Nolan Dennis

Smash Williams

Reaction score
A Baylor fan on the Rivals national board posted that Nolan Dennis is down to four schools: Baylor, OU, A&M, and UConn.

That would be a really nice get this late in the game. Can't find much extensive free video, but here's one dunk of his.........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXzsEfOXFNg[/ame]

do we really have a shot at this kid ? id cry if we signed him up (hopefully its not contingent on willie leaving also).

He's getting squeezed out at UK. They are in better shape for X, and Wall is still out there. He was expecting a UK offer this weekend and it never came. He'd be a good get because he can play both guards with no issues and he can score. That would upgrade our guards to the best they've been since Hollis, white, Ere, and Detrick.

Last edited:
I think these are the dominoes OU is waiting to fall. UK is now rumored to be leading Henry, Stephenson is close to committing to Kansas, and Memphis post recruits are said to be leaning on following Antigua to UK. What has happened is Dennis who decommitted and lobbied for an offer at UK didn't get one. Orton has said that he's down to UK and KU. However if Stephenson signs with KU, they're out of scholarships and I doubt he goes there with their depth. UK has number issues as well as they need to honor Meeks and Patterson's scholarship and continue to recruit Henry, Wall, and other post players. It also seems as if Calipari has elected to keep much of the UK roster. Capel hinted in the paper that he's waiting on these senarios to play out.

http://collegeupdate.blogspot.com/2009/04/xavier-henry-close-to-decision.html

Xavier Henry close to a decision?

Xavier Henry, ESPN's #1 ranked prospect, is getting ever so close to a decision about where he will play his college ball. Right now, it appears to be a two-team race with Kentucky and Kansas, with Memphis a distant third.

CollegeCarousel has been informed that through back channels, Henry favors the Wildcats of Kentucky. Although not 100%, many around the Kentucky basketball office that Xavier will be playing for Kentucky, as will his brother, CJ, who will join the team as a walk-on. Henry plans on visiting Lexington shortly after the Jordan game with his brother, and expects to make a decision after that. Coincidence? Not likely. We believe that the visit is to just ensure everything is well.

Although Kansas is pushing hard, CollegeCarousel feels that Kentucky is the leader for his services.

A lot depends on the status of Daniel Orton, who has yet to decommit from the Wildcats.

UPDATE:
Responding to comments on subject:

I think the Orton/Henry "feud" was blown out of proportion. The Orton comment was made in reference to the last remaining Kansas scholarship and if he would be the choice to take it. I now think it is highly unlikely that Orton becomes a Jayhawk.

Meeks
Harris
Stevenson
Galloway
Patterson
Stewart
Harrellson
Liggins
Miller
Williams
Pilgrim
Cousins
Orton
Hood

I need to see visits scheduled before I get excited about Dennis. With Orton, I think its a game of chicken with Calipari. They are waiting to see if Calipari will stop recruiting post players. UK fans aren't really sold on Orton coming. Their are talks about his body language at the Derby Classic and him brushing off Hoods attempt to give him UK flags and his weird interviews. I think Capel may be communicating with him through legal back channels, but I won't hold my breathe.

How the hell is Baylor in on these kids? He must be cheating.

He's a guy that could play the one. The easiest way to attract a combo guard is tell him he'll get an opportunity at the point. Also Jerome Tang is a great recruiter.

It would be amazing if we landed him this late in the process. Apparently, he is a lights out shooter.

What I love about Dennis is his ability to handle, slash, and shoot the basketball at 6-5. The kid is a scorer. He will need to improve his strength, but he would help us out tremendously. The kid is basically a combo guard that really could give you mismatches at the point. Very smooth player. I'm like you Dirty. If we could get Nolan to visit we might have a very good chance. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

That would mean either Willie is going into the draft or Patillo (based on the rumors) is going to transfer. I'm not sure I like that.

I wouldn't like that either. I would like to add atleast one good guy. I like the fact that Dennis is a four year player. He's a more versatile Terrell Harris. I think Danny Orton would have a bigger effect on overall wins and losses next year. He's a lane stuffer and rebounder on Defense and a catch and dunk guy on offense. I'm more incline to be more optimistic about Dennis right now than Orton. We can offer him back up PG minutes which is something I think he'll be inclined to.

I wouldn't like that either. I would like to add atleast one good guy. I like the fact that Dennis is a four year player. He's a more versatile Terrell Harris. I think Danny Orton would have a bigger effect on overall wins and losses next year. He's a lane stuffer and rebounder on Defense and a catch and dunk guy on offense. I'm more incline to be more optimistic about Dennis right now than Orton. We can offer him back up PG minutes which is something I think he'll be inclined to.

I thought we were done with Orton?

i thought we were also. patterson declared without signing an agent but either way it seems Orton's staying with kentucky.

I would assume we are done with him as well. However if Calipari keeps offering big men, I can see something change. Also someone mentioned of a rift between the Henry and Orton camps. It is said that Henry is close to going to UK. When Henry decides where he's going, it will clear up alot of things in recruiting. UK fans are saying Dennis has an offer, but I don't know about that. The way he has talked about UK, if he had an offer I think he would have committed by now.

Calipari said in a recruiting show that he plans on signing 4 more players. Two of those guys could be those Juco PF and the other two could be Henry, Wall, Dennis. If UK leaves Dennis hanging, UConn will probably take Pickett, which leaves Dennis to OU, BU, and TAMU.

Last edited:
Found this note tonight on Dennis........

http://www.kentucky.com/818/story/761576.html

Nolan Dennis, another player who reneged on a commitment to Memphis after Calipari left, will not make a decision soon, his mother said.

Carol Dennis said her son planned to visit Connecticut, Oklahoma and perhaps as many as three other schools before making a decision.

"We're kind of taking our time this time," she said, "and not rushing."

Dennis committed to Memphis without visiting any other school.

Back