******OKLAHOMA vs. UTEP GAME THREAD*****

capel does a good job of recruiting, but his team's or this team is so fundamentally BAD on defense.

I think those 2 statements are oxymoronic. You can't recruit good and have bad players. Fact is that Capel hasn't evalutated his players well because all he has is athletes that can't really play.

Tiny would be fine if he wasn't suppose to be our 2nd best player this year. He really needs another post or two to take some of the pressure off of him. But instead of surrounding him with a good JUCO post, or even a guy like Jabahri Brown or Renzi Stone, we have Wright and Allen. Those guys should be playing the role of 4th big man that only plays after massive foul trouble, or in a blow out. Yet, one started early this year, and now he's the first big off the bench, and playing major minutes b/c Tiny is young and in foul trouble.

So basically he needs to recruit basketball players like Kelvin instead of athletes.

Here's my Captain Obvious statement of the year: We just plain are not a very good team this year. We all need to adjust our expectations and hope these young guys learn to play defense and improve as a cohesive unit. A 6-10 campaign is looking like a realistic possibility in the Big XII.

At this point, I would almost take 6-10.

Cade Davis benched to start the second half in favor of Plegder. Interesting.

47-32.

If we go 6-10 with this talent Capel should probably be canned.

I think those 2 statements are oxymoronic. You can't recruit good and have bad players. Fact is that Capel hasn't evalutated his players well because all he has is athletes that can't really play.

really nickie, do you follow high school basketball as far as recruiting?

Whatever dude, I am down on the team but thats ridiculous. Can a coach that just went to the Elite 8, Glad you are not the AD.

back to the ignore list for you .... and just when you were almost starting to sound sane >50% of the time.

Back