Noland’s dad

Sky, I think that by this logic, it makes a coach virtually bullet proof against any criticism.

Any criticism? I think I've fully established my bona fides as someone who is not a Moser apologist. But I do think fans generally look foolish when they accuse coaches of not knowing which players should be getting minutes (especially when one of the players they're touting is a true freshman).

Fans generally don't have a clue who should be playing because they're not at practices, in the meetings, at workouts or dealing with the players one-on-one.

I don't recall that many posters here calling for Oweh to get more minutes back then (in fact, I don't recall anyone doing so, but perhaps someone did) because Oweh just wasn't showing much at the time. Now that the light is turning on for him, it's very easy in retrospect to insist he should have been playing all along.

This is why I quit coaching Middle School a few years back. It was voluntary (no pay) because I just enjoyed the game and watching kids improve their skills. Even at that low level, there were still a few parents who were flat-out insufferable.....the whole thing wasn't worth the headache.

Usually the lower the kids' age the worse the parents are.

If anyone cares, I survived brain surgery one week ago, and I'm home recovering by the grace of GOD!!:)

I think I will cut his parents a little slack, and here is why. Every parent dreams of their athlete/child playing on the biggest stages. I'm a little older than many of our regulars here, but I remember a time a star player could play at OU for 4-5 years, and we wouldn't know anything about their personal life, family, etc... our access to their background, morals, values, etc was very limited.

With the Internet & social media allowing so much access to their everyday lives, we get to know these athletes so much more intimately. In a perfect world, parents would have great discretion and self-control and avoid making themselves and their kids look like fools, but that's not the reality. At the end of the day, parents who make the mistake of taking to social media to voice their complaints, are just doing what at least 1/2 of our society does on a daily basis.

It's not a new concept, we just get to see it more often, and more up close because of the instant access the Internet provides.

I don't know the Noland Family, so I certainly won't stand in judgment of them. Did his parents err in judgment, they most certainly did, but I also get the emotional reaction. Maybe she thought about it and knew she should delete it because of how it would affect her son.

CJ right now is on a long list of highly rated athletes who haven't or won't ever live up to their expectations. Doesn't mean we should go full throttle on him or his family, because they all just want him to be a star at the school we all love. Just my opinion.

If anyone cares, I survived brain surgery one week ago, and I'm home recovering by the grace of GOD!!:)

I think I will cut his parents a little slack, and here is why. Every parent dreams of their athlete/child playing on the biggest stages. I'm a little older than many of our regulars here, but I remember a time a star player could play at OU for 4-5 years, and we wouldn't know anything about their personal life, family, etc... our access to their background, morals, values, etc was very limited.

With the Internet & social media allowing so much access to their everyday lives, we get to know these athletes so much more intimately. In a perfect world, parents would have great discretion and self-control and avoid making themselves and their kids look like fools, but that's not the reality. At the end of the day, parents who make the mistake of taking to social media to voice their complaints, are just doing what at least 1/2 of our society does on a daily basis.

It's not a new concept, we just get to see it more often, and more up close because of the instant access the Internet provides.

I don't know the Noland Family, so I certainly won't stand in judgment of them. Did his parents err in judgment, they most certainly did, but I also get the emotional reaction. Maybe she thought about it and knew she should delete it because of how it would affect her son.

CJ right now is on a long list of highly rated athletes who haven't or won't ever live up to their expectations. Doesn't mean we should go full throttle on him or his family, because they all just want him to be a star at the school we all love. Just my opinion.

praying for your recovery jmizzy

Did you get to see lebron break the scoring record?

amazing and great news .. God bless you !

prayers that things continue to go well

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear you're home, jmizzy. Here's wishing you a full and speedy recovery!

praying for your recovery jmizzy

Did you get to see lebron break the scoring record?

Thank you!! I appreciate all prayers. I did get to see him break it. It was the night before I went in. I'm happy for him, but I hope he tries to get us in the playoffs, instead of how he's handling things now. If he's hurt, he should sit the all-star weekend, and not regular season games, imo....

I care

You first paragraph is the only thing that really matters. Congrats beast! Are you feeling okay?

We definitely all care and are glad you are on the mend!

Great news that you are back posting here, JMizzy! :woot

And as old as you are, you are still younger than me :).

Thinking of you, JMizz! Let us know if we can help.

This is why I quit coaching Middle School a few years back. It was voluntary (no pay) because I just enjoyed the game and watching kids improve their skills. Even at that low level, there were still a few parents who were flat-out insufferable.....the whole thing wasn't worth the headache.

Coached MS to HS… yup… all levels. Even getting paid it wasn’t enough. 10 yrs was enough. I do miss it and working with the kids and the competition… but man it worked out to about $8 an hour 😆

I would add…

Ya think with his dad being a former D1 player… at ksu no doubt, they’d understand the parent *****ing thing

I would add…

Ya think with his dad being a former D1 player… at ksu no doubt, they’d understand the parent *****ing thing

Almost every single one of them is blind. K-ncaa!

I listened to Billy D speak when he was hired at the thunder.

He won back to back national championships at Florida a few years earlier. He said he had parent meetings after those 2 rings about his coaching!

Back