New Arena could be coming sooner than thought

I would bet there is a shuttle to take kids to and from campus. The university can afford that and already does for LNC to campus for classes.

Why can't free bus service be provided to transport students to games regardless of where a new basketball arena is place?

I'm sure it would be. But that has been used in the past to LNC and I don't think it helped

I've been to many games at LNC -- not in a few years, but many over the years -- and I never once gave a thought to the arena. There was a reasonably comfortable seat and an OU game being played out on the court. That's all i've ever required.

I'm not against a new arena -- I'm not sure anyone is. I just don't buy that it'll make a huge difference in the long term. I don't believe that it will change the culture around Sooner basketball. There'll be some increased interest at first due to the curiosity factor, but that uptick will level out before long unless we happen to have a top-notch, highly ranked team at the time (and who knows--maybe we will).

I really don't care about the arena personally but a lot of fans do. Fact is, a new fancy arena would bring more fans. After casual fans visit the Paycom arena and then go to the LNC, the difference is stark.

The LNC is a tomb. It's dark, dull, and dead. The concessions are a joke. the amenities are a joke.

Again, to me, that stuff doesn't matter. But to the casual fan, they do

I really don't care about the arena personally but a lot of fans do. Fact is, a new fancy arena would bring more fans. After casual fans visit the Paycom arena and then go to the LNC, the difference is stark.

The LNC is a tomb. It's dark, dull, and dead. The concessions are a joke. the amenities are a joke.

Well put. And we need all the causal fans we can get!

Tomb? Dang! That made me laugh.. Yeah it kind of was an eye opener when Moser mentioned it’s been around since 1975. That is a long time. Hard to believe an athletic program of this stature could let that happen…

Back