**********Oklahoma-San Diego State Game Thread**********

LOL....the Capel/Kruger posts need to stop by both sides. Please shut up

Against better judgment, I gotta ask: Booger/bgrch1350

What good is this continued my coach is better than your coach gonna do for us as SOONER fans??? Isn't that what we are??? Isn't that why we are here??

What good is going to come from bashing Capel/defending Capel in every thread??? He's not coming back, and he sin't hurting the program right now.

I mean seriously, I believe you both to be good hoops followers, and Sooner fans. Have you not realized how your personal back and forth has become just a juvenile ticky tack feud????

It's over..... We are back in the Dance, and LK is firmly OUr coach. Let's stop it please!!!! Let this guy carve out his niche, without every move starting a Capel fight.

I love this board, and I still believe it has the best discussion, some of the most knowledgeable posters, and great mods. It just gets so old when 3 to 5 guys take every thread, and turn it into a coach fight, all to further personal agendas that don't matter anymore......

I'm happy the players made it to the dance. For their sake, I was hoping they could win one or two. I thought they all played hard, but made too many mistakes and failed to knock down open looks, except for Osby. Best wishes to our seniors going forward. This experience should only help our returning players. You have to learn to walk before you can run. I look forward to next year and what the new guys will bring to the team. I thought the program took a huge step forward this year and hopefully we can continue to build from here.

Good season. Disappointing end cuz I thought we could take SDSU but I didn't think we'd make the tourney at the beginning of the season. Kruger has us headed in the right direction. He's a good coach and a great leader. I'm excited about the future of OU basketball again.

Against better judgment, I gotta ask: Booger/bgrch1350

What good is this continued my coach is better than your coach gonna do for us as SOONER fans??? Isn't that what we are??? Isn't that why we are here??

What good is going to come from bashing Capel/defending Capel in every thread??? He's not coming back, and he sin't hurting the program right now.

I mean seriously, I believe you both to be good hoops followers, and Sooner fans. Have you not realized how your personal back and forth has become just a juvenile ticky tack feud????

It's over..... We are back in the Dance, and LK is firmly OUr coach. Let's stop it please!!!! Let this guy carve out his niche, without every move starting a Capel fight.

I love this board, and I still believe it has the best discussion, some of the most knowledgeable posters, and great mods. It just gets so old when 3 to 5 guys take every thread, and turn it into a coach fight, all to further personal agendas that don't matter anymore......

:clap:clap:clap

Did you watch this game...unless Osby gets another year...not much to be excited for.

Osby improved leaps and bounds from last year. I expect improvement from all the returning players and good play from the newcomers next year. We had a 20-12 record which is winning, something we haven't had in 4 years.

Did you watch this game...unless Osby gets another year...not much to be excited for.

bgrch1350, I was just as big a Capel supporter as you were, but man, it's time to let it go!!!!! With statements like this, really I want to know, WHY STICK AROUND???

I mean if you see NOTHING to be excited about going forward, then why stay here???

We had 3 frosh guards who played very good at times, and not so great at others. We have new blood coming in, who none of us know how good/great they will be.

I mean, I just don't get your attitude. I'm not bashing you brother, but come on...... you act like we have UCO talent and a coach who can't tie his own shoes. Are you that angry about JC leaving????

I love having you here, but I just don't get this recent posting style. I know JC had family on the board while he was here. Are you one of them????

We need this years freshmen to get better and I expect that they will. M'Baye was frustrating at times to watch. The guy we probably need to really step up a lot next year is Cam Clark. He can take that 3/4 role Osby played at times and be a tough matchup next year. Not saying he'll be as good as Ro but he can really be a big scorer for us if he can be consistent.

bgrch1350, I was just as big a Capel supporter as you were, but man, it's time to let it go!!!!! With statements like this, really I want to know, WHY STICK AROUND???

I mean if you see NOTHING to be excited about going forward, then why stay here???

We had 3 frosh guards who played very good at times, and not so great at others. We have new blood coming in, who none of us know how good/great they will be.

I mean, I just don't get your attitude. I'm not bashing you brother, but come on...... you act like we have UCO talent and a coach who can't tie his own shoes. Are you that angry about JC leaving????

I love having you here, but I just don't get this recent posting style. I know JC had family on the board while he was here. Are you one of them????

I want to be excited...but I can't make myself excited about the recruits we have coming in. Osby is going to be greatly missed next season. None of these juco players excite me. Spangler isn't going to come in and be some great player next season. We have no good point guard for next season. It's not about Capel...its about Kruger bringing in guys who need a couple of years to develop. Hield and Hornbeak were decent players for us but they both played 25 mins yesterday and they combined for 9 pts. Now these are the boys we are going to have to rely on to win next season. I'm sorry if I just don't believe next season will the that great.

I want to be excited...but I can't make myself excited about the recruits we have coming in. Osby is going to be greatly missed next season. None of these juco players excite me. Spangler isn't going to come in and be some great player next season. We have no good point guard for next season. It's not about Capel...its about Kruger bringing in guys who need a couple of years to develop. Hield and Hornbeak were decent players for us but they both played 25 mins yesterday and they combined for 9 pts. Now these are the boys we are going to have to rely on to win next season. I'm sorry if I just don't believe next season will the that great.

No one is asking you to be excited, bgrch. What jmizzy is asking you to do is to quit trying to spread doom and gloom on every thread because you're still upset that Capel got fired. You even made a negative post on CoachTalk's thread that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. It's just your way of letting everyone know things could be better.

Heck, man, even I agree with that. But as jmizzy said, it's time to let go and move on. If you'll take a long, hard look at our season this year, there is no way you can't find something good to say.

I don't post much but we are heading in the right direction. This year we are limited inside and inexperience guard play. OSBY wasn't great the beginning of the year. We were worry about our inside play especially rebounding. Osby developed and became great during the season. We were not great at rebounding. Next year we have D.J Bennett, Ryan Spangler, Amath, Keshaun, and Dominique. We will be better at rebounding. One of them will become a stud inside. For the guard, we have Jordan Woodward, Booker, Hornsbreak, Buddy Hield. I don't expect much of Cousin. He looked lost most of the time and a liability on the offensive end. In the beginning we will struggle, but by year end I think we will be lot better than this year team. The last few years we were pretty small inside and not a good rebounding team, but the tide has turned with Kruger recruiting. It is just how fast Kruger can develop the players, but with the big that we have we will be able to compete with Kansas, Kansas state and any other team in the Big 12.

No one is asking you to be excited, bgrch. What jmizzy is asking you to do is to quit trying to spread doom and gloom on every thread because you're still upset that Capel got fired. You even made a negative post on CoachTalk's thread that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. It's just your way of letting everyone know things could be better.

Heck, man, even I agree with that. But as jmizzy said, it's time to let go and move on. If you'll take a long, hard look at our season this year, there is no way you can't find something good to say.

EXACTLY............. I really like bgrch, but I just can't remember one positive thing posted by him this yr, and that is sad to me........

Getting back to the tourney is enough to have a little joy, at least I would think.

I don't post much but we are heading in the right direction. This year we are limited inside and inexperience guard play. OSBY wasn't great the beginning of the year. We were worry about our inside play especially rebounding. Osby developed and became great during the season. We were not great at rebounding. Next year we have D.J Bennett, Ryan Spangler, Amath, Keshaun, and Dominique. We will be better at rebounding. One of them will become a stud inside. For the guard, we have Jordan Woodward, Booker, Hornsbreak, Buddy Hield. I don't expect much of Cousin. He looked lost most of the time and a liability on the offensive end. In the beginning we will struggle, but by year end I think we will be lot better than this year team. The last few years we were pretty small inside and not a good rebounding team, but the tide has turned with Kruger recruiting. It is just how fast Kruger can develop the players, but with the big that we have we will be able to compete with Kansas, Kansas state and any other team in the Big 12.

Well said. In fact we competed with them this year!!!! I'm not ready to write Cousins off just yet. Most players improve the most from their Frosh yr to their soph yr. Many wanted to write Cam off after last yr, and he became a productive bench player/role player, who should contribute even more next yr.

Cousins shows some good things, and hopefully he will keep improving.

Well we run the figure out nice, lol. Yes made to the ncaa, wow, lost to San Diego st. It won't get any better so get used to it

Back