NIT OU vs Missouri St 6pm CST on ESPN (Tuesday)

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1503186679208755206?s=20&t=FZXNWWebF3gLg53MTQ_75w[/TWEET]
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1503179643465220096?s=20&t=FZXNWWebF3gLg53MTQ_75w[/TWEET]

NORMAN – Oklahoma men's basketball was selected as a No. 1 seed in the NIT and host Missouri State (23-10, 13-6 MVC) Tuesday, March 15 at Lloyd Noble Center.

The Sooners (18-11, 7-11 Big 12) battled to the very end against No. 3 seed Texas Tech (25-8, 12-6 Big 12) Friday night in the semifinal round of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship, but fell to the Red Raiders 56-55. The Sooners wer led by Big 12 Championship All-Tournament Team selection Umoja Gibson, who tallied 16 points. Gibson recorded 14 points in the 72-67 quarterfinal victory over Baylor.

The Sooners are making their eighth appearance in the NIT and first since 2004. Oklahoma holds a 10-7 record in the event and have made 35 postseason appearances in the last 40 years.

All NIT game seating will be general admission with the exception of certain locations and all ticket prices are set by the NCAA and NIT. General admission tickets are $12 and fans that are 2-plus years old will need a ticket for entry. Any Oklahoma student with a valid college ID may purchase a $4 ticket at the Lloyd Noble box office prior to entry. Doors will open 60 minutes prior to tip at 5 p.m.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/...-missouri-state-clash-in-nit-first-round.aspx

OU -5.5 O/U 138.5

Last edited:
Eddie cracks me up.

[TWEET]1503178554762272773[/TWEET]

Man, driving from Tulsa, I sure wish it was a 7 PM tip. Probably will miss half the first half by the time I get to LNC.

ESPN has treated the schedule for the basketball program almost as bad as Fox does football.

Man, driving from Tulsa, I sure wish it was a 7 PM tip. Probably will miss half the first half by the time I get to LNC.

ESPN has treated the schedule for the basketball program almost as bad as Fox does football.

Sounds like you need to schedule a *dentist appointment* for 3:30 tomorrow afternoon.

Will there be any opt-outs from the seniors? Or are we going to be at full strength for the NIT games?

Will there be any opt-outs from the seniors? Or are we going to be at full strength for the NIT games?

In football, we had a bunch of guys on draft boards that opted out. No concerns with that here. My guess is they all play.

None of them will be drafted, there is no combine for them to prep for, and while injuries can always happen, they aren't as common as in football. Given that, seems hard to imagine they would turn down a chance to play. The NIT isn't a great tourney, but it's not the CBI or whatever it is called.

None of them will be drafted, there is no combine for them to prep for, and while injuries can always happen, they aren't as common as in football. Given that, seems hard to imagine they would turn down a chance to play. The NIT isn't a great tourney, but it's not the CBI or whatever it is called.

I tend to disagree. The NIT is a great tournament with a lot of very good teams in it. It's not the NCAA tournament, and we would all love to be there, but the NIT is a well-run, fun tournament that ends with teams playing in the most iconic arena in the country. Pretty cool IMO.

I would be stunned if any of our guys “opted out” of the NIT. It would point to them be super unhappy and just wanting the season to be over more so than preserving themselves for something. The three guys that have to leave have zero chance at the NBA and I’d say only a marginal chance to play Internationally anywhere of note. Playing in the NIT could only help/increase odds of someone somewhere taking notice.

I suppose if any guys have 100% decided already to enter portal they could just bail now, but again, there would seem to be little rationale for them to do so unless they are just miserable for whatever reason. I expect the entire squad to participate in the NIT.

After that? Free agency begins so who knows. Certainly get the impression that the Groves’ and Harkless plan to be Sooners next year. No clue on anyone else.

I would be stunned if any of our guys “opted out” of the NIT. It would point to them be super unhappy and just wanting the season to be over more so than preserving themselves for something. The three guys that have to leave have zero chance at the NBA and I’d say only a marginal chance to play Internationally anywhere of note. Playing in the NIT could only help/increase odds of someone somewhere taking notice.

I suppose if any guys have 100% decided already to enter portal they could just bail now, but again, there would seem to be little rationale for them to do so unless they are just miserable for whatever reason. I expect the entire squad to participate in the NIT.

After that? Free agency begins so who knows. Certainly get the impression that the Groves’ and Harkless plan to be Sooners next year. No clue on anyone else.

All our seniors would have to sit out if they transfer because they have already transferred once. At least, I think that’s the current state of the rule.

How old are Tanner Groves and Harkless? Saw that Gibson has been in college for five years already. I know you can use the Covid year, but I would bet some are ready to quit going to classes and at least try playing somewhere for money.

How old are Tanner Groves and Harkless? Saw that Gibson has been in college for five years already. I know you can use the Covid year, but I would bet some are ready to quit going to classes and at least try playing somewhere for money.

Tanner is at least 62. :ez-roll:

Tanner turns 23 in two months, and Harkless just turned 22 last month. Neither has used a redshirt year. Fran has said on multiple occasions that they both plan to come back next season. I don't see either of them making much money playing overseas, and if Harkless's injury prevents him from playing for a few months, that further decreases his chances.

This time last year, I didn't expect many guys to use the extra year, but I was dead wrong. Alondes, Brady, and Kur all did, and all three of them probably would have had more realistic chances of playing for money than Harkless and Groves.

tanner has always planned to be at OU 2 years .... from the day he committed ..

Do we know anything about Missouri State? Looks like they play up-tempo to some degree - scored over 90 five times.

Both teams played Indiana State - OU won 87-63 - MSU lost 76-72 and then won 79-70.

some dude...maybe even at ku has been in college 7...SEVEN years...:woot

Back