OU @ #11 KSU 7pm CST on ESPN+

who did OU lose to last night?? on the road ..

a top 100 team in the country that is a bubble team .. ??

wait no they lost to the #11 team in the country on the road that is going to be a 2 or 3 seed ..

I'm not sure what that has to do with my post. I just said that I am not worried by last night.

If your take is that PM needs time to get things going and shouldn't be judged on the record his first two seasons... that's fine. You might be right. But I'm not a fan of trying to rationalize the very poor results as not being as bad as it looks...because it actually IS as bad as it looks.

OU fans did the same things this football season. Made every excuse in the world for BV and his team being terrible by OU standards.

Saying BV and last year's team were trash and should have been better given the talent on campus does NOT mean that BV can't turn it around and be a great coach at OU as early as this season. But nobody will ever convince me that he got the most out of last year's team. Nobody will convince me that KSU, WVU, Baylor, and TT had comparable talent (ie, raw skill, athleticism, potential) to OU.

OU fans did the same things this football season. Made every excuse in the world for BV and his team being terrible by OU standards.

Saying BV and last year's team were trash and should have been better given the talent on campus does NOT mean that BV can't turn it around and be a great coach at OU as early as this season. But nobody will ever convince me that he got the most out of last year's team. Nobody will convince me that KSU, WVU, Baylor, and TT had comparable talent (ie, raw skill, athleticism, potential) to OU.

Agree and if BV repeats again like PM has then they will both be on my **** list. :)

But if I am looking at just talent then PM has a little better excuse right now although it doesn’t explain a lot of his decisions and lack of team improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. People got so unrealistically optimistic based on Saturday that they viewed it as progress.

Well, since I started a rare thread after Saturday's win, I'm certainly guilty of that. I thought there was at least a chance we could salvage a bad season with a nice mini-run to close out this season. Oh well. It doesn't mean I have to give up...other than hope of an at-large NCAA bid. I'd say there is about a 5% chance we could win our next three games and get invited to the NIT. Assuming the 95% probability takes place, then it will be time to root for a big off-season in hopes of getting better talent for next season.

Couldn’t agree more with your take on the football team last year. Ou should never be 3-6 in football playing in the freaking big 12. The NfL draft will support your argument too when ou has more players drafted than every team other than maybe texas or tcu.

I also agree that even though they failed pretty miserably on the field last year, I expect the coaching and results to be much better in year 2.

Back