Opponents records

Krugerfan52

Reaction score
I was looking at the records of the opponents we play the rest of the year as well as our recent ones. They are pretty similar. Rounding them off they look about like this...

Average records of teams we play in conference 10-2
Average records of N. Colorado, UTEP, Gonzaga 10-3

Thats 19 out of our last 20 opponents that are around 10-3, excluding our lone pancake, Maryland Eastern Shore.

I guess the positive of all that is that we should end up with a very high RPI, or at least SOS. The negative of course is that we could lose a ton of games.

i am not sure this is necessarily true. The conference teams will likely have an average of 18-10 the three non-conference teams that are respectable will probably have decent records. What stands out is that there are no strong teams in the non-conference schedule. The RPI will certainly decrease on conference strength the SOS of the conference as a whole is very weak, ranking something like 16 of the basketball conferences. ,

But the main problem is we haven't beaten any of those quality teams yet. You need quality wins to get into the NCAA tournament.

Back