next years starting line-up

sharp1

Reaction score
I've been following this board and I think the following...If OU features Tiny on the low block the way they did Blake you have to start your best shooter on the strong or ball side and a slasher on the weakside to help spread the floor, So with that being said:

1. TMG
2. WW
3. Tc or Pledger, if Pledger comes in and plays anything close to way he did last summer, Jeff will have to Start three guards...meaning Tc comes off the bench....Tc is 6'6" and pledger is 6'5"...I'm saying if we have Pledger during the tourny we beat the Tarheels because he will not shoot 2 for 19 from 3. If Tc comes in and doesnt show that senior leadership and cant hit consistantly for outside, look for Pledger to Start...and by the way he's already better then Cade & Ray, not a knock on either, but Pledger is a better defender, ball handler, rebounder, passer and shooter.
4. Juan
5. Tiny

Looking for blurb I read by TMG about there visit, I'm paraphrasing:
Pledger is better then I thought, he really surprised me with his ball handling and defending, I knew he could shoot, we played against him

I think this line-up gives us the best chance to win on a consistant basises. Also Tiny and Willie will see more one on one with Pledger in the line-up due to his reputation as a dead eye shooter

Last edited:
If Juan makes a ton of improvement, I agree, but we're going to need a high/low option. Tiny can go high and low, but Juan can really only go low at this point. He needs a jumper and better handles.

I really think the five starters for most of the year are going to be: TMG, WW, Crocker, Tiny, Wright/Allen.

I think we can all agree that WW, Crocker, and Tiny will probably start. I think that TMG is going to be a better option than Willis/Cade/Pledger, but if not, one of them slide in for him. As for the post player alongside Tiny, who knows. IF Juan makes some improvements this summer, he could start. I'm guessing that Capel is going to go defense/rebounding to start the season though, and Wright seems like a good person to take on that role early.

Pledger is better then I thought, he really surprised me with his ball handling and defending, I knew he could shoot, we played against him
I hope TMG is right.
I think this line-up gives us the best chance to win on a consistant basises. Also Tiny and Willie will see more one on one with Pledger in the line-up due to his reputation as a dead eye shooter
If SP can learn to play adequate defense at the D-1 level, he should earn considerable playing time next season. The Sooners desperately need someone that can CONSISTENTLY knock down shots from the outside.

Last edited:
I've been following this board and I think the following...If OU features Tiny on the low block the way they did Blake you have to start your best shooter on the strong or ball side and a slasher on the weakside to help spread the floor, So with that being said:

1. TMG
2. WW
3. Tc or Pledger, if Pledger comes in and plays anything close to way he did last summer, Jeff will have to Start three guards...meaning Tc comes off the bench....Tc is 6'6" and pledger is 6'5"...I'm saying if we have Pledger during the tourny we beat the Tarheels because he will not shoot 2 for 19 from 3. If Tc comes in and doesnt show that senior leadership and cant hit consistantly for outside, look for Pledger to Start...and by the way he's already better then Cade & Ray, not a knock on either, but Pledger is a better defender, ball handler, rebounder, passer and shooter.
4. Juan
5. Tiny

TC will start every game of the season

I get the feeling Orlando is going to start at center.

TC will start every game of the season

Yeah, I have to think this is right. I know people love to wear TC out for the way he shot it this year, but I think he is definitely a positive out on the court whether he is hitting threes or not. Naturally, when he shot it well OU was damn near unbeatable, but he has been an elite-level defender for a couple of years now.

Its hard to imagine that a guy like Tony who is going to be the only guy left from Capel's first recruiting class, a senior who has never given them any trouble off the court and who has always excepted his role on the team, not to mention all the big shots he has made in his career...just hard to see him not being a starter every game.

I get the feeling Orlando is going to start at center.

I see this as a real possibility too, and to me that second frontcourt position is the only real position that seems particularly up for debate. I really think Orlando has a ton of upside and I have a feeling this offseason might be the type of atmosphere that helps him reach it.

I see this as a real possibility too, and to me that second frontcourt position is the only real position that seems particularly up for debate. I really think Orlando has a ton of upside and I have a feeling this offseason might be the type of atmosphere that helps him reach it.

He progressed a lot, and from what I have heard he is going to work harder than anyone this offseason and continue to get his body ready for play. I really just want him to be 6'11'', rebound, block shots, play defense, and get garbage points.

Crocker is the most experienced player on the team. He will start and he will play big minutes.

Willie Warren is the best player on the team and he will also start and play big minutes.

PG: TMG
SG: WW
SF: Crocker
PF: Gallon
C: Orlando

Ray Willis will be the most improved player on next years team. Willis will get solid minutes in every game 20-30 mins a game.

I am not worried about the starting five!

Ray Willis will be the most improved player on next years team. Willis will get solid minutes in every game 20-30 mins a game.

I am not worried about the starting five!

I hope you are correct. I would love to see Willis, Davis and Pledger push each other for the 20-30 minutes of PT left over from WW, TC and TMG.

I think playmaker has it. I think it's pretty simple.

TMG
Warren
Crocker
Patillo
Gallon

At this point I dont see how anybody could think Pledger or Allen could start.

I think playmaker has it. I think it's pretty simple.

TMG
Warren
Crocker
Patillo
Gallon

At this point I dont see how anybody could think Pledger or Allen could start.
I think the reason Allen has a chance to start is because Pattilo is seen as an energy player off the bench at this point in his career. He seems best suited in the reliever role of providing a spark off the bench. If Allen could develop into a guy who can hit the boards, and alter shots down low I could see him having a chance to start.

Back