McKenzie Mathurin 2025

Reaction score
Broken Arrow’s McKenzie Mathurin will be making her commitment announcement on Friday at 5:00.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea where she’s going anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her AAU team is the Trae Young adidas team coached by her mom and one of her AAU teammates is Keziah Lofton.

If that is $50k a year for 4 years that doesn't seem unreasonable...if it is $200k a year...that seems a little crazy.

We did make her new top 14…and interestingly she does show Trae Young in an OU jersey in her edit…please note she plays for a Trae Young Adidas sponsored team with Keziah Lofton

She also said this to Talia Goodman….we would certainly fit this criteria…but no mention of having set up an official visit with us:

“I definitely want to play fast,” Mathurin said. “That’s how my AAU team plays, and I feel like that’s where I fit best – in transition, being able to show my skill set and not be confined in a box.”

Last edited:
It's really nice of her to narrow her list down to "only" fourteen schools.

We did make her new top 14…and interestingly she does show Trae Young in an OU jersey in her edit…please note she plays for a Trae Young Adidas sponsored team with Keziah Lofton

She also said this to Talia Goodman….we would certainly fit this criteria…but no mention of having set up an official visit with us:

“I definitely want to play fast,” Mathurin said. “That’s how my AAU team plays, and I feel like that’s where I fit best – in transition, being able to show my skill set and not be confined in a box.”

Hilarious this kid thinks she is worth any NIL money. She doesn't play defense and all she wants to do is shoot the basketball. She is overrated and her mommy being her coach tells you everything you need to know. Ranked in the top 50 by ESPN is hilarious and all hype from her mommy.

I am no scout and my only watching of her play is a few highlight videos, but considering the list of 14 schools and the schools she has already visited her ranking in the middle third of the top 100 is reasonable.

I think she would be lights out in JB offense. Mom does coach her summer but shes just as impressive on her HS team.

Id take her commit right now.

For OU to be in the top 14. It must mean that OU has been in contact with her. Also, she must have an offer. Otherwise, why would be in the top 14. If JB wants her. I will trust in her.

Wonder if her and Loftin do or don’t want to play together.

Wonder if her and Loftin do or don’t want to play together.
I have seen Lofton's mom make supportive tweets for Mathurin...I haven't seen anything negative between then. However other than that we made her top 14, I haven't seen her post anything about visiting OU or us being in strong contention for her. Since she decommitted from Nebraska she has posted about official visits to Michigan and Alabama...plus I saw a tweet that she was going to do an official visit to Ole Miss August 3-5. I am hoping that means we are positive about our position with Parks and also feel like we have a realistic chance with Chavez.

I have seen Lofton's mom make supportive tweets for Mathurin...I haven't seen anything negative between then. However other than that we made her top 14, I haven't seen her post anything about visiting OU or us being in strong contention for her. Since she decommitted from Nebraska she has posted about official visits to Michigan and Alabama...plus I saw a tweet that she was going to do an official visit to Ole Miss August 3-5. I am hoping that means we are positive about our position with Parks and also feel like we have a realistic chance with Chavez.
Makes sense. Sometimes kids are best friends but just don’t want to play together.

I’m throwing everything and anything at Chavez.

Back