Noland’s dad

Parental blindness! We have all seen it before. Most parents recognize the symptoms before they embarrass themselves and their sons on social media.

If Moser is to blame for Noland’s failures, it’s that he exposed him to the real world of PF college basketball before he was ready.

I agree with WaymanFan! He had his chances.

He’s just as good as, if not better than, Jacob Groves who’s been starting all year until very recently

Hahaha! You nailed me! <eyeroll>

There's a time for passion and there's a time to sit down and stop acting like an idiot. Down 25 in the last 45 seconds, sit down and shut up.

or yelling at your TV lol

In truth, I really don't care. If we were having a better season people would love it. I want a coach to coach the same no matter the score(as far as demeanor goes)

This seems like an extremely silly thing to even be discussing

Last edited:
By the way, for someone who posted an entire thread about how you were quitting this message board you sure seem to post a lot.

irony is sweet!

Sorry, I had to respond when I see such an idiotic take. Imagine ridiculing a coach whose job is on the line as being too passionate while admitting you yelled at your TV because of it

or yelling at your TV lol

In truth, I really don't care. If we were having a better season people would love it. I want a coach to coach the same no matter the score(as far as demeanor goes)

This seems like an extremely silly thing to even be discussing

Yet here you are replying.

Sorry, I had to respond when I see such an idiotic take. Imagine ridiculing a coach whose job is on the line as being too passionate while admitting you yelled at your TV because of it

That’s not passion, that’s idiocy. You can go back into message board retirement now. Be sure to start a thread about it

I think most of us agree that Noland doesn't deserve more PT, and we also agree that his parents should show more restraint. But, to me, it is equally obvious that they wouldn't be posting if CJ told them not to. The fact that this has become public is another bad sign for the program. Frankly, if our program got more media coverage, it would be a bigger story.

The kid can tell them to take it down, but usually parents don't ask their kids permission to post something off an emotional reaction.

That’s not passion, that’s idiocy. You can go back into message board retirement now. Be sure to start a thread about it

Bingo. I don't remember him getting overly passionate every time someone brought up the ball and no pressure being applied. It was a knee jerk reaction after getting pounded again, which doesn't bother me, but I can definitely see how it would get an eyeroll from the players.

Yeah, that is definitely not passion. Just because someone is demonstrative doesn't mean he is any more or less competitive or passionate than someone who is more restrained. I would rather his "passion" come through by actually finding a solution for the crappy product he is putting on the floor. People used to make fun of Lon for not being more outwardly emotional, but that man was every bit the competitor Moser is. He just didn't see the need to draw attention to it by prancing around the sideline and building culture walls.

Dude i bet the majority of the board is against your take here. Passionate down 20 is pretty silly

Yeah, that is definitely not passion. Just because someone is demonstrative doesn't mean he is any more or less competitive or passionate than someone who is more restrained. I would rather his "passion" come through by actually finding a solution for the crappy product he is putting on the floor. People used to make fun of Lon for not being more outwardly emotional, but that man was every bit the competitor Moser is. He just didn't see the need to draw attention to it by prancing around the sideline and building culture walls.

And when Lon *did* get demonstrative people took notice. It feels like the players are just ignoring Moser’s antics at this point.

I hope PM is as passionate about locking up the ND job!

Dude i bet the majority of the board is against your take here. Passionate down 20 is pretty silly

It would be like aggressively rushing the QB as the offense takes a knee up by multiple scores in the last minute of a game and the defense out of timeouts. Just show some dignity and go shake hands with the team that just shipped your butt.

I really don't care lol

I'm pretty sure the great coaches of college basketball would blow a gasket if something wasn't done right...whether they were losing by 20 or winning by 20. Coaching is coaching and you teach kids to do things the right way regardless of the score

It would be like aggressively rushing the QB as the offense takes a knee up by multiple scores in the last minute of a game and the defense out of timeouts. Just show some dignity and go shake hands with the team that just shipped your butt.

not at all.

You are getting blown out and you have your reserves in. This is their chance to game experience. If PM philosophy (how effective it is is irrelevant) is you play one way the whole game regardless of circumstance, then that is what you do as a player.

I really don't care lol

I'm pretty sure the great coaches of college basketball would blow a gasket if something wasn't done right...whether they were losing by 20 or winning by 20. Coaching is coaching and you teach kids to do things the right way regardless of the score

Lol this reminds me of something I heard a delusional WSU fan say one time. He was talking about why Gregg Marshall is a better coach than Bill Self and he said his opinion was partly based on seeing Self sitting quietly on the bench in the last minute of a game where KU was getting blown out, whereas Marshall would never “give up.” The argument sounded as ridiculous then as it does now.

Every single player on the team sans Cortes has regressed. When that happens then you have a disaster. It is funny because somehow they showed their talent against Bama. How did Bamisile average 16 a game at George Mason and can't play a lick at OU? . The one thing about Lon Kruger is that he leaned on his assistant coaches a lot, they were involved. With Poser, it is just Poser. I think they all transfer if Poser returns. This may be the worst hire ever by Joe C.

This is BS = "Every single player on the team sans Cortes has regressed". Hill definitely has not. Also Tanner has not regressed except for his 3 point shooting. Jacob Groves defense has gotten better but still leaves a lot to be desired.

"How did Sheffield regress from Nevada?" Grant Sherfield hasn't regressed. He is just facing much stiffer defenses these days and he has to play more defense himself these days because he is playing against much better offenses than his teams in the past played against

Lol this reminds me of something I heard a delusional WSU fan say one time. He was talking about why Gregg Marshall is a better coach than Bill Self and he said his opinion was partly based on seeing Self sitting quietly on the bench in the last minute of a game where KU was getting blown out, whereas Marshall would never “give up.” The argument sounded as ridiculous then as it does now.

yeah...that is the exact point I'm making lol :ez-laugh:

This is BS = "Every single player on the team sans Cortes has regressed". Hill definitely has not. Also Tanner has not regressed except for his 3 point shooting. Jacob Groves defense has gotten better but still leaves a lot to be desired.

"How did Sheffield regress from Nevada?" Grant Sherfield hasn't regressed. He is just facing much stiffer defenses these days and he has to play more defense himself these days because he is playing against much better offenses than his teams in the past played against

Agreed. I don't think the players have regressed. you could argue they haven't progressed but thats a different argument. Have they not progressed due to coaching? Maybe. Of maybe they are what they are at this point.

I really don't care lol

I'm with you, coach to the end

Back