*****Oklahoma-Houston Game Thread*****

A little late i would say.

They've scored five straight trips against the man defense. It's obvious Capel doesn't think we can guard them and he is right. They might miss threes, but they will not miss lay-ups

I'm going to dred this season. We'll be lucky to make the NIT unless we get lucky.

They've scored five straight trips against the man defense. It's obvious Capel doesn't think we can guard them and he is right. They might miss threes, but they will not miss lay-ups

i was just going to say, as soon as we switched to it they were getting to the rim at will

Houston really has no inside game to speak of so why not extend the defense outward to prevent the threes. That is gaul.

Being young is one thing but I think they have a lot more problems than just being young.

I expected so much more from this talent. Very poor ball handling, half the possessions look like they aren't even running an offense, it's just hey see what happens. I know this is very poorly officiated, but this team doesn't seem to have any heart. My heart can't take it so I'm going to bed.
:mad:

Every time they get fouled, the ball finds a way to go in... Every time they shoot a three... it finds a way to go in. But worst of all... Every time they get the ball, we go to sleep, disappear, and/or trip over ourselves.

Wow! I don't know what else to say. When was the last time OU had a team that didn't have a clue about how to play a zone or man to man defense? Ninety one freaking points and the game isn't over yet!!!

what was that on that guy's neck? did you guys see that?

This just in: Houston player guarded closely and shoots an air ball.

Even though this is a young team, there are also 3 McDonald's All-Americans on it. Defense should be the #1 priority for every team and these guys can't defend anybody. Capel deserves a lot of criticism for not having these guys prepared to play so far this year. If they don't learn to defend somebody soon, this will be a loooong year.

This is easily the worst defensive team at OU since the Tubbs era. Pitiful.

Wow! I don't know what else to say. When was the last time OU had a team that didn't have a clue about how to play a zone or man to man defense? Ninety one freaking points and the game isn't over yet!!!

This is the amazing thing. It's clear to me that these guys have no idea how to play team defense, whatever they are running.

Can Venebles coach basketball?

Back