Next Year's Lineup

Between BigO, Gallon, and Willis, Darby Rich is going to have to be an MVP. Those guys have a ways to go to be able to take the big12 game. No offense, but I don't want a Courtney Paris situation on this team.

Between BigO, Gallon, and Willis, Darby Rich is going to have to be an MVP. Those guys have a ways to go to be able to take the big12 game. No offense, but I don't want a Courtney Paris situation on this team.

You don't want someone who gets a double double every game??
You don't want a 4 time all-american?

Maybe he doesn't want the only person, regardless of gender or division, to score 2500 points and 2000 rebounds.

That would suck!

Maybe he doesn't want the only person, regardless of gender or division, to score 2500 points and 2000 rebounds.

That would suck!

You're right, it would suck if Blake stayed another two years. :D

I don't want to see someone struggling to get up and down the court. I think Courtney Paris is great, but her conditioning her last two years at OU was not very good. Now Ashley Paris on the other hand is a complete 180. I'll tell you what, look at CPs numbers her first two years when she was in slightly better shape compared to her last two years. It's great her numbers were so good, but imagine how good they would be if she were in better conditioning.

Last edited:
Dirty can defend his own comments best, but I think his point is that Willis needs to get a lot stronger in order to compete in the big 12, Big O needs to have a lot quicker feet to hang and Gallon will need to be in a lot better condition to be effective. All valid points that are, at least to me, hard to argue with and kind of self evident.

I may be wrong, but I don't think he was dissing CP3, just making the point that notwithstanding how good she was, she was out of shape. Surely, nobody is going to argue with that -- she plainly was and this was noted by just about every announcer that called an OU game. I appreciate everything CP3 did. Stating a fairly obvious fact doesn't change that. As much as I loved cp3 as a player, I wish she would have been a little more dedicated to improving herself and her game.

In short, we have some good propects coming back but nobody that looks like blake right now. I agree with this, but still think we will be improved. If WW returns, we will be deeper at every position, have a pure point guard (which we have lacked) and generally be more experianced, at least in tournament play.

Courtney Paris is great. If I were teaching post players how work in the post, I would use tape of Paris. However, it would be insulting to act as if we didn't know what her liability was.

Now as far as the three guys I mentioned, they all can be contributors and in Tiny's case we expect him to be a huge contributor. Now anyone who has ever played organized basketball, and has played the post position knows that the most running on the basketball court is by post players. Post Players have to run baseline to baseline, block to block. Often Big guys have to cover the inbound pass on the press, but still have to get back to protect the basket. After about 4 or 5 times down the court, your lungs start to burn and you start to breathe out of your mouth. Then you get slower. Now mental fatigue steps in and you start figuring out shortcuts. You start walk or slow jog on offense so that either the team has to wait on you, or they shoot quick and you have less ground to travel on defense. You don't battle as hard for boards. You bend at the waist for loose balls instead of getting on the ground. All of this is detrimental to a team and a coach is not going to tolerate that. In watchig Gallon and Big O, they have both done this for the times they have been on the court. Now Big O is ahead of Tiny in my opinion with conditioning. His last few games he ran the court well.

Willis reminds me of Marcus Dove when he first came to OSU. Marcus was a skinny ans Willis, but took a redshirt year to hit the weights. Willis is a long guy and adding bulk would definetely help him become a more versatile player. Willis's legnth and height is better than alot of post players, but if he were go get caught in the post against a post player or even a more bulkier guard, like Muenelo, there is one phrase those guys will call, "mouse in the house". Alot of time undersized guys like Willis get caught in the lane and foul to prevent being overpowered. Bulking up will help him with these issues and help him be a better rebounder, IMO.

No chance Cade starts...

There is no basis for this statement. Right now Cade Davis would be the third backcourt player on the depth chart.

Personally, I hope that TMG and/or Pledger are so good they take his minutes but at this point all we truly know is that TMG and Pledger are believed to be really good players.

I really don't see how anyone could say any scholarship player on the team has no chance to start at this point. I could easily see Davis, Willis, Allen, Pattillo or Wright starting in the right circumstances. I certainly don't think they all have the same odds of starting and I don't think more than two of them will start but to suggest they have no chance to start just doesn't seem logical to me.

There is no basis for this statement. Right now Cade Davis would be the third backcourt player on the depth chart.

Personally, I hope that TMG and/or Pledger are so good they take his minutes but at this point all we truly know is that TMG and Pledger are believed to be really good players.

I really don't see how anyone could say any scholarship player on the team has no chance to start at this point. I could easily see Davis, Willis, Allen, Pattillo or Wright starting in the right circumstances. I certainly don't think they all have the same odds of starting and I don't think more than two of them will start but to suggest they have no chance to start just doesn't seem logical to me.

I expect Cade to get some burn early on in the season, but let's face it, he's getting recruited over very quickly.

I expect Cade to get some burn early on in the season, but let's face it, he's getting recruited over very quickly.

But let's also face it that he works harder than the guys that he has been recruited over with. The kid will keep playing big minutes unless someone like Pledger or Willis decides to outwork him (good luck with that).

But let's also face it that he works harder than the guys that he has been recruited over with. The kid will keep playing big minutes unless someone like Pledger or Willis decides to outwork him (good luck with that).

I'd rather Cade "work hard", than not, but that will only get him so far.

At some point, he has to find a way to defend the ball (foot speed), and be more consistent in making shots.

I'd rather Cade "work hard", than not, but that will only get him so far.

At some point, he has to find a way to defend the ball (foot speed), and be more consistent in making shots.

Why the quotations regarding the work hard part? Don't take my word for it; ask Capel. He was the second hardest worker on last year's squad (behind Blake).

I think that his work ethic will more than likely still get him more minutes than Ray and Pledge combined even if he doesn't improve much at all (note that I do think he will improve). Both of those other guys will pretty much be rookies, as Ray barely saw a significant minute last year. To me, that says a lot about how much Capel values hard work during practice. Much like your boy did, TU.

Back