Noland’s dad

He should have been shut down like a handful of games into the season IMO. Dude clearly doesnt do the work to be a D1 player with that body type. Seems like a good kid tho. Good luck at UTEP or a lower school

Brutal choice by his mom. Either she did it against her son’s wishes, or she was doing it with his blessing. Either way, a terrible decision. Can you imagine him having to face his teammates? I mean, it’s bad enough if you’re a little kid and a parent pulls that, but as a D-1 player? Woof

Yep I believe this seals his fate. He's a Sooner, so I hope he does well when he transfers.

He should have been shut down like a handful of games into the season IMO. Dude clearly doesnt do the work to be a D1 player with that body type. Seems like a good kid tho. Good luck at UTEP or a lower school

That's a huge--and unfair--assumption on your part. There are different body types and sometimes not much be done to change them. Was Barkley unwilling to "do the work"? Do you think if CJ was truly slacking in the way you're accusing him of that he'd have seen the floor as much as he did?

Saying he "seems like a good kid" while you're throwing mud at him doesn't really suffice.

That's a huge--and unfair--assumption on your part. There are different body types and sometimes not much be done to change them. Was Barkley unwilling to "do the work"? Do you think if CJ was truly slacking in the way you're accusing him of that he'd have seen the floor as much as he did?

Saying he "seems like a good kid" while you're throwing mud at him doesn't really suffice.

Was barkley a guard? Ha

Yeah, i do. PM gave minutes to undeserving players all year..

Was barkley a guard? Ha

Jacob Groves being #1. No way he should have been playing as much as he did. He playes zero defense and is a below average shooter.

Was barkley a guard? Ha

There were still people who called him out on his weight.

You have no idea -- zero -- about CJ's work ethic. You wanna say he's not good enough to get minutes, fine, but saying he doesn't put in the work is an unfounded leap and disrespectful.

Complaining about the minutes CJ and JGroves played without offering a solution is easy. Who should have played? Benny? Nope. Bamisile? He had his chances and was generally terrible. He still is, except for the occasional flash. Oweh? Wasn't ready. Uzan wasn't ready early on and has been playing for a while and he's gone through periods of little production. Who should Moser have played 15 games ago instead of his two experienced guards, one of whom was a four-star, top 100 recruit?

And remember, 15 games ago, we still had everything in front of us, so saying Moser should have tossed aside the team's goals in favor of a youth movement is 20/20 hindsight.

What did CJ’s mom’s tweet say tonight? Looks like it’s been deleted.

There were still people who called him out on his weight.

You have no idea -- zero -- about CJ's work ethic. You wanna say he's not good enough to get minutes, fine, but saying he doesn't put in the work is an unfounded leap and disrespectful.

Complaining about the minutes CJ and JGroves played without offering a solution is easy. Who should have played? Benny? Nope. Bamisile? He had his chances and was generally terrible. He still is, except for the occasional flash. Oweh? Wasn't ready. Uzan wasn't ready early on and has been playing for a while and he's gone through periods of little production. Who should Moser have played 15 games ago instead of his two experienced guards, one of whom was a four-star, top 100 recruit?

And remember, 15 games ago, we still had everything in front of us, so saying Moser should have tossed aside the team's goals in favor of a youth movement is 20/20 hindsight.

I think Oweh definitely showed enough in the first few games to merit playing time. At a minimum, his athleticism and defense would have helped us. Maybe he would have struggled offensively, but it’s not like Jacob and CJ were doing much on that end of the court once conference started. It’s easy to say he wasn’t ready, but who’s to say that’s actually true as opposed to Moser just not being willing to loosen the reins and let a talented, young player grow through some mistakes? I’ll never forget how bad Cousins was as a freshman. I cringed every time Lon played him because you just knew he was going to make a couple mistakes every time he got in, but even on a good team that made the tournament, Lon saw the big picture and was willing to live with the growing pains. Moser seems far too reluctant to do that with young or inexperienced guys, while being oddly willing to put up with continued poor play by older guys with very low ceilings, like Jacob. There is no way of knowing whether any of our close losses would have ended differently if Oweh had gotten more minutes in those games, but it would have been nice to find out.

I saw the tweet last night. Who cares if he leaves. I'm pretty sure there are dudes I play Sunday night basketball with who could contribute more than he did. His mom should be counting her lucky stars that he was ever a starter for a Big 12 team.

he was 38% from 3 going into the game last night ..

that is far from "below average"

Down to 36 percent for the season. 12 for 40 in conference for 30 percent, and 7 for 31 since hitting 5 against Texas. So yeah, against the competition that we play most our games against, he is well below average, which is especially problematic since he doesn’t bring anything else to the table.

Can somebody share what she said please? The tweet was deleted.

I don’t have it memorized but she basically complained about him not playing and how she was mentally over OU. Then at the very end of the game, she tried to backtrack by saying how happy she was with the win lol. I can only assume CJ told her to delete the initial tweet as soon as he found out about it.

Down to 36 percent for the season. 12 for 40 in conference for 30 percent, and 7 for 31 since hitting 5 against Texas. So yeah, against the competition that we play most our games against, he is well below average, which is especially problematic since he doesn’t bring anything else to the table.

and with his missing shots his min have steadily decreased ..

Parents are idiots.

They would rather lose and their kid play than win and their kid not play.

AAU/Trainers lying/ it is becoming an epidemic, Open portal HS (soon) and college.

I would really like to see CJ play about 20 pounds lighter. That weight made him unstoppable in High School but it just makes him look slow playing at this level.

There is no way of knowing whether any of our close losses would have ended differently if Oweh had gotten more minutes in those games, but it would have been nice to find out.

In retrospect, sure, but of course that's not how it works. Had Oweh played significant minutes and we still suffered those close losses (or lost by wider margins), fans would have roasted Moser for going with true freshmen over experienced players. What we likely would have found out was that Oweh wasn't ready for significant minutes, which wouldn't have been "nice" at all.

You discount the fact that Moser had seen Oweh every day in practice. He had a much better idea of how ready Oweh was for more minutes than any of us fans.

Last edited:
In retrospect, sure, but of course that's not how it works. Had Oweh played significant minutes and we still suffered those close losses (or lost by wider margins), fans would have roasted Moser for going with true freshmen over experienced players. What we likely would have found out was that Oweh wasn't ready for significant minutes, which wouldn't have been "nice" at all.

You discount the fact that Moser had seen Oweh every day in practice. He had a much better idea of how ready Oweh was for more minutes than any of us fans.

I'm not sure I trust the judgment of a guy who has started Jacob Groves most of the year.

Parents are idiots.

They would rather lose and their kid play than win and their kid not play.

AAU/Trainers lying/ it is becoming an epidemic, Open portal HS (soon) and college.

This is why I quit coaching Middle School a few years back. It was voluntary (no pay) because I just enjoyed the game and watching kids improve their skills. Even at that low level, there were still a few parents who were flat-out insufferable.....the whole thing wasn't worth the headache.

Sky, I think that by this logic, it makes a coach virtually bullet proof against any criticism. Sure he sees his players more than we do. That doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes. With Oweh in particular, defense and athletic ability are two things that should show up from day one. He didn't suddenly become a good athlete in the past month. Unless he was so lost defensively that he had no clue what he was supposed to do, I think he would have helped us on that end. And I'd argue that from the second week of league play, it was abundantly clear that Jacob wasn't going to help us win Big 12 games. If choosing between the two, give me the one with far more upside and the potential to be a core part of the team moving forward, rather than the guy with a low ceiling and almost no room for improvement.

Back