Next Year's Roster

I have a better shot at being the starting 4 next year than Keita does. :D

Since we know almost nothing about Northweather’s progress during his redshirt season, how can anyone be sure he has no chance of playing and eventually starting at the four spot? He is listed as a PF on every web site I have seen except one.

Since we know almost nothing about Northweather’s progress during his redshirt season, how can anyone be sure he has no chance of playing and eventually starting at the four spot? He is listed as a PF on every web site I have seen except one.

I’ll answer for all the recruiting services & OU coaches…Northweather will not start or play the 4 next season.

i will have a nice little surprise for the board coming tomorrow .. (not a new commit)

I’ll answer for all the recruiting services & OU coaches…Northweather will not start or play the 4 next season.

And is there any reason any of us should think u have the knowledge to be able to competently speak about Northweather or to speak for any recruiting services or coaches?

I don't think Norweather will play the 4, but he definitely has better odds than WTS.

What I want is for people not to run down our players as though they were smarter than coaches and recruiters without offering to share the basis for their hurtful comments.

It’s a hurtful comment to say Norweather won’t play the 4 this year? I really hope he’s mentally tougher than you.

My basis is he can’t guard on the perimeter. Hughley isn’t a rim protector & can’t switch out onto the perimeter & neither can Godwin. So Norweather can’t play alongside them. Also the fact that Moser is getting bigger wings to probably play small ball when the starting 4 they are trying to find needs a rest.

It’s a hurtful comment to say Norweather won’t play the 4 this year? I really hope he’s mentally tougher than you.

My basis is he can’t guard on the perimeter. Hughley isn’t a rim protector & can’t switch out onto the perimeter & neither can Godwin. So Norweather can’t play alongside them. Also the fact that Moser is getting bigger wings to probably play small ball when the starting 4 they are trying to find needs a rest.

I enjoyed reading your explanation a lot better than your original statement. I would point out that I didn't see Jacob doing well at guarding opponents out on the perimeter but he played. I have $10 that say he will play some minutes during the coming season. Who knows Hugley may go down or need rest in games so someone else may be in at center or Northweather just may be better than you think. Let me know it the wager is on.

I enjoyed reading your explanation a lot better than your original statement. I would point out that I didn't see Jacob doing well at guarding opponents out on the perimeter but he played. I have $10 that say he will play some minutes during the coming season. Who knows Hugley may go down or need rest in games so someone else may be in at center or Northweather just may be better than you think. Let me know it the wager is on.

Yep Jacob Groves did struggle defensively & his minutes got cut. If Norweather can play on the perimeter like Jacob I’d be shocked & delighted.

The wager was on if Norweather would play the 4, not if he’d play. I’d wager $10 that Norweather won’t play minutes at the 4 unless it’s obvious mop up time with the walk-ons.

Yep Jacob Groves did struggle defensively & his minutes got cut. If Norweather can play on the perimeter like Jacob I’d be shocked & delighted.

The wager was on if Norweather would play the 4, not if he’d play. I’d wager $10 that Norweather won’t play minutes at the 4 unless it’s obvious mop up time with the walk-ons.

Let's just agree to pull for the sooners and I'll pull for Northweather to be able to contribute to that team effort at whatever position and opportunity he gets.

So, your answer to my question was your own opinion, not that of “all OU coaches and the recruiting services.” In other words, you don’t have a clue if Northweather is capable of playing the four next season!

To be honest, neither do I, but I don’t rule it out entirely. He’s obviously a talented young man. We’ll know in a few months if he has progressed far enough to showcase his skills at the D1 level? One thing is certain, if the recruiters and coaches are saying anything about this kid, they must be whispering it in your ear. ;)

So, your answer to my question was your own opinion, not that of “all OU coaches and the recruiting services.” In other words, you don’t have a clue if Northweather is capable of playing the four next season!

To be honest, neither do I, but I don’t rule it out entirely. He’s obviously a talented young man. We’ll know in a few months if he has progressed far enough to showcase his skills at the D1 level? One thing is certain, if the recruiters and coaches are saying anything about this kid, they must be whispering it in your ear. ;)

You've been watching basketball long enough that yes, you should know he isn't going to play the 4.

Why does this board do this every, single, year?

I have a little bit of a clue seeing him move, his high school tape, & the fact that he redshirted on a team that didn’t have good back up front court players. If Norweather, Godwin, or Hughley magically get exponentially better at guarding the perimeter then I guess he could. But the fact that they are going after so many 4s that are capable of starting at the 4 doesn’t bode well for that to happen.

I do hope he can push Godwin for the backup 5 spot.

Last edited:
Thank you Doctor for using full names. I have problems following when posters mix initials, nicknames, first names, don't indicate which player or recruit they are talking about;

"He will be a good backup #4"

They even leave out important information. "He will be a good backup #4" at what university? OU, UNC, UST at SA?

Your extra effort is much appreciated by me, thanks!

You're welcome. It drives me a little crazy too sometimes, especially with so many players coming and going. Hence I try to use the full names.

as of now Oweh is the starting 3 and Soares is the starting 4 .. i expect Soares to also be the 5th guard

Agree on him playing some guard as well. When you spoke with him did you discuss him playing the 4? Will defer to you since you've been in contact. I just thought if he was wanting to get to the league, he wouldn't transfer to place to move down to PF being 6'6" which is why I had him listed starting at the #3.

Back