Way too early Big 12 predictions 4/28/2010 Edition

Anderson's never had this much talent. Quin never did, either, if you're talking top to bottom (he may have had a better top 5 during his 2nd or 3rd season, but that's it). The last time MU had this much talent was 1994... and that year they swept the Big 8. And they've won it plenty before that (and cheated no more than kansas has over the years to do it).

Mitchell still hasn't officially qualified, although confidence is pretty high. There are a lot of questions about Kadeem Green (possible issues due to multiple high schools in two different countries). Ratliffe needs to finish some basic juco coursework over the summer before enrolling at Mizzou, but that's a small hurdle.

Anderson's never had this much talent.

Wow, totally disagree. 2 years ago (07-08) Mizzou had much more talent IMO. Stephon Hannah, Demarre Carroll, Leo Lyons, Keon Lawrence, Matt Lawrence, JT Tiller, Marshall Brown. That team was loaded.
This team might have one guy that would start on that team.

Mitchell still hasn't officially qualified, although confidence is pretty high.
Why did you all send the same guy to take his test that took Doug Smiths and Lee Cowards? :woot

I'd go something like...

1. Kansas
2. Kansas State
3. Texas
4. Missouri
5. Baylor
6. OSU
7. A&M
8. Tech
9. Colorado
10. OU
11. Nebraska
12. Iowa State

Wow, totally disagree. 2 years ago (07-08) Mizzou had much more talent IMO. Stephon Hannah, Demarre Carroll, Leo Lyons, Keon Lawrence, Matt Lawrence, JT Tiller, Marshall Brown. That team was loaded.

Why did you all send the same guy to take his test that took Doug Smiths and Lee Cowards? :woot

Loaded?

Hannah was a selfish headcase. Marshall Brown was an apathetic mess. Keon had the maturity of a middle school girl. Carroll, Lyons, Matt Lawrence and Tiller were good, but that's four guys (and IMO four guys who aren't significantly better than Mizzou's top four next year). Next year's MU team is much, much deeper than what we had two years ago.

I believe the guy who took Doug Smith's SAT is now employed by South Oak Cliff HS.

Any team that lost to Sean Sutton at home was by definition NOT loaded.

Loaded?
Hannah was a selfish headcase. Marshall Brown was an apathetic mess. Keon had the maturity of a middle school girl. Carroll, Lyons, Matt Lawrence and Tiller were good, but that's four guys (and IMO four guys who aren't significantly better than Mizzou's top four next year). Next year's MU team is much, much deeper than what we had two years ago.

You said "talent". That team was loaded with talent. Of course some of them guys weren't all there...that's why Missouri got them. Doesn't make them any less talented. Just like you mentioned earlier in this thread that 3 of your recruits aren't yet eligible. Please, you aren't going to convince anyone that Marcus Denmon is better than Stephon Hannah. LOL.

I believe the guy who took Doug Smith's SAT is now employed by South Oak Cliff HS.
:facepalm You really are going to try and compare that someone said they changed a grade for Darrell Arthur at his high school (which KU, Baylor nor anyone recruiting him had anything to do with) and which there is no evidence to suggest its true to the fact that Mizzou arranged someone to go and take Lee Cowards and Doug Smiths ACT/SAT tests for them? Are you serious? They flew a guy to their hometowns and paid him to lie and say he was them and take their tests. Please. :ez-laugh:

Any team that lost to Sean Sutton at home was by definition NOT loaded.

Loaded with talent...just couldn't get them to play.
Mizzou lost to ORU this year with all that talent.
Stuff happens.

This thread is good news for Kansas Basketball.

Ok, you want to compare pure talent... Hannah was a great scorer. Keon was a good athlete with a mediocre skillset ( which is why he barely played at seton hall). Brown was an elite athlete... as long as you were only asking him to jump high and not run fast or move side to side. His basketball skills were, like Keon, mediocre.

No one's making a denmon to Hannah comparison except for you.

Smith and coward had someone else take their standardized tests over 20 years ago, an article rehashing it gets posted on phog and now you're trying to make it into an issue. Meanwhile, your team won a national title three years ago with a player who couldn't pass high school math. And no matter what you want to tell yourself, his academics are no more legit than smith's. Did I mention your athletic department is being investigated by the FBI and IRS right now, and a major player happens to be a hand-picked fundraiser your ad brought from uconn? I can't imagine what your ad would be doing with thousands upon thousands of unaccounted for dollars... Let's not act as if anyone is clean here.

Also, you can write off mizzou's incoming talent as flawed (why else could they possibly be going to Mizzou?) but the fact is, Anderson has a roster set for next year that is tailor made for what he wants to do, and it's the first time in his five years here when that has been true.

Smith and coward had someone else take their standardized tests over 20 years ago, an article rehashing it gets posted on phog and now you're trying to make it into an issue. Meanwhile, your team won a national title three years ago with a player who couldn't pass high school math. And no matter what you want to tell yourself, his academics are no more legit than smith's. Did I mention your athletic department is being investigated by the FBI and IRS right now, and a major player happens to be a hand-picked fundraiser your ad brought from uconn? I can't imagine what your ad would be doing with thousands upon thousands of unaccounted for dollars... Let's not act as if anyone is clean here.

:ez-laugh: Nothing you say above about recruits is factual except Mizzou arranged a guy to fly all over the country taking ACT/SAT tests for recruits.
Yes, a guy in the athletic department was selling tickets that boosters weren't using to the highest bidder. What does that have to do with basketball or recruiting? Guy should be in jail. I hope he goes there. Has nothing to do with basketball. Deflect, deflect, deflect.
We'll see on the court again this year....care to make a wager on who finishes higher KU or Mizzou?

Oh and how can you say such bad things about Keon Lawrence? When he was at Mizzou he was the next great thing...just ask BigABD. :)
My point is....take what BigABD says about Mizzou with a grain of salt. Even you aren't saying Mizzou will win the league. That's absurd. The coaches poll will have two North teams picked ahead of Mizzou.

Last edited:
Also, you can write off mizzou's incoming talent as flawed (why else could they possibly be going to Mizzou?) but the fact is, Anderson has a roster set for next year that is tailor made for what he wants to do, and it's the first time in his five years here when that has been true.

I'm just sayin'? Who's the last great recruit they got that wasn't?

I'm glad Anderson has his perfect roster. Nobody else in the league does so then this should be their year to win it if they ever are going to. I can't wait to see it.

OU will finish 7th.

That's my out-there prediction of the offseason.

You have an interesting definition of what is or isn't a fact. All disputes aside, any kansas fan acting as if his school is clean has his head in the sand. kansas is the more recent of the two programs to face NCAA probation, which included a lack of institutional control. Mizzou's had its issues with the NCAA, but no more (and probably less than) kansas.

The FBI issue is not just "a guy" who was selling a few tickets. They don't get involved in small time operations, and the idea that a major ticket scam could be going on without Perkins knowing about it (and with one of his top fundraisers that he brought in from UConn acting as a major player) is dubious, at best. Surely any AD worth $4,000,000 should know what's going on in his athletic department...

Regarding the things that actually matter on the court... please try again to differentiate between me and thebigabd. I never said Mizzou would finish higher than kansas. I've actually said (multiple times) that I'm not predicting anything at this point. Why would I wager now?

And again, I don't care what thebigabd said about Keon Lawrence. In fact, I doubt you even know what he said about Keon, as neither he, nor you, nor I were registered here when Keon left Mizzou. As for what I said, I can say all those things because they were true, and I would've said it three years ago, too. Keon was an above average athlete, a decent scorer, a mediocre ball handler, and an overall poor defender. Mike Anderson never would have recruited him under normal circumstances (as it was, he needed bodies and decided to keep Keon after Quin left). He just flat out was not very good.

Your advice to take thebigabd's Mizzou comments with a grain of salt might be more beneficial to people who don't follow Mizzou. And the same advice could be said about you. Anyone looking for information about Mizzou should definitely approach your comments with skepticism. You're more slanted in your prognostications than anyone I've seen here, and it's really not too close.

MU may be picked behind two North teams next year. They were also picked 7th in the coaches' poll last year, with UT 2nd, OU 3rd, and Baylor 10th. The coaches generally don't know sh*t. They'll probably pick MU to finish 4th or 5th, and they'll probably be off like they consistently are. As for my pick... I never said MU wouldn't. I said I wasn't going to make a prediction at this time. It's not absurd at all for MU to be in serious contention for a Big 12 title.

Flawed and great are both completely subjective. I don't have any problems with any of the recruits MU has brought in over the past few years.

Back