Morningstar update

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Prosecutors have agreed to dismiss drunken-driving charges against Kansas guard Brady Morningstar if he stays out of trouble for the next year.

The 23-year-old Morningstar was arrested Oct. 3 on the Kansas Turnpike near Lawrence on suspicion of driving under the influence. Court records indicate that the junior had nearly twice the legal limit of alcohol in his system at the time.

He was fined $500 and charges included speeding and failing to keep his car in a single lane. Douglas County prosecutors say all charges will be dismissed if Morningstar does not have any further legal problems in the next 12 months.

Morningstar has been suspended from playing in any games during the first semester.

---------------------

I had always heard that DUIs would cost you 1000-2000 bucks. I guess that includes lawyer fees? Seems like he got a pretty good deal.

Let's go ahead and get this thread where it's headed:

Brady Morningstar being fined hundreds of dollars for driving drunk is good news for KU basketball.

Brady is helping stimulate the Kansas economy by paying the fine and his drinking. Through this the economic boast is beneficial to KU basketball.

He was probably fined $500 PLUS court fees, lawyer, etc. Even for a first offense that's pretty light if he just got a one year probation and no community service, suspended license, DUI school and all that.

I was on a KU thread a couple of weeks ago talking about his case and one of them started talking 88 OU football smack about players buying guns.

I was on a KU thread a couple of weeks ago talking about his case and one of them started talking 88 OU football smack about players buying guns.

Nothing wrong with buying firearms.....Now what they did with them was the problem.

while we're on the Cheno thread, I thought I would throw a bone to DFW and mention that Baylor lost Mark McClaughlin for personal reasons.

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Prosecutors have agreed to dismiss drunken-driving charges against Kansas guard Brady Morningstar if he stays out of trouble for the next year.

The 23-year-old Morningstar was arrested Oct. 3 on the Kansas Turnpike near Lawrence on suspicion of driving under the influence. Court records indicate that the junior had nearly twice the legal limit of alcohol in his system at the time.

He was fined $500 and charges included speeding and failing to keep his car in a single lane. Douglas County prosecutors say all charges will be dismissed if Morningstar does not have any further legal problems in the next 12 months.

Morningstar has been suspended from playing in any games during the first semester.

---------------------

I had always heard that DUIs would cost you 1000-2000 bucks. I guess that includes lawyer fees? Seems like he got a pretty good deal.

That is extremely light compared to what Texas would do. $500 is like the good old days in the 80s when you could get drunk and drive with immunity so long as you did not hurt or kill anyone (I am being sarcastic - I don' think people should be able to drive drunk).

That is extremely light compared to what Texas would do. $500 is like the good old days in the 80s when you could get drunk and drive with immunity so long as you did not hurt or kill anyone (I am being sarcastic - I don' think people should be able to drive drunk).

Thanks. Kind of what I figured.

I was at OU in 1988 and the incidents were not buying guns. The problems were as follows:

1. Charles Thompson was arrested for selling Cocain (he was the starting QB if you don't know);
2. Three guys were charged with gang raping a women in the jock dorms (I am not positive of the outcome but I think one or more of the players was acquitted; however, I seriously doubt the young women "wanted it" as was the likely and most viable defense of all gang rapists);
3. A player shot another player.

Additionally, Boz wrote a book discussing a player shooting a semi-automatice weapon from a balcolny of Bud (I think that was the story). Finally, OU, OSU and some other schools were all placed on probation for violating NCAA rules. Unbelievably, the NCAA had the audacity to such OU had a lack of control.

I really think it is a bit ridiculous for KU fans and alumni to contend OU had any problems associated with players purchasing guns in the 1980s. That simply never happened. I don't think we should tollerate blatant mischaracterizations of the facts and would suggest a few of you go to Phog and correct those misquided soles.

Last edited:
The penalties for drunk drivers are not stiff enough.

Buster Rhymes, Uzi.

Were you at OU then? If I recall correctly the football players all got in trouble during the same week. (perhaps it was a little longer than a week but it was bam, bam, bam, just unbelievable).

Back to Tony's original premise, Morningstar's DUI is good for KU basketball because he'll get into great playing shape from all the wind sprints Bill Self will make him run...

After the first few games, Brady isn't going to play a lick.

Well, that is until Daddy steps in.

Back