>>>>>>>OU [6-3] vs. Memphis [7-3] Pregame Thread<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>OU [6-3] vs. Memphis [7-3] Pregame Thread<<<<<<<

Bench for Memphis scored 8 points total as there starters ripped us a new one. Defense needs to get with it and stop double teaming players while at the same time leaving athletic scorers close to the basket wide open.

I remember the team 3 years ago choking away a bunch of games when they were starting a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. Two years later, they were damn good.

The same thing will happen in two years. You'll be looking at a core of James, Odomes, McNease, Freeman, Buford, Shepard, McGusty, Doolittle, and (knock on wood) Trae Young. Plus a number of freshmen and sophomores to contribute where they can. The future is bright, but we will take our lumps this year.

Unfortunately, we have too many fans who think there is some way to skip steps in the process.

I'd be very comfortable with cutting Buford and Strong from the rotation

Every game when we have our turn the ball over 5 times in a row stretch it seems Strong is at the center of it. The guy just makes terrible decisions with the ball.

For those saying OU has more talent..I do not agree..OU may have more bodies but the starting 5 for the tigers were just as good as anyone could put on the floor.

OU does not have more talent than Memphis starting five but is much deeper team.

Talent from the front line players was the difference today.

Our team defense is so awful. Low IQ

Too many guys are playing, no one is learning where they need to be

Ugly loss. Of course if hitting 80% and only up 13 at the most shows your D isnt great.
Maybe these guys relax on D when strokin the ball...who knows.

The good, Shep and JM played well. Strong needs to not play much.
Settled for putside shots way too often.

Figured 2-1 for the last 3 non conf games..3-0 with some luck...my bet would be 1-2.

LK def coaches long term...this yr and maybe next are building years...betting on year 3.

Every game when we have our turn the ball over 5 times in a row stretch it seems Strong is at the center of it. The guy just makes terrible decisions with the ball.

It's unbelievable he was getting twice as many minutes as Sheperd.

Must play different in practice

Unfortunately, we have too many fans who think there is some way to skip steps in the process.

It's called playing defense and it's been part of the game since its inception.

Lon isn't the best coach around but he is the best that coaches basketball for OU

Our use of Woodard was so poor in regulation. You gotta get the offense to go through him. I don't like Woodard being a 2 guard. and just standing around a lot. It's not a good use of him.

We'll never get to the FT doing that

Tell that to ku, uk, nova, duke, unc, ...

It IS possible to just reload...like we do in football. That's the issue, although OU is pretty decent in bball not even close to the bluebloods...or OU football. It is what it is...

They looked much better today. Love Shepherd at the point. Jamuni looking so much better inside. Like him more than Lattin. Actually has a low post game. Woodard better off the ball. Think this team will grow by leaps and bounds by February. Would like to see McGusty a bit more and Strong a lot less. Strong is so out of control. Plays juco ball. Hope he adjusts to speed of game. Kruger waits too long to make changes. Don't be afraid to take a time out when we are looking bad. Gave up a couple buckets late when Strong and Buford were in the game. Lots of potential to improve though.

It IS possible to just reload...like we do in football. That's the issue, although OU is pretty decent in bball not even close to the bluebloods...or OU football. It is what it is...
those team are on a different level than OU

It's called playing defense and it's been part of the game since its inception.

We brought back Woodard, James and Lattin (along with Buford) who all played significant minutes last year. Yes we're young but those guys have been through the fire of a Final Four run so it wasn't a total rebuild and the expectation shouldn't have been one. So so disappointing our lack of composure game after game.

We can reload every year if that's our expectations. I don'tunderstand this "we won't make the ncaa's, but hey we start a sr, so, so, fr, jr so we're "young" and we'll be good in 2 years.. "

Lattin
Doolittle
McNeace

Woodard
James
Shepard
Odomes
McGusty

I'm playing 8 players next game.

Freeman, Buford, Strong can participate in emergency or blowout.

We NEED Trae Young!!!!! Trae!!! You will elevate this team to a top 20 team instantly!!! We need you more than KU or ANY other team you are considering!!

Kansas City has treated you well. Ironic you couldn't see the sarcastic rebuttal to your post

Yes it has...thanks. Am I suppose to be worried about the KC comment? Lol..

I hate the losses as much as anyone...it's kruger's style...load up hoping that in yr 3 the team will b there. I like the young guys but also realize OU, no matter who's coaching can't get the big guns...just is.

Yes it has...thanks. Am I suppose to be worried about the KC comment? Lol..

I hate the losses as much as anyone...it's kruger's style...load up hoping that in yr 3 the team will b there. I like the young guys but also realize OU, no matter who's coaching can't get the big guns...just is.

We don't need big guns to make the tournament every year...

Back