Msu - sc

Sweetest OU Girl

Reaction score
Here is a link to an article from ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-...-ready-one-last-battle-ncaa-championship-game

And a short excerpt I think you will like (well the real OU fans anyway ;) ):

"Every point guard is different," said Mississippi State assistant coach Dionnah Jackson-Durrett, who played that position in college at Oklahoma. "Morgan has her own way. We want her to embrace being that tough, vocal, firm leader, but we have to embrace how she does it. Because it works for her.

"She'll go over to her teammates, whisper in their ear. And Morgan takes a lot from the coaching staff. We all get on her. But she processes it, and she wants to get it right. She doesn't want to disappoint anyone."

Jackson-Durrett played for the Sooners from 2001 to '05, including an NCAA final appearance her freshman season against UConn in 2002. She is in her second season as an assistant to Vic Schaefer at Mississippi State and says she's seen a noticeable improvement this season in William.

"She had to learn how to control the pace of the game," Jackson-Durrett said. "Sometimes, it just clicks -- all that we've been telling her throughout the year. She really found that against Baylor, and she was very composed [against UConn]. She's had really good games in the past, but she's put it all together now."

I guess this means OU needs to get some of the credit for MSU's success this year. ;)

I wonder if Jackson would consider assisting Sherri at OU... she sounds like just what we need a young coach who is all about defense...

I wonder if Jackson would consider assisting Sherri at OU... she sounds like just what we need a young coach who is all about defense...

I think it would be a great pick, but all the boo birds would just say it was another example of how inbred our staff was.

Not a big proponent of the need to replace OU assistant coaches. I see recruiting and accountability as the two greatest needs for OU WBB. First, I think the targeted profile of Sherri's prospects eliminates too many quality basketball players from consideration. Second, players need to be held more accountable for their performance with consequences for not meeting those expectations and that will not be improved by changing assistants.

That being said it is very probable that Dionnah could help Sherri improve the level of the team's defense play with what she has learned from Schaefer. Also she might be able to add a little intensity to the Sooners level of play but that is more on the head coach.

Last edited:
Sometimes older coaches are just to set in their ways to make changes. I don't know for sure if that is the case with OU and Sherri Coale, I tend to believe it is. As posted many times on here with Boren and the crew don't seem to care about the women program we not likely to see much if any changes in the future. I can see OU taking another step backwards in the coming years. I know we have some good players coming in but don't forget other teams recruit too.

71 Gary Blair
63 Geno Auriemma
62 Tara VanDerveer
61 Muffet McGraw
58 Holly Warlick
56 Vic Schaeffer
54 Kim Mulkey
52 Karen Aston
52 Sherri Coale
47 Dawn Staley
46 Brenda Frese

71 Gary Blair
63 Geno Auriemma
62 Tara VanDerveer
61 Muffet McGraw
58 Holly Warlick
56 Vic Schaeffer
54 Kim Mulkey
52 Karen Aston
52 Sherri Coale
47 Dawn Staley
46 Brenda Frese

Great post, maybe Sherri should change her ways to some of the ones in that list.

For those of us too stupid to figure what this list is this morning, Syb, please describe. I haven't had time to read entire thread to catch up. I'm assuming it has something to do with all-conference players or something.

I was re watching the OU vs U dub game, and I notice that our class of Little Carter and the others never made it to a sweet 16... that's a 4 year drought pretty long for a team as good as OU is...

Thank you Mr. Spock. Not sure what Syb's point is. Maybe I should just go back and read the entire thread.

Thank you Mr. Spock. Not sure what Syb's point is. Maybe I should just go back and read the entire thread.

Inoref's comment 'Sometimes older coaches are just to set in their ways to make changes." was the trigger for Syb.

The spelling added to my confusion, which, at my age, is reaching a worrisome perpetual state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back