Mr. Athletic Director … tear down this (culture) wall!

162601050_1B-Arkansas_t600.jpg

Next year is going to be crazy on this board lolol. Omg. I've never actively disliked the coach before. A full season of holding the ball until 15 secs on the shot clock. I hope the SEC is no where like the big 12.

If we are not top 6 in sec, fire his lame ass

Next year is going to be crazy on this board lolol. Omg. I've never actively disliked the coach before. A full season of holding the ball until 15 secs on the shot clock. I hope the SEC is no where like the big 12.

If we are not top 6 in sec, fire his lame ass
While I agree we should have higher expectations, especially in Y4, I think a lot of people are underestimating the SEC. Yeah, I know the Big XII is the toughest conference in college basketball, but the top half of the SEC are really good teams.

For example, if you say he should be in the top 6, the current top 5 of the SEC are all in the top 19 of the last AP poll, have at least 21 wins, and the "lowest" ranked team of those 5 lead the country in offense.

The SEC isn't the AAC. It is not going to be the cakewalk many are assuming.

And if the standard is the coach has to be in the top 15 in the country, have at least 21 wins, and have a #4 seed or higher in the tourney- OR be FIRED... I'm not sure there are many coaches in the country able to do that next year with the current resources in Norman.

Based on Big12 - SEC results it will be a wash the last 7 years. Based on our small Moser vs SEC record we will be the #2 or 3 team most years. We’ve beaten Alabama when they were #9 and #2, and Arky twice (once they were #12) and Florida. We lost to #9 arky and #1 Auburn. We have played their best and own a winning record. Question is do we continue our up / down play and follow up big wins with crappy efforts.

I put no stock in how we have done against the SEC playing one or two noncon games a year. One, it’s a tiny sample. Two, the games occur early in the season. We all know that our struggles come late in the season. And three, in the Bama game last year, the Tide couldn’t have been more disinterested that day. That obviously is not likely to happen in a conference game.

FWIW, I likewise don’t put any stock in the fact we didn’t fare very well in the Big 12/Big East challenge. Again, way too small a sample size.

I put no stock in how we have done against the SEC playing one or two noncon games a year. One, it’s a tiny sample. Two, the games occur early in the season. We all know that our struggles come late in the season. And three, in the Bama game last year, the Tide couldn’t have been more disinterested that day. That obviously is not likely to happen in a conference game.

FWIW, I likewise don’t put any stock in the fact we didn’t fare very well in the Big 12/Big East challenge. Again, way too small a sample size.
Don't disagree with your overall premise, but do find it odd that when we blow out a #2 team in the country it's because they're disinterested.

However, when OU loses by double digits to a top 5 team in the country, it's because Moser can't assemble a roster and deserves to be fired.

Don't disagree with your overall premise, but do find it odd that when we blow out a #2 team in the country it's because they're disinterested.

However, when OU loses by double digits to a top 5 team in the country, it's because Moser can't assemble a roster and deserves to be fired.
Well, there is a reason that is the only game I made that claim about. It was clear that Alabama was not ready to play that day.

As for the second part of your post -- first of all, I think he did assemble a roster that should have won more games this year. In any event, there is a clear difference between a great Alabama team mailing it in for one noncon game, when they already knew they were going to be a high seed in the tourney, and what happened to us numerous times this year against conference foes. We had everything to play for in those games, but often it felt like we weren't prepared. That's different than Bama just being disinterested in a noncon, early afternoon game against what was a terrible OU team last season.

Well, there is a reason that is the only game I made that claim about. It was clear that Alabama was not ready to play that day.

As for the second part of your post -- first of all, I think he did assemble a roster that should have won more games this year. In any event, there is a clear difference between a great Alabama team mailing it in for one noncon game, when they already knew they were going to be a high seed in the tourney, and what happened to us numerous times this year against conference foes. We had everything to play for in those games, but often it felt like we weren't prepared. That's different than Bama just being disinterested in a noncon, early afternoon game against what was a terrible OU team last season.
How did they know they would be a high seed in the tourney in January when they had 11+ games left before the NCAA? Were they also disinterested, not ready to play, and mailed it in when AR and Williams had to sit out in 2021 and were ranked #9? Or is that game a great win because it was LK coaching?

Can we also say the only reason we lost to Texas at home by 15 was we were disinterested and thought we would be a high seed in the tourney, since we were ranked #11? The at Kansas game?

Not sure how Moser gets no credit for a 24-point win against #2 in the country but gets ALL the blame for losses.

How did they know they would be a high seed in the tourney in January when they had 11+ games left before the NCAA? Were they also disinterested, not ready to play, and mailed it in when AR and Williams had to sit out in 2021 and were ranked #9? Or is that game a great win because it was LK coaching?

Can we also say the only reason we lost to Texas at home by 15 was we were disinterested and thought we would be a high seed in the tourney, since we were ranked #11? The at Kansas game?

Not sure how Moser gets no credit for a 24-point win against #2 in the country but gets ALL the blame for losses.
Fine. Let's give Porter all the credit in the world for the Alabama game. And Miss Valley State. And Pine Bluff. He was wonderful those games.

Fine. Let's give Porter all the credit in the world for the Alabama game. And Miss Valley State. And Pine Bluff. He was wonderful those games.
Yawn, Yawn, and Yawn.

Yawn, Yawn, and Yawn.
And yet you felt the need to reply. And like so many of the Moser lovers, offer no counter argument. I'm surprised you didn't just go with the laughing emoji since that seems to be about all you guys can fall back on these days.

And yet you felt the need to reply. And like so many of the Moser lovers, offer no counter argument. I'm surprised you didn't just go with the laughing emoji since that seems to be about all you guys can fall back on these days.
I'm not a Moser lover. Just not smitten by WS's posting style.

Not all that make counterpoints to such extreme positions are PM lovers and DO make counter-arguments. One can be for OU and not have a strong position for or against PM, but understand that there are bigger issues than a HC that makes a coaching change a moot point. Not every comment is tied to polarized tribalism.

And sometimes the laughing emoji is used when comebacks are so hilarious, either funny, extreme, or stupid, it is the best response.

Once SEC coaches figure out Moser’s offense it’s game over. Moser is so awful at making adjustments.

Well, they've had six tries to do so and so far haven't figured it out .. maybe with more practice the SEC can get better lol.

I'd actually argue differently than saying his game time adjustments suck. We come out every half and suck against good teams only to close furiously, sometimes winning and sometimes running out of steam. Most of the "sucking" seems to be basic and right up front, not after someone adjusts. Throwing the basketball away, making stupid fouls, being tight with shooting and missing bunnies and layups (and other shots), etc. Like the team comes out scared of its own shadow .. or just lackadaisical .. then we clean it up and close because shots start falling (same shots) and we stop turning it over via fouls and turnovers .. only to have that problem recur coming out of the half. Seems something else is going on to me.

Once SEC coaches figure out Moser’s offense it’s game over. Moser is so awful at making adjustments.
I think that explains this season.

We did change things up a small bit, especially offensively. But as the season went along, teams prepared for that, and we looked a lot worse off after that.

I'm not a Moser lover. Just not smitten by WS's posting style.
It's literally a thread started by WS, about firing Moser and his culture wall, and you are upset about the content of said thread?

Maybe avoid this particular thread?

Back