Noland’s dad

Agree with most…
The kid hasn’t proved himself during the first half of the season when he played more…no?

Parents *****ing is bs…. My kid played juco d1 baseball (pitcher) and the coach rode his players for 10-15 game losing streaks even though he had 10 other pitchers on roster… it is what it is.

Moser’s sideline antics yesterday seem definitely herky jerky and like he’s lost the team…

The one thing, small, but at the end of the game, shot clock off, ku up by 26? He was telling one of our guys to get on the ku guy bringing the ball up…. Really? Lol.

I get playing hard to the end but that was funny… the player just looked at him

Lol wow.. ace coaching there PM.. did the player do what he said??

Everyone wants to take the easy shot at Noland and His dad. The underlying issues is Moser can’t develop players. Noland, Bijan, Oweh are examples. Though Uzan is hitting a freshman slump, he’s regressing as well.

You guys are correct, it's a bad look for him to be spouting off on social media.

That being said:

1. He's not wrong.
2. He's not complaining about his kid's playing time.
3. If he's saying this in public, you can only imagine what is being said behind the scenes.

this is spot on. Noland's dad wasn't complaining about CJ's playing time and I think he makes a good point.

That said, Noland isn't Big 12 material...or SEC, IMO.

this is spot on. Noland's dad wasn't complaining about CJ's playing time and I think he makes a good point.

That said, Noland isn't Big 12 material...or SEC, IMO.

I agree, but some will probably argue Noland would be a conference POY contender in the SEC, much like they say we are going to be gang busters once we get in that league. :)

They're definitely complaining about PT. The original tweet could be interpreted differently, sure, but they aren't happy with CJ's decreased PT. He played 5 minutes vs KU & 6 minutes vs Baylor. That's after averaging around 20 minutes in the month of January.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/justnikkinoland/status/1624498834876375042?s=20&t=bHpoDX-eVbjp5r3Nuut-XA[/TWEET]

They think their son is a star. Normal parental stuff. It is what it is.

I agree, but some will probably argue Noland would be a conference POY contender in the SEC, much like they say we are going to be gang busters once we get in that league. :)

I can't entirely discount that we wouldn't immediately be a 19 win team in the sec tho.. it could be true

I think it’s safe to say that we can count on his scholarship being available, which means another opportunity to update the talent if we can take advantage.

Typical whining dad when his son isn't playing well. Noland has had plenty of chances...gotta make shots when you are in the game. Assuming ND isn't dumb enough to pony up $9 million, Moser better bring in guys who can shoot once guys like Noland hit the portal.

Typical whining dad when his son isn't playing well. Noland has had plenty of chances...gotta make shots when you are in the game. Assuming ND isn't dumb enough to pony up $9 million, Moser better bring in guys who can shoot once guys like Noland hit the portal.

We’ve all been there. Most of us were there when our kid was 12 years old though. It doesn’t get any easier the older they get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If he leaves, I’m confident moser will replace him with someone from a lower G5 team. Moser loves G5 players even tho we play in the Big12.

I was going to mention this. There was less than a minute to go and he was over there stomping his feet and jumping around. I yelled at the TV, "Go sit down!"

So you responded to a passionate coach over reacting by....yelling at your TV lol

irony is sweet

So you responded to a passionate coach over reacting by....yelling at your TV lol

irony is sweet

Hahaha! You nailed me! <eyeroll>

There's a time for passion and there's a time to sit down and stop acting like an idiot. Down 25 in the last 45 seconds, sit down and shut up.

irony is sweet

By the way, for someone who posted an entire thread about how you were quitting this message board you sure seem to post a lot.

irony is sweet!

Parental blindness! We have all seen it before. Most parents recognize the symptoms before they embarrass themselves and their sons on social media.

If Moser is to blame for Noland’s failures, it’s that he exposed him to the real world of PF college basketball before he was ready.

I agree with WaymanFan! He had his chances.

Parental blindness! We have all seen it before. Most parents recognize the symptoms before they embarrass themselves and their sons on social media.

If Moser is to blame for Noland’s failures, it’s that he exposed him to the real world of PF college basketball before he was ready.

I agree with WaymanFan! He had his chances.

I think most of us agree that Noland doesn't deserve more PT, and we also agree that his parents should show more restraint. But, to me, it is equally obvious that they wouldn't be posting if CJ told them not to. The fact that this has become public is another bad sign for the program. Frankly, if our program got more media coverage, it would be a bigger story.

One of the most embarrassing things that ever happened to me was in High School. I lost my starting job to a new kid that moved in. Of course I complained at home but I never expected my mom to call the coach. I ask her if she had even been paying attention. The kid was head and shoulder better than me. I learned my lesson about complaining to my over protective mom. We met with the coach and told him we were completely in the wrong and things were fine from there but I sure learned a lesson on that one.

Back