50 plays here and there that turn a three-point loss into a two-point win. But when that same guy is expected to take 15 shots every night? You're sunk.

Back