Michael Beasley checks into rehab

sys, I have been meaning to compliment you for your efforts in the Kellis Robinett kerfluffle over the past week or so. The comments section in those posts are gold. I believe there was a fatty sighting as well.

no one goes to rehab for weed.

Why not? If he has a serious drug problem that could cost him his NBA career I'd be getting it under control. And the NBA doesn't punish guys as harshly that voluntarily enroll into programs. Are you suggesting more drugs?
Here's the story. Watch the video. The ESPN guy has talked to people all over the league and no one is surprised.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4419340

And here is another tidbit from another article:

The league substance-abuse policy mandates actions for use and possession. It is possible Beasley "checked in" to the facility merely to complete his time in the league's program.
Under the league's substance-abuse program, teams are not informed of a player's first two strikes, although Beasley made it known to the Heat he was in the program. A third strike for a marijuana violation calls for a five-game suspension.
It is not known if the present situation adds another strike in the program, and whether it would be a second or third strike. There has not been any league notice of such a suspension.

Makes perfect sense to check into rehab for weed. Softens the punishment.

Last edited:
I really feel for the kid.

He has some serious demons and he needs some people around him who care about HIM whether he ever picks up another basketball or not.

It has nothing to do with smoking some dope. nothing.

It has everything to do with being immature and learning to deal with all the things he has at his fingertips while NOT having any experience setting his own limits. He hasn't been given a chance to grow up even before the college level and now he's a multi-millionaire with the world at his feet.

Frankly, It would get many of us in trouble.

The best post on the subject yet. It isn't the weed, it's just him period. Of course everyone is going to say he smokes too much and he probably does. But weed isn't making him act that way.

"He has some serious demons and he needs some people around him who care about HIM whether he ever picks up another basketball or not."

That's the rehab he needs on top of everything else. Just leaving weed alone isn't going to cure his problems. That cat really needs love around him. It's way more serious than weed when you start talking about it's not worth living. But rehab is a good step in the right direction.

sys, I have been meaning to compliment you for your efforts in the Kellis Robinett kerfluffle over the past week or so. The comments section in those posts are gold. I believe there was a fatty sighting as well.

thanks, tony. god, in his great wisdom, gives the wildcat fan a wealth of material.

Are you suggesting more drugs?

no, that's not what i meant, as you well know.

if you're truly interested, and not just looking to score an internet point, you can pm me.

Back