New Recruit SG Ricky Scott (2010)

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
My bad. It is RickEy Scott

Four star out of MacArthur Texas. Guy that we might want to watch out for....

6'2 195

RICKEYSCOTT6_5150.JPG

Rivals on Scott:

Rickey Scott (2010)- As physically strong as any guard in the 2010 class, Scott scored in a variety of ways primarily in the midrange on Saturday. He has an impressive ability to move back and forth from a scoring mode to a passing mode

He is the 5th best player in Texas according to TexasHoops.com (behind Clark, Taylor, Jones, and Pressey).

He is Texas Techs #1 priority for the 2010 class. He claims to be most interested in Tech, Baylor, and Marquette but that was back in May.

Tech will want to sign Scott and then probably a couple of the best jucos if they can. It would fit their recruiting profile of getting the best high school player they possibly can and then filling in the rest with junior college players...

Last edited:
I have heard that he is really liking Marquette...just thought I'd throw it out there...

I've never heard OU associated with him at all...have you heard something Big?

I have heard that he is really liking Marquette...just thought I'd throw it out there...

I've never heard OU associated with him at all...have you heard something Big?

I think Buzz gets this kid. He's recruited him for a long time.

I've never heard OU associated with him at all...have you heard something Big?[/QUOTE]

I had heard some rumblings from a buddy of mine, and now Hale is saying something about it, so yeah, I think we must being going after him. I am not sure how hard?

DM,

Marquette was supposed to get TJ Taylor too. I don't think it is going to be that easy for Buzz to come cherry pick Texas. He will get a few, but I don't think he can just come in and get who he wants....

Check this gem out from June 11 in which Scott was talking to an SMU reporter:

"I'm trying to plan a visit next week to Texas A&M and the week after I'm going to try to go to Oklahoma. I've always been an Oklahoma fan. I like Texas A&M's style of play."

Glad to hear that! :clap

He would be a very nice get.

Hale threw out another name also in PG Jelani Hewitt of Miami, FL.

Sounds great Big, he was a guy I was hoping we were in on back when he was a little less well-thought of. You know, the reason I thought he was going to Marquette was because a buddy of mine said that he thought Scott had eyes on going out of state. I assumed Marquette because I thought they were the only out of state school in on him. My buddy knows I am an OU freak so maybe he was telling me something and I just totally missed it.

Regardless, he is a really interesting kid...should be fun to follow...

The reason I thought he was going to Marquette was because a buddy of mine said that he thought Scott had eyes on going out of state. I assumed Marquette because I thought they were the only out of state school in on him.

ksu is also recruiting scott.

James has an interview up with Scott (Nice going Mr. Hale!).

In summary,

We haven't offered. He loves OU and Coach Cline. If we offer then we will be at the top of his list....

The more I read about this guy, the more I see him as one of those classic Tech players under Bobby Knight. He is strong, finishes underneath, loves the midrange, and can create off the dribble.

It will be interesting to see how Capel proceeds with this one.

Scott may be an indicator of how OU is doing in getting a PG. Scott is a combo guard in the same way Taylor is. OU may not be able to land a PG guard because of TMG.

Thanks. Where'd you see that? Haven't been able to find out much about him.

Rickey Scott (Full Court Athletes)

A physical athlete, Scott stood out against Team Detroit with his tenacious defense on Ray McCallum. A shooting guard on offense who can both attack the basket and knock down a three-pointer on the catch, Scott has great value as a lock down defender on three positions as well.

He's getting a little rivals love.

He's getting a little rivals love.

Good to see him playing D at a high level. I questioned that a little the times that I watched him play. He would go to OU if Capel decides to offer....

I like guys that can and do play defense. Our perimeter D needs shoring up.

We've got some good video of Scott in action that BigTime and the guys filmed at the AAU Tournament in Dallas a couple of weeks ago. I'll get it posted as soon as I figured out how to get it from my camcorder to my laptop. :eddie187_jpg_xs:

Back