OU @ #1 Auburn BIG 12/SEC Challenge 1pm CST on ESPN

The problem existed long before covid .

I was in Norman… for the infamous TT Jump Around night game. Luckily OU played a scrub team in Bball at 11 am? Blake was a sophomore.

No way was I NOT going to that game… surprised it wasn’t sold out. Great day for me.

Stop making excuses for OU fans failure to show up. There’s no defensible reason why we can’t get 10,000 people to show up for every home game and be loud.

I stated a fact. You can't blithely compare our situation to another program's and then complain when someone digs a little deeper. Well, you can, obviously, but there's no reason I have to play along.

I'd bet a beer that Auburn doesn't generally fill their arena. Also, Auburn has no NBA team to compete with. Also, their football team went 6-7 this season, so I would imagine their fans are glad to have something to cheer about.

If I think of anything else, I'll get back to you.

I stated a fact. You can't blithely compare our situation to another program's and then complain when someone digs a little deeper. Well, you can, obviously, but there's no reason I have to play along.

I'd bet a beer that Auburn doesn't generally fill their arena. Also, Auburn has no NBA team to compete with. Also, their football team went 6-7 this season, so I would imagine their fans are glad to have something to cheer about.

If I think of anything else, I'll get back to you.

I’m not trying to pick a fight with you. I enjoy your input on the board. I’m just saying, that’s an excuse. Forget auburn. Focus on OU. Why can’t we get more people at the games? We have a great Alumni base and a huge fan base. Why can’t we get more people to the games?

I know winning cures all but we have routinely been a top 25 program and the fan attendance is freaking awful. When we move to the SEC, we have a great opportunity to change the trajectory of this program for the better. How do we recruit more fans to show up?

Been argued on here a hundred times. Many issues but single issue the gym. Beautiful but worst place to watch a game in. For me to go to noble is like taking a beating. Can’t make out the players from the upper bowl, seats are made for 65pound children and hard to get in and out of,if you are taller than 5’5 your knees press into the seat in front of you and if you are sitting low you are miles from bathrooms or concessions and have be a mountain climber to get out. I could go on. But look at Michigan and auburn. Both ad event centers similar to ours and never had anyone at games. Both got real and comfortable gym and now sell out.

Been argued on here a hundred times. Many issues but single issue the gym. Beautiful but worst place to watch a game in. For me to go to noble is like taking a beating. Can’t make out the players from the upper bowl, seats are made for 65pound children and hard to get in and out of,if you are taller than 5’5 your knees press into the seat in front of you and if you are sitting low you are miles from bathrooms or concessions and have be a mountain climber to get out. I could go on. But look at Michigan and auburn. Both ad event centers similar to ours and never had anyone at games. Both got real and comfortable gym and now sell out.

Couldn’t disagree more. Lack of interest from 90 percent of OU fans is the biggest issue. Turn on sports radio in Norman and OKC during basketball season. Even if we are a top 5 team and have a game against a ranked opponent that night, 90 percent of the calls will be about football. I know people will point to individual games and say that back when Blake or Buddy were around, the place got loud and close to full, but even then, that was the exception rather than the rule.

Back