NIT OU vs Missouri St 6pm CST on ESPN (Tuesday)

Really good since late in the 1st half. This is turning into a blowout.

Johnson should have played more earlier in the year. Even with Harkless.

Marvin Johnson playing more early in the season could have been the difference for us making the NCAA tournament this year. kids gotta keep their heads on straight.

When the NIT bracket came out, I looked up Missouri State and wondered why they were an 8-seed. The main reason is that they didn't play many power 5 nor Quad 1 games...so their NET suffered a bit. But their Kenpom is higher than both KSU and WV. This wasn't going to be an easy game.

I read something today that clarified that they only seed the top four seeds in each bracket and beyond that, they try to schedule teams as close to home as possible. That made sense because like you, I didn’t view them as an 8-seed.

Marvin Johnson playing more early in the season could have been the difference for us making the NCAA tournament this year. kids gotta keep their heads on straight.

He also missed some games with a high ankle sprain.

That was a very nice win. The second half was especially satisfying.

Two more wins and I'll be strolling over to MSG in late March to watch the Sooners play. I just checked the tickets prices and they're surprisingly cheap -- $10 to $25 per night for the lowest (other than floor seats) level.

Yeah he is a huge “what if.” Undoubtably would have been a nice rotation piece and would have been great if he could have taken EJ’s minutes when he was terrible for weeks at a time. I guess it is on Marvin for the first part of the season, and then bad luck with the injury right when he was starting to contribute.

Great performance, Sooners! This team was SNUBBED!

We weren't snubbed. We had at least 7 chances to get a deciding win and ended up losing those games in OT or by 5 or fewer points.

Back