Oklahoma 6A High School Basketball

Sooner23

Reaction score
Just saw that Edmond Sante Fe was ranked #1 in the state. Do they have any up and coming D1 prospects? I might have to go check them out.

Josh Richardson, I think, is a 2011 recruit. Not sure what kind of schools are looking at him. I keep meaning to get over there and watch him play but keep forgetting. Also the girls have Courtney Walker, who is an OU commitment in the, I believe, 2012 class. I have heard a lot of people raving about her.

Just saw that Edmond Sante Fe was ranked #1 in the state. Do they have any up and coming D1 prospects? I might have to go check them out.

Yeah, I heard Richardson is really good.

Here's a list of probably D-1 players in OKC Metro (people feel free to add where I missed):

PC West: Amric Fields & Tyler Neal (Neal reminds me a lot of Taylor Griffin)

PCO: Dominique Raney

Douglass: Dorrian Williams, Marquise Buxton-Hill, Romond Jenkins, Stephen Clark (freshman leading them in scoring), Dominique Manual

MWC: Xavier McLish

Southmoore: Kendall Thompson, Austin Haywood, Brandon Lucas

Sweet. I actually decided to go check Sante Fe out tonight since they're playing here in Edmond.

Douglass has five possible D-1 players on it's roster? Wow. Are they unbeatable?

I see Santa Fe is playing North tonight. I might have to go check that out as well. Nothing like going to a high school athletic event to make you feel really old.

Douglass has five possible D-1 players on it's roster? Wow. Are they unbeatable?

I see Santa Fe is playing North tonight. I might have to go check that out as well. Nothing like going to a high school athletic event to make you feel really old.

The Douglass kids aren't all sure fire D-1 players but they are close to it. They don't have a single senior on their roster and they are all run/jump athletes. I didn't even mention the other twin Ramond Jenkins or Devonta Smith who are both easily SAC level players.

They are the most talented team in the state, imo, but are also the most undisciplined team. They just play crazy pressure defense and run no semblance of an offense. They are just so athletic, long, and quick/fast that they wear people down. Their little freshman Clark can really shoot the ball, he had 23 against Millwood the other night.

Michael Onuahu is a D-1 prospect for Santa Fe. Sophomore about 6'7". I think he is battling back from an injury right now.

Santa Fe's sophomore class is loaded and Richardson is a young junior who is really talented.

I watch SF tonight....Saw Josh.....reminds me of Crocker but with better ball skills.

I was able to break away and check out Richardson tonight.

I'm not professional college scout and I'm probably reaching here, but he projects as a Josh Howard type player too me. He's about 6-5, very long, tremendous run and jump athlete. And as MisterF said great passing and ball skills. Jump shot looked fairly fluid. Hit one three that I saw. Very active and slashy in the lane, good at flying in for putbacks.

But what really impressed me was his defense. Sante Fe runs what looks like a 2-1-2 3/4 press and he was the one in the middle and was all over the court coming up with steals sideline to sideline. In one-on-one, he was worked very hard to move his feet and his length also really makes him that much of a tougher defender.

Competition level wasn't the greatest tonight, but he's a guy we should definitely follow hard in AAU ball this summer. Not a McDonald's All-American, but looks like a top 100 kid to me though.

Also found an update on him from Rivals....

Joshua Richardson-(Edmonds Santa Fe H.S.- Santa Fe, OK) the 6-foot-5 inch 180 pound small forward is a tremendous athlete with quick feet. His ability to make shots from all 3 levels on the floor makes him a defensive nightmare. For a player his size, he has the talent to block shots in transition as well on the perimeter. Overall, he was one of the top players at the camp and is a high major prospect. Richardson is receiving interest from Baylor and Witchta St.

And here's a picture. He's got a condensed version of the old school kid n' play flat top look going for him....

josh%20richardson.bmp

Last edited:
BTW, Sante Fe plays Putnam City Tuesday in Edmond. Great matchup between two of the state's top juniors -- Rainey and Richardson.

Good stuff, 23! You, too, Grace. Richardson appears to be an up-and-comer and a kid OU should keep an eye on. Sure liked what you said about his defense.

Does anyone know if the Sooners have shown an interest in him?

Back