OU @ #11 KSU 7pm CST on ESPN+

OU women win in OT and avoid a terrible blown lead loss on senior night

Lol I couldn’t believe that… didn’t watch it but checked the play by play on espn… hit a 2 with 1 sec. After ksu missed 4? Ft in the last 6 sec…
Crazy

Man. Speaking of wins we should have had this year… Texas about to drop the game tonight vs. TCU. We should have beaten them twice and we just couldn’t get it done. Dammit Oklahoma basketball is frustrating.

Lol I couldn’t believe that… didn’t watch it but checked the play by play on espn… hit a 2 with 1 sec. After ksu missed 4? Ft in the last 6 sec…
Crazy

I watched it. The Sooners committed 26 turnovers.

OU jumped out to a 22-point lead, KSU got hot from deep in the third and the turnovers. just. kept. coming.

I'm thrilled they won, but it should never have been close. KSU is a scrappy bunch and played hard and well, but failing behind after you lead by 22 should never happen.

I don't know where they go from here, I say give Moser one more year.
If things stay about the same then part ways with him.
But I do believe PM wants out of Norman ASAP

This is why I think it’s gonna be hard to get excited about next season. Seems to be a situation where PM probably wants out, OU probably wants out, but due to contract and lack of options both ways, they will stick it out with each other one more year to see how things go. Like a couple on verge of divorce that decides to stay together until the kids graduate. Usually doesn’t end well.

This is why I think it’s gonna be hard to get excited about next season. Seems to be a situation where PM probably wants out, OU probably wants out, but due to contract and lack of options both ways, they will stick it out with each other one more year to see how things go. Like a couple on verge of divorce that decides to stay together until the kids graduate. Usually doesn’t end well.

Except the kids in this case can take NIL deals and easily transfer elsewhere

Unless OU wins Saturday, it'll be our worst conference schedule winning percentage since 1959.

And 8 of our last 10 losses will have been by double digits.

That doesn't sound like a program that is getting better, maturing, or "figuring it out."

very much agree with the first part if OU doesn't show significant improvement next season will be PM's last

i don't agree on the second part .. i don't think he wants out .. i think he wants to make it work here

OU needs Cooper to be as good as some think he will be . (which is a day 1 impact starter)

Well id think that pm will be motivated bc if he gets fired no one but mid majors will prolly want him vs having a good year and possibly getting a notre dame-ish job

very much agree with the first part if OU doesn't show significant improvement next season will be PM's last

i don't agree on the second part .. i don't think he wants out .. i think he wants to make it work here

OU needs Cooper to be as good as some think he will be . (which is a day 1 impact starter)

Not to hijack the thread but let's say that is the case. What would a

Uzan
Oweh
Cooper
Hill
Collins

lineup look like, performance wise. Alot of assumptions are being made I know. Would be very athletic, but what about scoring. Would we be another OSU? Can Cooper shoot, and handle? Can Collins score? Scoring looks really light in that scenario.

Unless OU wins Saturday, it'll be our worst conference schedule winning percentage since 1959.

And 8 of our last 10 losses will have been by double digits.

That doesn't sound like a program that is getting better, maturing, or "figuring it out."

Yep. People got so unrealistically optimistic based on Saturday that they viewed it as progress. It was clearly no different than our other wins over the past 9 weeks — a one-game blip. We haven’t won consecutive games since the middle of December, and that two-game “streak” included a win over Central Arkansas. It seems like every time we string together a few good minutes, people immediately start talking about how if we can keep it up, we might even be able to make the tournament lol. The reality is there has been no progress. There are isolated moments where we play well, but every team in the country can say that. We are probably worse now than we were on thanksgiving, despite the obvious improvement from Los and Oweh and the fact we have probably been the most fortunate team in the country when it comes to injuries and health.

Uzan
Oweh
Cooper
Hill
Collins

lineup look like, performance wise. Alot of assumptions are being made I know. Would be very athletic, but what about scoring. Would we be another OSU? Can Cooper shoot, and handle? Can Collins score? Scoring looks really light in that scenario.

The spacing would be a nightmare because there isn’t much shooting on the floor.

Uzan
Oweh
Cooper
Hill
Collins

cooper can score

it doesn't seem like it but Uzan is now 40% from 3 on the season .. i will be shocked if he is not a 12ish PPG guy next season ..

i doubt Oweh is ever a knock down shooter .. but as last night showed he can slash and finish at a very high level . .

Hill is above 30% this year from 3 which is enough for him to keep teams honest (and i bet he is above 35% on the corner 3 which is all i ever want him shooting anyway)

Uzan
Oweh
Cooper
Hill
Collins

That would be a pretty good defensive unit, but I'd worry like crazy about the offense. Uzan is shooting it pretty well from deep this year, but I don't think he is a career 40% 3 point shooter. Oweh and Cooper aren't going to be big threats from 3. Hill isn't. If Collins is the 5, he is super limited in his range and shooting. How does a PM offense even work with a 5 that is NO threat at the top of the key?

To me that is a team that is going to have trouble getting to the rim because our opponents are going to be able to help off other perimeter players.

But again, the defense would have a chance to be very good.

Depth becomes an issue. If you are starting those guys and we lose Groves x2 (speculating on Jacob), Noland, and maybe a Bamasile or Cortes, that means we'll have to recruit a new bench and start over with them.

I could see next year's team being better than this year's, but I cannot currently see next year's team being very good (ie, top 30). Obviously the Portal can change that. Or Sherfield returning (which would change the starting lineup above) could change that.

Yep. People got so unrealistically optimistic based on Saturday that they viewed it as progress. It was clearly no different than our other wins over the past 9 weeks — a one-game blip. We haven’t won consecutive games since the middle of December, and that two-game “streak” included a win over Central Arkansas. It seems like every time we string together a few good minutes, people immediately start talking about how if we can keep it up, we might even be able to make the tournament lol. The reality is there has been no progress. There are isolated moments where we play well, but every team in the country can say that. We are probably worse now than we were on thanksgiving, despite the obvious improvement from Los and Oweh and the fact we have probably been the most fortunate team in the country when it comes to injuries and health.

If OU had pulled out that OT game in Austin, that would have been three top 25 wins in four games. Maybe it was a 4-game lucky streak, but it was certainly not some one-game flash. Saying that the previous four games are a sham based on last night's results makes you guilty of exactly what you're claiming others are doing. If OU is able to win the regular season finale, this will have been a good six-game stretch to end the season. Let's sit back and try not to panic after individual games.

If OU had pulled out that OT game in Austin, that would have been three top 25 wins in four games. Maybe it was a 4-game lucky streak, but it was certainly not some one-game flash. Saying that the previous four games are a sham based on last night's results makes you guilty of exactly what you're claiming others are doing. If OU is able to win the regular season finale, this will have been a good six-game stretch to end the season. Let's sit back and try not to panic after individual games.

An "if" team. A "team on the rise" team. A "wait til next year" team. Its sad the state of the program.

That said, next year I'll prolly be like Cooper and Cole and the UK transfer are going to be legit.. lets goooo. Ha

Last edited:

I don’t panic over individual games. How about a 17-game conference stretch? Is that sufficient? That’s what I’m evaluating. The product on the floor right now is no better than it was at the beginning of the year. Ok, we had a decent four-game stretch in which we went 2-2. Woo hoo. We also did that at the start of conference play and it’s what led some of the “speak no evil” crew to suggest we were going to end up winning 9 or 10 conference games. This stretch is no different, other than the fact it followed a stretch where we largely uncompetitive in conference games over a stretch of about three weeks. So no, I don’t think two wins and a close-but-no-cigars, blown late lead at Texas amount to much.

Whether they are right, wrong, or a mix of both, all my assessments of Moser and the program are based on the totality of his 65 games as our coach. I’m definitely not overreacting to last night. Heck, as bad as that performance was, it (sadly) isn’t one of the 10 worst games in his two seasons.

I don’t panic over individual games. How about a 17-game conference stretch? Is that sufficient? That’s what I’m evaluating. The product on the floor right now is no better than it was at the beginning of the year. Ok, we had a decent four-game stretch in which we went 2-2. Woo hoo. We also did that at the start of conference play and it’s what led some of the “speak no evil” crew to suggest we were going to end up winning 9 or 10 conference games. This stretch is no different, other than the fact it followed a stretch where we largely uncompetitive in conference games over a stretch of about three weeks. So no, I don’t think two wins and a close-but-no-cigars, blown late lead at Texas amount to much.

Whether they are right, wrong, or a mix of both, all my assessments of Moser and the program are based on the totality of his 65 games as our coach. I’m definitely not overreacting to last night. Heck, as bad as that performance was, it (sadly) isn’t one of the 10 worst games in his two seasons.

who did OU lose to last night?? on the road ..

a top 100 team in the country that is a bubble team .. ??

wait no they lost to the #11 team in the country on the road that is going to be a 2 or 3 seed ..

One thing I'd like to point out: OU Basketball isn't a second grade YMCA team-- I don't think we need to break our arms patting them on the back for "good efforts" or non-blowout losses.

They are probably going to go 4-14 in conf play. That is AWFUL. It doesn't matter how good the conference is or how many of the 14 losses "could" have been wins. The objective is to be a program that can compete at a high level. Yes, if we were in the ASUN, we would have a much better record. But we aren't. We are a B12 team and will soon be an SEC team. The objective is to compete at a high level wherever you are.

Over the sample size of two seasons, they are now 11-25 against other B12 teams. That's really bad and there is no reason to sugarcoat it as anything else. Yes, some losses were REALLY close and some wins were close too including 2 of our 4 this year.

If your take is that PM needs time to get things going and shouldn't be judged on the record his first two seasons... that's fine. You might be right. But I'm not a fan of trying to rationalize the very poor results as not being as bad as it looks...because it actually IS as bad as it looks.

Back