******OKLAHOMA vs. UTEP GAME THREAD*****

I think the problem is coaching. That's Capel's weak link. If you look at the talent we should be undefeated right now even with this tough schedule.

We don't have enough depth and desperately need another post player. That is not Capel's fault.

does this team even care

Willie Warren is playing hard and playing his heart out. People can talk about his game, he'll be the best pro OU's had in a long time. This team has some talent, but they are really poorly used.

It wouldn't be a game thread without Sooners78 ****ting all over everything

What bothers me about Capel right now is his coaching style from the bench. When is he going to rip into some of these players? Chew some A--es out?

We don't have enough depth and desperately need another post player. That is not Capel's fault.

Blake's first year he couldn't post up but we didn't have guys just jacking up shots for no reason all the time.

Thanks for all your updates OUHOOPS!! Please keep it up in the second half

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

And if we don't have the players that is on Capel he's the on recruting, obviously if we don't have the players he's not recruiting well.

Who do we have for depth ? I am not trying to argue with anybody but this team needs another good post player to be competitive.

Looks like OU has too many me guys that are trying to figure out how to play team basketball and have no idea what their role is on offense or defense.

mr negative here, but our talent is much better than we're playing, dont know if its coaching or players dont give a crap

I don't know that I agree with that. I'll admit that it is better, and I'll admit that physically, it's much better, but we just don't have very good basketball players. Guys that do the little things, and know how to win. Guys that can deal with adversity, and still pull out a victory. And as much as I like our guards (most of the time), just look at how slow they are compared to UTEP. That is why I laugh when people talk about how athletic guys like Cade and Crocker are. Because really, in the confines of college hoops, they aren't all that athletic.

Glad WW is playing better, but I've said it all season. This team, this roster, has too many holes to be a very good team. We have enough talent that when things are going well (ie, multiple guys shooting well, other team is cold) we'll win our fair share, but we aren't going to win many games against legit top 25 talent.

Back