My "educated" take on the game...

Edmond_Sooner

Reaction score
Exhibition game....that is the first thing everyone hopefully understands...

The game was more of a chance for me to sit there and really watch the guys movement, energy and execution...

The things that stood out to me:

WW--Much leaner and quicker, there will be no one player that can guard him 1 on 1...PERIOD!

TMG--Lightning quick and has a nice stroke, thought he could have done a better job making sure outlet passes got out smoother but that is something he will get better at the more the big men get used to playing with him and know where he is gonna be on the court...

Ray--Was expecting more, but he has improved...

Cade--Pretty much the same, great energy and hustle...glue guy

Pledger--as pure and confident a shooter as they come, and the fact that he gets good lift on his jumper tells me he will be a guy that wont just have to rely on spotting up...

Tiny--It is obvious he is still trying to find his college game, Capel is challenging him to be in the paint more and you can see it is a challenge for him thus far...He was our only real guy i felt could go get any rebound he wanted...

Fitz--So impressed with his hustle and ability to run the floor...nothing fancy, just plain blood sweat and tears...

RWright--Nothing any different from last year

Crocker--could tell he was frustrated when he dropped his head at the end of the half and when things were cold, cant be like that as a leader...but i know he brings the intensity game in and game out and this game doesnt worry me...

Overall i think it was a good outing for this group to get a chance and play someone else...you could see Capel has been working the S***t out of them, there were some definite signs of fatigue...This group can be special, but will have some nights that make us scratch our heads as fans...If all goes well this is a team that can be playing excellent ball come Jan-Feb and really make a run in the tourney (it's all about the guards)...

BOOMER!!!

Thanks Edmond. We have had some really strong breakdowns after this game. Ryan Wright concerned me the most. I really hope he can play better then he did last night. He could have so many easy baskets if he would make the catch and then go up strong instead of doing a power dribble or a head fake.

Thanks Edmond. We have had some really strong breakdowns after this game. Ryan Wright concerned me the most. I really hope he can play better then he did last night. He could have so many easy baskets if he would make the catch and then go up strong instead of doing a power dribble or a head fake.

Yea, at this point i just dont think he has the skill set to do much else...he lacks confidence in game situations primarily from the lack of playing time last year...maybe once he starts to gain more gametime experience we will see him play a little more free and contribute more...

Back