Nebraska adds Myles Holley (juco) to recruiting class

thebigabd

Reaction score
heat2(11-25).jpg

Myles Holley, G, 6-5, 195, Norfolk, Va. (Booker T. Washington/Brunswick (N.C.) CC/Heat Academy)

As a senior, he helped Washington to a 21-6 record and another state playoff appearance. On the year, he averaged 16.7 points, 7.4 rebounds per game, helping him earn 2007 Eastern District, Eastern Region and All-Tidewater Player-of-the-Year honors following his final campaign. In the postseason, his averages rose dramatically, as he averaged 24.6 points, 13.5 rebounds and nearly four blocked shots per game in the playoffs for coach Darren Sanderlin, including two games of 34 or more points in the playoffs.

Following his high school career, Holley played his first collegiate season at Brunswick (N.C.) Community College. He helped the team to a school-record total for wins in 2007-08, finishing the year with a 28-5 record. On the season, he averaged 13.2 points and 9.5 rebounds per game. His averages were the 11th and fourth-best totals in school history, respectively. He hit an impressive 59.0 percent from the floor, connecting on 164-of-278 field-goal attempts, with only nine shots (two made) from beyond the arc.

Holley will come to Nebraska this summer after spending the past year playing with the Heat Academy in Martinsville, Va., under coach Jason Niblett, Holley helped the program to a 36-6 overall record while averaging nearly 20 points and eight rebounds per game.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=20&SPID=24&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=3734125

The places where he has played are places that are considered home to Jeff Capel. I would be willing to bet that if he were any good, Jeff would have gotten him.

The places where he has played are places that are considered home to Jeff Capel. I would be willing to bet that if he were any good, Jeff would have gotten him.

It sounds like he is a great athlete with no shooting ability at all. He only attempted 9 three point shots on the season.

At best he will probably be a defensive guy off the bench. A Janavor Weatherspoon (OSU) kind of role. Really good athlete with limited to no offensive ability.

Myles is very good saw him in Highschool, his problem was grades and his knees....He stayed hurt...either one knee or the other all the time...Plus his grades were terrible, I'm glad he gotit staightened out

Back