>>>>>Oklahoma vs. West Virginia Gameday Thread<<<<<

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma vs. West Virginia Gameday Thread<<<<<

I think we've got to give Strong-Moore's minutes to Jordan Shepherd. There's no way he could do worse, and that way he gets some experience.

Great win, but seeing our team play its best basketball makes you ask yourself a lot of painful questions. What if Jordan's Woodard had been healthy for that crucial non-conference stretch? What if we could get Christian James to play better? What if we weren't so turnover prone?

I like Doolittle's play tonight. We needed it. He grabbed some tough boards and played well overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great win, but seeing our team play its best basketball makes you ask yourself a lot of painful questions. What if Jordan's Woodard had been healthy for that crucial non-conference stretch? What if we could get Christian James to play better? What if we weren't so turnover prone?

For all we know, Jordan being out caused McGusty and Odomes to develop a little faster. Christian didn't have a lot of points tonight but his one basket came during that run we made in the 4th quarter. The pressure is off of Christian James somewhat. I think he'll come along.

Schadenfreude

From the WVU 247Sports board ...

OU calls timeout with 7.8 seconds left. Fans are inching closer to the door hoping for a conclusion to the game--preferably in their favor

THERE YOU GO. WVU IS 3-8 FROM THE LINE IN OVERTIME. THIS TEAM IS A FREAKING TRAIN WRECK.

We lost. This team is a f*****g joke. Team is done. No big 12 title this year.

Well there goes the Big 12 title boys. Lost another one we should of. Team sucks

My god this is embarrassing, I live in Carolina and have to deal with UNC and Duke asswipes every day...

I like Doolittle's play tonight. We needed it. He grabbed some tough boards and played well overall.

He led the team with 7 boards. I don't understand why he's not starting over Buford?

I get a sense that by the end of the year, this team COULD get hot in KC for the tournament. Stranger things have happened

I get a sense that by the end of the year, this team COULD get hot in KC for the tournament. Stranger things have happened

Agreed. If this team continues to improve, they could be a tough out by tournament time.

So very proud of the guys tonight....Kept fighting and was under control.....I think our guys shocked the big 12 tonight.....Congrats on a GREAT win !!!!!

Agreed. If this team continues to improve, they could be a tough out by tournament time.

Not getting my hopes up, but you can't deny the talent for a majority of this team. Once young guys figure it out and turn the corner, its a completely different team with a ton of confidence. They'll still struggle this year but what this win does is it shows them that they can go into any building and beat any team when they play to their capabilities and play like veterans (Except the Phog its 8 on 5 :facepalm).

I was on a date tonight, but fortunately, we found a restaurant bar that had a TV. I missed everything until the last 10 minutes....but what a 10 minutes and OT it was!

I'm so damn proud of these young men for the fight they showed. No matter what happens this season, that was an awesome highlight.

Did anyone else want to reach through the TV and smack the people sitting near the broadcasters? I heard way more of their commentary than I wanted to hear.

Did anyone else want to reach through the TV and smack the people sitting near the broadcasters? I heard way more of their commentary than I wanted to hear.

I commented on how rude and terrible the wvu fans were when they played Baylor.
My hey are terrible fans for this league

Mcneace played amazingly. 6-6 for 14 pts and 5 boards. Still laughing at capel'smustache and Coachtalk for saying it was face palm worthy for me to say that mcneace was going to pass lattin this year

He led the team with 7 boards. I don't understand why he's not starting over Buford?

For whatever reason, LK feels he needs to buy 5 min from Buford to start each half.

Could be that he can't have Buford(or Freeman) and McNease on the floor at the same time. ???

Mcneace played amazingly. 6-6 for 14 pts and 5 boards. Still laughing at capel'smustache and Coachtalk for saying it was face palm worthy for me to say that mcneace was going to pass lattin this year

Still constantly gets lost on defense but his offensive game has really grown.

Maybe lon knows that if Mcneese and lattin are both in the game to start a half, the opponent is going to attack attack attack the paint and get us in early foul trouble.

Yeah, and what's with the WV fans' reaction every time Woodard had the basketball? It began very early in the game and it sounded like the entire gym was booing him. I can see why they would boo Jordan for what he did to their team late in the game and in overtime, but I didn't get why they were picking on him from the start.

Can someone explain?

Maybe lon knows that if Mcneese and lattin are both in the game to start a half, the opponent is going to attack attack attack the paint and get us in early foul trouble.

I would assume Doolittle and Lattin, to start.

No one is sttacking you. You're embarrassing yourself. Quit while you're ahead!

Ada, you are one goofy person lol. I am NOT one bit embarrassed and shouldn't be. Let's see, I pointed out that Jordan choked- he did FACT. I pointed out that we wouldn't have been in the game without him - FACT. I pointed out that he redeemed himself with great plays at the end of overtime to win the game - FACT he did. So if I should be embarrassed I have no idea why lol.

The problem is this "board" is not really a board it's got some really good and common sense posters but quite a few like you who have nothing better to do than set around and type crap on your computer or phone. Your group believe that only happy smiley comments about OU are ok and pounce on any one that says anything that's not "OU is great" hahaha (even though most of the time those "negative" comments are just Truth) gets called names and put down by the "group" or junior highers.

So, to you and your junior high gang I say "Whatever". I have a life and could absolutely care less what you or the others in your little group think.

I've probably had tickets at OU and donated to them longer than most of your junior high colleagues have been alive lol.

So continue on in your fantasy world - many of us on this board feel exactly what I typed above fyi

Back