OSU-TU at Reynolds... anyone going?

oSuJeff97

Reaction score
Just curious if any of you guys who live in Tulsa will be going to the OSU-TU game at Reynolds Center Wednesday night?

I'll certainly be there.

I'm not quite sure what to think about TU.

Obviously, they have two very good players in Jordan and Uzoh, and they looked like they were playing some good ball this year, but then they go and lose to Missouri State the other day, 83-75.

The game wasn't even really that close... Tulsa was down by 20 with like 13 minutes left.

For some perspective, Mizzou St. was the preseason #9 pick in the MVC.

I'm sure they will come to play against us, but the result of that game just really surprised me.

I would go, but I'm an OU fan so I will be at the OU Basketball game that night.

But that is a good in-state matchup. If OU didn't have a game I'd be very tempted to go. I went to the OU/Tulsa game at the BOK center last year. I think Tulsa should play OU or OSU or both every year at that place.

I would go, but I'm an OU fan so I will be at the OU Basketball game that night.
But that is a good in-state matchup. If OU didn't have a game I'd be very tempted to go. I went to the OU/Tulsa game at the BOK center last year. I think Tulsa should play OU or OSU or both every year at that place.

Same. I don't know why any Sooner fan would pass up OU/Arkansas for TU/OSU.

I'll be there, but I'm a Tulsa fan. Game is sold out according to the Tulsa World.

:ez-roll:

Should have done a little background check first. ;)

D'OH!

My bad, you guys.

:ez-laugh:

Still I'm curious about what others think of Tulsa.

I really thought they were going to be a great team this year... possibly win C-USA.

But that was a bad loss at Mizzou St. the other day.

Any OU fan would have to really bored with nothing in the world to do to attend an Oklahoma A&M Tulsa game.

Seinfeld reruns of a show you have seen 20 times would be more interesting.

I would be really surprised if Missouri St. finished worse than 3rd in this year's Valley.

D'OH!

My bad, you guys.

:ez-laugh:

Still I'm curious about what others think of Tulsa.

I really thought they were going to be a great team this year... possibly win C-USA.

But that was a bad loss at Mizzou St. the other day.

I think Tulsa will be a solid team this year. I think they have taken a step forward each of the past 2-3 years just by keeping Uzoh and Jordan around. I think they will have a good year and then have a HUGE dropoff next year when they lose those two guys.

I think OSU is still a little better than Tulsa, but Tulsa may win the game being at home.

I would be really surprised if Missouri St. finished worse than 3rd in this year's Valley.

We'll see.

There are some pretty good teams at the top of the Valley... NIU and Illinois State all look to be pretty good. Creighton has had a rough start, but I bet they end up being good. Southern Illinois is always tough.

Even Bradley, who OSU beat in Vegas, looks to be decent, as they took out Illinois.

Just curious if any of you guys who live in Tulsa will be going to the OSU-TU game at Reynolds Center Wednesday night?

I'll certainly be there.

Obviously, they have two very good players in Jordan and Uzoh, and they looked like they were playing some good ball this year, but then they go and lose to Missouri State the other day, 83-75.

The game wasn't even really that close... Tulsa was down by 20 with like 13 minutes left.

I'm sure they will come to play against us, but the result of that game just really surprised me.

They were also down 4 with 5 minutes left.

TU still seems to have the problem of it being Jordan and Uzoh and 3 dudes waiting for Jordan/Uzoh to do something. Hurtt and Idlet have improved some but are still very inconsistent. Wheatley is solid on D and the boards but doesn't provide much on offense. I think Medder will be a good PG for them in the future but he is pretty green right now.

TU will play hard on D and try to ugly it up. They play better at home but it might be 25% OSU fans there on Wednesday.

TU still seems to have the problem of it being Jordan and Uzoh and 3 dudes waiting for Jordan/Uzoh to do something. Hurtt and Idlet have improved some but are still very inconsistent. Wheatley is solid on D and the boards but doesn't provide much on offense. I think Medder will be a good PG for them in the future but he is pretty green right now.

TU will play hard on D and try to ugly it up. They play better at home but it might be 25% OSU fans there on Wednesday.

Last year, TU's problem was that they were just turnover machines. They ranked 242nd in the country in turnover rate last year.

This year, they've improved somewhat, as they are currently ranked 141st in the country, but that might be troublesome considering their level of competition thus far.

I don't know what percentage of OSU fans will be there, but there should be quite a few. The game was sold out as of this morning.

I'll certainly be there.

Swing by my house and give me a ride. I live in the Payne county area. BTW, Mizzou St. coach, Cuonzo Martin, ex purdue teammate of Bigdog Robinson, is a future coaching star. Give him a year or two and he'll be one of the hottest names in coaching.

Back