NCAA Tournament - Saturday Game Thread

We MIGHT not have gotten two years of Blake, but we would have gotten 4 years of Damian James and Scottie Reynolds. And countless other people. I love Blake and Buddy, but I love Hollis and Quannas just as much.

2 years later OU would have been on probation and kelvin would have gotten a show cause ....

and because OU is not IU OU would have had a post season ban

Kelvin needed to have his NBA run to be as elite a coach as he is now. We probably overlooked what we had with Kelvin then but he probably never becomes this good a coach sticking here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

At the girl's game tonight...

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ContextFreeCBB/status/1637317229883846656[/TWEET]

That was one huge grand slam for Turner! The atmosphere tomorrow night against Cuba will be electric. We will probably feel like the road team.

I went crazy when Turner hit that out. The "clutch" guys like Trout and Betts just weren't having great nights, but the US lineup is DEEP. And yes, there were a lot more Venezuelan fans there it seemed.

I flipped it over for the last few innings. I'm not a big fan of the WBC, but the Olympic-like atmosphere makes it fun. Just hate seeing guys get hurt before the MLB season starts. Also hate not seeing anywhere close to the best representing USA.

Yep. Very unfortunate for Altuve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I flipped it over for the last few innings. I'm not a big fan of the WBC, but the Olympic-like atmosphere makes it fun. Just hate seeing guys get hurt before the MLB season starts. Also hate not seeing anywhere close to the best representing USA.

We have pretty much all the best position players playing, it’s just the pitching staff missing the top guys. It would be great if they were there but it makes sense that they wouldn’t feel comfortable doing it before their arms are ready for a real workload.

Figured your heart sank as much as mine when that happened. Felt like I was going to get physically ill.

Yeah, that was hard to take. At least Nimmo's injury is relatively minor. If we'd lost him, too, that would have been just too much.

Houston going Nolan Johnson vs osu ( I believe) with Mark right now.

Good call. Kelvin specifically mentioned this in his postgame comments Saturday. Said he thought back to that last game at old GIA and how they just had Nolan play one-on-one because OSU was too good defensively for us to run any real offense.

He'll be back by, what, June at that latest?

Now Diaz--that was unfortunate.

Both unfortunate. But if the topic is whether risking injury is worth it, then I agree that Diaz takes the prize. He wouldn’t have the chance to celebrate for quite a while if he had bypassed the WBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the girl's game tonight...

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ContextFreeCBB/status/1637317229883846656[/TWEET]

No longer Available…. Was it moser? Saw he was there with joe.

His daughter got in the last 30 sec

Lol it showed up once I posted…

Back