NCAA Elite 8 /// Oregon vs. Oklahoma /// Gameday Thread

This is all you can ask for. Get in the Final Four and have a chance to win a Title. It's one of the hardest things to do in sports.

Payback time - we had beaten KU twice in 1988 and then lost what a neat deal if we could return the favor

Christian James was the leading rebounder with 10. Also had 5 points.

No matter what happens from here on out, we as Sooner fans can consider ourselves blessed to have been able to enjoy the talented young Mr. Hield. He is a once-every-decade player, maybe more. I feel the same way about Hield as I did when AD was tearing them up on the football team, except I think that Hield is a better character type of guy...

The only good OU comparison is Mark Price back in the day or, (different position) Tisdale.
I hope that we can get past KU next Saturday, it would be sweet revenge for 1988.

But whatever transpires from here on out, I am extremely proud of this bunch of guys, and would love to see them win it all. We have a week to rest up and prepare to take down the hated Hawks. GO SOONERS!!!

EDIT: Assuming that KU will prevail in their game...

Last several games are back to Sooner basketball from earlier in the season. Happening at the right time to a very deserving team.

I don't know if I'd say several, but the last 3 for sure. Play and shoot like that, and we have as good a shot as anybody.

It just sucks the player of the year award is voted on before the tournament (at least I thought it was). Buddy is incredible, and so is this team!

It just sucks the player of the year award is voted on before the tournament (at least I thought it was). Buddy is incredible, and so is this team!
Vote starts after the tournament starts.

Christian James was the leading rebounder with 10. Also had 5 points.

Rebounded like DeAndre Jordan. But, tonight, he also shot like DeAndre Jordan. I've never seen him throw up such bricks. He will be one of the keys to our next Final Four team.

I was just thinking back to 5 years ago and to be honest, I'm feeling emotional. We've come a long way. So proud of this team. What a testament to hard work, dedication and team work.

I'm thrilled.

Same here. Many of us thought Capel did irreparable repair to the program 5 years ago but Kruger has done a masterful job with a team that doesn't have a single top 100 player starting. That says something about his ability to spot talent and coach it up.

Same here. Many of us thought Capel did irreparable repair to the program 5 years ago but Kruger has done a masterful job with a team that doesn't have a single top 100 player starting. That says something about his ability to spot talent and coach it up.

I wonder if Capel was sitting on his couch watching Ryan Spangler talk about going to the Final Four with the Sooners???? (Before you say it, I know Ryan might have already finished his eligibility had Capel signed him. It hasaalways made me mad that Capel ignored Ryan.)

Back