OSU's non-conference schedule is out

Sooner23

Reaction score
Talk about loading up with creampuffs............

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062209aab.html

N14 SEATTLE
N18 SOUTHERN
N21 NORTH TEXAS
N24 PRAIRIE VIEW A&M
N27 vs Bradley ^
N28 vs Utah/Illinois ^
D2 at Tulsa
D5 UTSA
D13 ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF
D16 at Stanford +
D21 vs TBA (All-College Classic)
D29 PACIFIC
J2 vs Rhode Island ~
J5 COPPIN STATE

home games in ALL CAPS
^ Las Vegas Invitational • Las Vegas, Nev.
+ Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series
~ Uncasville, Conn.

What a horrible home schedule! That would suck to be a season ticket holder and have to watch all those games...

It does. Besides this Big 12/Pac 10 thing. The only worthwhile opponent I remember ever being in GIA was Cincinnati to open a season when they had Mo Baker and Jonzen and them.

Washington State's the only 'BCS' program other than Washington for the BIG XII/PAC 10 showdown that I ever remember playing there.

I don't know what the deal is. It can't be that OSU doesn't WANT to play good teams in Stillwater.

It does. Besides this Big 12/Pac 10 thing. The only worthwhile opponent I remember ever being in GIA was Cincinnati to open a season when they had Mo Baker and Jonzen and them.

Washington State's the only 'BCS' program other than Washington for the BIG XII/PAC 10 showdown that I ever remember playing there.

I don't know what the deal is. It can't be that OSU doesn't WANT to play good teams in Stillwater.

Duke and Kansas get good teams to come play them at home. I think it is more OSU than anything else. It would seem to be bad enough to keep some folks from buying season tickets....

Do Duke and Kansas have to play true return games?

I do think Ford will be a more aggressive scheduler than the Suttons ever were, but this season with trying to establish a new point guard it might be for the best to have a nice run of cupcakes.

I wonder what the ratio of Tulsa to OSU fans will be at the game? How well does Tulsa show for "big" games?

Last edited:

I do Ford will be a more aggressive scheduler than the Suttons ever were, but this season with trying to establish a new point guard it might be for the best to have a nice run of cupcakes.

I wonder what the ratio of Tulsa to OSU fans will be at the game? How well does Tulsa show for "big" games?

Teams should be knocking at your door for the way you supported the program the last two years!

I am not sure on Tulsa. OU had more fans (it was pretty close) last year at the BOK. What sucks is that most of the OU fans were in the upper decks. I imagine that OSU will have their fair share inside the Reynolds center next year.

Weird that the All-College games aren't set yet. You gotta think that if they're not set by now, we may be looking at two snoozers.

Wow, OSU better be putting together some ticket packages to get more than 5K in the seats for those non-conference games.

And sadly OUs is coming as well, and can't imagine it being much better, and hope some of the newcomers can replace the attendance draw Griffin had for us. but that's expected I'm sure

Wow, OSU better be putting together some ticket packages to get more than 5K in the seats for those non-conference games.

And sadly OUs is coming as well, and can't imagine it being much better, and hope some of the newcomers can replace the attendance draw Griffin had for us. but that's expected I'm sure

We've got Arkansas and Arizona at home. Not bad, IMO. Not bad at all.

Teams should be knocking at your door for the way you supported the program the last two years!

I am not sure on Tulsa. OU had more fans (it was pretty close) last year at the BOK. What sucks is that most of the OU fans were in the upper decks. I imagine that OSU will have their fair share inside the Reynolds center next year.

Tulsa fans will show stronger support in the Reynolds center than the BOK. There are a lot of OSU fans in Tulsa, but TU should still have the majority. The TU fans I know generally dislike OSU more than OU. They see OSU as more of a rival in football/basketball.

I'm not sure what all of that will translate to in terms of attendance, but TU fans can be pretty rabid when there is a good product on the court.

We've got Arkansas and Arizona at home. Not bad, IMO. Not bad at all.

Yeah and hopefully one decent mid major. I am really puzzled by the All-College. I sure hope we land someone pretty good....

wowser

Creampuff city!!!! Frank Martin's not going to like OSU taking most if it's scheduled opponents.

Re: wowser

Ford wasn't speaking to highly of scheduling when he spoke in Enid last week. I don't think he's too happy about the schedule either.

I do think Ford will be a more aggressive scheduler than the Suttons ever were, but this season with trying to establish a new point guard it might be for the best to have a nice run of cupcakes.

Yes. Duke and KU both go on the road. Duke played at Purdue, Michigan, Xavier and St. Johns last season. Duke has been to Norman and always plays legitimate road games.

KU also plays legitimate teams both in Fog and on the road.

It is OSU. You worthless aggies think you have a special program but in fact your pathetic program is afraid to play real road games and therefore gets no real home games from non-conference opponents. Quite frankly, OSU basketball is perhaps the most overrated college program in all of college sports.

Yes. Duke and KU both go on the road. Duke played at Purdue, Michigan, Xavier and St. Johns last season. Duke has been to Norman and always plays legitimate road games.

KU also plays legitimate teams both in Fog and on the road.

It is OSU. You worthless aggies think you have a special program but in fact your pathetic program is afraid to play real road games and therefore gets no real home games from non-conference opponents. Quite frankly, OSU basketball is perhaps the most overrated college program in all of college sports.

All I heard was "blah blah blah, OSU Basketball, Blah Blah Blah"

Please not the "my dad is better than your dad" argument again. Both sides are bias toward the program they root for and it will always be that way. Lets keep the discussions to osu's schedule.

N14 SEATTLE
N18 SOUTHERN
N21 NORTH TEXAS
N24 PRAIRIE VIEW A&M
N27 vs Bradley ^
N28 vs Utah/Illinois ^
D2 at Tulsa
D5 UTSA
D13 ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF
D16 at Stanford +
D21 vs TBA (All-College Classic)
D29 PACIFIC
J2 vs Rhode Island ~
J5 COPPIN STATE

If you are going to play a weak schedule, at least make it local.

Play SMU instead of Seattle, play TCU instead of Pacific, play Houston instead of Coppin State, play Missouri State instead of Southern, play Oral Roberts isntead of Arkansas-Pine Bluff.....

These types of games would improve their RPI a little bit and be more interesting for the fans... I dont know which fan would rather see OSU play Seattle, Pacific, Coppin State, Southern, and Arkansas-Pine Bluff over SMU, TCU, Houston, Missouri State, and ORU.

Back