NCAA Tournament - Saturday Game Thread

How in the heck did KU get a #1 seed?

The real question is how in the heck did Mussellman fumble such a talented roster? Undoubtedly top 10 in talent, yet lost to nearly every top 25 team they played this year until tonight.

$$$

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ContextFreeCBB/status/1637239291121397760[/TWEET]

He is such a clown. I’ll never hate a team as much as I hate KU but as far as the personnel on the two teams, Arky is much more unlikable than this particular KU team. But I’m still glad Arky won … a life of KU hate is too much to overcome.

nobody needs to see that. i think eric just got nicknamed no-musselman. he must've been an absolute maniac when he was drinking.

Hahahahahaha I love it!!

I need to find the video of him getting ejected last year after Moser handed his ass to him. His assistant coaches looked bored by how easy it was to restrain him.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1637241748874498048[/TWEET]

I don’t know if I dislike a coach more than that little b*tch

The real question is how in the heck did Mussellman fumble such a talented roster? Undoubtedly top 10 in talent, yet lost to nearly every top 25 team they played this year until tonight.

Because they have no discipline, from the top down. Even today, it showed in the first half. They were at least smart enough to ride Davis and stop jacking threes in the second half.

Weakest, or maybe most susceptible, group of 1 seeds I can remember in some time.

UH is susceptible because their best player is injured, and KU is susceptible because their coach just had heart surgery. None of the teams are overly strong at an individual level, but if at full-strength, Sweet 16 would be a cakewalk for KU and UH most years. Arkansas is up there with that UK team as one of the most talented 8 seeds of all-time.

Thank goodness ku lost and I was wrong. What a second half turnaround for arky. I don’t care for Arkansas at all but I hate ku basketball. I didn’t realize the level of douchebag that arky’s coach really was. Don’t care for him either.

I’m just glad ku is done. Made my day.

Because they have no discipline, from the top down. Even today, it showed in the first half. They were at least smart enough to ride Davis and stop jacking threes in the second half.

I'm just confused by the fact that Musselman went Elite 8 the last two years with less talented rosters. Admittedly I didn't see much of his last two postseason other than the dogfight against 15-seed ORU, which was quite a fortunate Sweet 16 draw. Perhaps there was a lot of luck, but he's starting to rack up too many NCAA wins for that.

UH is susceptible because their best player is injured, and KU is susceptible because their coach just had heart surgery. None of the teams are overly strong at an individual level, but if at full-strength, Sweet 16 would be a cakewalk for KU and UH most years. Arkansas is up there with that UK team as one of the most talented 8 seeds of all-time.

Give me a break.

Purdue - Everybody and their mother had them going out early.

KU - Bill Self not being on the sideline doesn't have much of an effect. That is an excuse. He was there with the team. He did all of the game planning and such. And I'm guessing he was even getting info the acting HC during the game. UT beat their butts twice in recent weeks, once with Bill Self on the sidelines. You have to go back to almost exactly one month since they beat a Tourney team (TCU), not counting their KC win against an exposed ISU team.

UH - Sasser isn't injured. He's hurt at worst, and he has looked fine. I've watched UH a lot this season. Their offense has been a problem all year. NO IDEA how their offense is 10th on Ken Pom, because their guard play has been underwhelming all season as a whole. Sasser shooting it worse than last year from deep by 5%. Mark shooting it worse than last year, and terribly of late. Shead not a great shooter. And if offense overall has been their biggest issue, the second is having no bench. They have a serviceable big off the bench that shoots about 39% from the FT line, and they have two guards that neither should be the first off the bench. One can defend but can't shoot, the other is a true freshman that can ONLY shoot (streaky). They've been playing with fire all year with close games against teams they should have run out of the gym. I love Kelvin. I've rooted for them all year. But this team has been a bit of smoke and mirrors. Some big time holes in their roster/game this year, compared to the last two where injuries (ie, guys literally not playing at all) really did hurt them.

You don't have to agree with me, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Also didn't like many of the two's. Zona wasn't as good as their seed. UCLA is without one of their best players. Don't really trust Marquette either. Even Bama seems week for an overall #1 seed.

We'll see how it shakes out, but especially if UH loses tonight, it's not shaping up to be a bunch of 1's and 2's in the Final Four like it usually is. There is a lot more parity in the game. You see it from the close 1/16, 2/15, 3/14 type games in recent years. Chalk it up to the 3 point shot being used more. To guards being more important than bigs. To better coaching/game planning. Portal/NIL. Whatever you want. But parity is here, but in the high seeds and low seeds.

Rooting for Houston now.

DBjUDOY.jpg

Arkansas is up there with that UK team as one of the most talented 8 seeds of all-time.

On paper maybe. You are forgetting that all of that "paper talent" is largely true freshman. You didn't expect them to having growing pains at all? How young is KU? They aren't. If Ark can keep those kids another year or two, THAT is when you can put expectations on them. Not a roster full of true freshman and transfers.

Sasser is so good.

A smart NBA team, somewhere in the mid-to-bottom of the first, should draft him.

I so wish Princeton could win it all. It would so fun to watch their celebration....

Shead with 4 fouls as well.

The pups - Arceneaux & Sharp - will have to play big minutes.

Houston going Nolan Johnson vs osu ( I believe) with Mark right now.

On paper maybe. You are forgetting that all of that "paper talent" is largely true freshman. You didn't expect them to having growing pains at all? How young is KU? They aren't. If Ark can keep those kids another year or two, THAT is when you can put expectations on them. Not a roster full of true freshman and transfers.

the 2 best freshman are both going to be top 11 picks .. they are not coming back ..

that is not "paper talent" it is just talent

Back