NCAA Tournament - Saturday Game Thread

Enjoying the Penn St/texas game. A clash of different styles/methods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inject those timmy allen turnovers straight into my veins.

B12 is a good/tough conference because there aren’t any bad teams. We were the worst team and we weren’t a “bad” college basketball team— just a middling one in a conference with teams all better than middling.

But I do think the “historically good” stuff was overblown and it has showed so far in tourney.

B12 is a good/tough conference because there aren’t any bad teams. We were the worst team and we weren’t a “bad” college basketball team— just a middling one in a conference with teams all better than middling.

But I do think the “historically good” stuff was overblown and it has showed so far in tourney.

We have four of the best 12 teams in the country. KU losing by a point to a very talented team while missing their coach doesn’t exactly change what happened the past four months.

lol this was not kelvin at OU

and OU doesn't have blake if kelvin at stayed at OU

and i enjoyed buddy and the final 4

I said outside of 2-3 seasons. I stand by that.

And I agree that kelvin is a better coach today because of his experiences after he left OU. I also stand by my criticism of OU Leadership and their failure to manage the program.

I said outside of 2-3 seasons. I stand by that.

And I agree that kelvin is a better coach today because of his experiences after he left OU. I also stand by my criticism of OU Leadership and their failure to manage the program.

kelvin didn't learn from leaving OU and put IU on probation and got a show cause .. that would have happened at OU if he had stayed ..

and no blake ..

You are forgetting that all of that "paper talent" is largely true freshman.

Was Gonzaga not good two years ago because they had Suggs and Holmgren? UK has been contenders numerous times with mostly freshmen, and Duke won a title not so long ago the same way. You're a decade (or two?) behind if you haven't figured out the impact that freshmen have on the college game.

and no blake ..

We MIGHT not have gotten two years of Blake, but we would have gotten 4 years of Damian James and Scottie Reynolds. And countless other people. I love Blake and Buddy, but I love Hollis and Quannas just as much.

kelvin didn't learn from leaving OU and put IU on probation and got a show cause .. that would have happened at OU if he had stayed ..

and no blake ..

Only 1 of Blake’s seasons was memorable. And 2 seasons with buddy. The rest of the last 15+ years has mostly been forgettable. So again, I stand by my statement.

You act like Blake was some savior of OU basketball. I love Blake but he was here for 1 good season. After he left, it was complete failure. I loved Lon and he’s a great man but we had 2 really good seasons and the rest was mostly forgettable.

The OU admin failed the program. They failed Sampson. They failed the fans and donors. They have failed in their stewardship of the program.

Was Gonzaga not good two years ago because they had Suggs and Holmgren? UK has been contenders numerous times with mostly freshmen, and Duke won a title not so long ago the same way. You're a decade (or two?) behind if you haven't figured out the impact that freshmen have on the college game.

Suggs and Holmgren didn't play together. They were on different teams. They were each a freshman surrounded by older/experienced players. So.....not the same as Arkansas.

Same with Duke/UK. Two programs with HOF coaches that have been playing/developing freshmen 5* kids for a long time. But they've also generally had some good vets around them too. Don't compare that situation to Arkansas. It's not the same.

A good game to finish the night (I know some others here like baseball) was USA vs Venezuela in the World Baseball tournament.

UCLA kid might have broken his ankle with like 20 seconds left. If not broken, severely sprained. Looked bad.

Not sure why some of you are trying to defend that KU wasn't vulnerable this year (actually I do), when they recently bot blown out twice by UT, struggled against TT and WVU recently, and heck, even struggled mightily against us earlier in the year. Yes, they had some really good wins too, but they seemed to play up/down to their opponent more this year than a normal Bill Self coached team. Most didn't think they'd be a 1 seed type team when this season started. Their roster isn't scary good. Testament to Self they were as good as they were, but they weren't dominant. Kind of my same argument against Houston. Played up and down to competition. That makes winning 4-6 games in the Dance tough.

A good game to finish the night (I know some others here like baseball) was USA vs Venezuela in the World Baseball tournament.

That was one huge grand slam for Turner! The atmosphere tomorrow night against Cuba will be electric. We will probably feel like the road team.

I flipped it over for the last few innings. I'm not a big fan of the WBC, but the Olympic-like atmosphere makes it fun. Just hate seeing guys get hurt before the MLB season starts. Also hate not seeing anywhere close to the best representing USA.

Only 1 of Blake’s seasons was memorable. And 2 seasons with buddy. The rest of the last 15+ years has mostly been forgettable. So again, I stand by my statement.

You act like Blake was some savior of OU basketball. I love Blake but he was here for 1 good season. After he left, it was complete failure. I loved Lon and he’s a great man but we had 2 really good seasons and the rest was mostly forgettable.

The OU admin failed the program. They failed Sampson. They failed the fans and donors. They have failed in their stewardship of the program.

Your argument seems all over the place. It’s one thing to say the last 17 years haven’t been great. It’s quite another to call them a dumpster fire or a failure. The latter isn’t remotely true. We had a couple awful years under Capel and one year under Lon where Murphy’s Law seemed to apply, but our other years were anywhere from fine to great (obviously 2016).

Just ready to see us build a program that has an identify. That is something we haven't had, that and consistency, since Kelvin left. What was our identify under Capel? One really good team with one really good player? That isn't really an identity, and certainly isn't sustainable. What about under Lon? Solid guard play? Balanced team? Meh. Under Moser? I haven't seen an identity yet.

I don't even really care what it is at this point. Play tough, UH-style defense. Recruit a team full of mildly athletic shooters, and get one big dude that is bouncy and can block shots and rebound. Be like Arkansas and get a bunch of long, freak athletes. Again, I don't really care, but do something.

Back