One Player

DFWHoopster

Reaction score
You can only take one player from each team in the big 12 and your goal is to build a well-rounded team. What does your team look like?

Here is mine:

C- Aldrich- KU (that's a bone for you Cheno I wanted to write Udoh here)
PF- Brackins- Iowa St
SF- Anderson- OSU
SG- Warren- OU
PG- Clemente- Kansas St

Bench- in order of sub pattern

C- Udoh- Baylor (1st sub only because Aldrich would be in quick foul trouble)
SG- Bradley- UT
PG- JT Tiller- Mizzou
SG- Higgins- Colorado
PF- Davis- A&M
SF- Singletary- Tech
SG- Henry- Neb

You can only take one player from each team in the big 12 and your goal is to build a well-rounded team. What does your team look like?

Starters
PG: Denis Clemente (KSU)
SG: Willie Warren (Oklahoma)
SF: James Anderson (Oklahoma State)
PF: Craig Brackins (Iowa State)
C: Cole Aldrich (Kansas)

2nd Five
PG: JT Tiller (Missouri)
SG: Cory Higgins (Colorado)
SF: Damion James (Texas)
PF: Mike Singletary (Texas Tech)
C: Ekpe Udoh (Baylor)

Walkons
Bryan Davis (Texas A&M)
Lance Jeter (Nebraska)

You're saying that if you have Udoh, you don't need anyone else? Interesting... Let me wrap my head around that one for a while and get back to you. You may be on to something...

um it's Sarcasm, because Udoh won't even be on any All Conference team by year end. Maybe defense.............

um it's Sarcasm, because Udoh won't even be on any All Conference team by year end. Maybe defense.............

It isn't about trying to get the best all around players, it is about building a team that fits.

Ask our NBA All-Everything Olympic team from a few years ago.

PG - Collins (KU)
SG - Warren (OU)
SF - Anderson (osu)
PF - Brackins (ISU)
C - Davis (aTm)

Bench:
Dunn (BU)
James (UT)
Higgins (CU)
Judge (KSU)
Taylor (MU)
McCray (NU)
Singletary (TT)

I thought Tiller was a senior last year? If not, he'd be my MU selection.

Nice thread, DFW.

Mine:

Clemente (KSU)
Warren (OU)
Anderson (OSU)
Brackins (ISU)
Aldrich (KU)

bench

Higgins CU
Roberson Tech
Tiller MU
Udoh BU
James UT
Roland A&M
N/A Neb - sorry doc

Good thread.

C- Tiny Gallon - OU
PF- Craig Brackins - Iowa St
SF- Lace Dunn - Baylor
SG- James Anderson - OSU
PG- Sherron Collins - KU

Bench

G- JT Tiller - Mizzou
G- Cori Higgins - Colorado
G/F - Sek Henry - NU
G/F - Mike Singletary - Tech
F - Damion James - Texas
F - Wally Judge - KSU
C- Bryan Davis - A&M

Coach Bill Self

PG-Tweety Carter
SG-Nolan Dennis
SF-LaceDarius Dunn
PF-Ekpe Udoh
C-Josh Lomers

Head coach: Larry Eustachy

Good thread.

C- Tiny Gallon - OU
PF- Craig Brackins - Iowa St
SF- Lace Dunn - Baylor
SG- James Anderson - OSU
PG- Sherron Collins - KU

Bench

G- JT Tiller - Mizzou
G- Cori Higgins - Colorado
G/F - Sek Henry - NU
G/F - Mike Singletary - Tech
F - Damion James - Texas
F - Wally Judge - KSU
C- Bryan Davis - A&M

Coach Bill Self

Gallon over Warren and Collins over Aldrich- interesting. What is the thought process?

Last edited:
Gallon over Warren and Collins over Aldrich- interesting. What is the thought process?

To me PG is the most important position on the court. Sherron Collins is by far the best PG in the league. He's a senior, has remarkable leadership skills and can flat out score the ball. To me there are no other PG options. Clemente is selfish and a ball hog who can't lead. Collins would be my first overall pick in the Big 12. What he did with KU's team last year was remarkable. He put them on his back.

WW was a much harder decision. I love Willie and think he's a great player. My thought process was I needed a versatile big man and let's be honest...there isn't many in the Big 12 this year. To me a starting frontcourt of Tiny Gallon & Craig Brackins with a great and versatile Damion James off the bench would be dominate. I didn't see anyone else in the league who could give me that versatility and I wasn't about to leave Collins off in favor of Aldrich. And as good as WW is I though I still had plenty of firepower at the wing with James Anderson, Lace Dunn & Cori Higgins all very good players in their own right. WW is better but I didn't think I lost as much as opposed to leaving Sherron Collins off. Anderson, Dunn & Higgins are all great spot up shooters and Collins would provide them all the shots they need as opposed to WW who's better with the ball in his hands.

Willie Warren is the best player in the league. I sure as heck wouldn't leave him off my team. Most folks will find that out soon enough.

Back