>>>>>>>OU [6-3] vs. Memphis [7-3] Pregame Thread<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>OU [6-3] vs. Memphis [7-3] Pregame Thread<<<<<<<

We brought back Woodard, James and Lattin (along with Buford) who all played significant minutes last year. Yes we're young but those guys have been through the fire of a Final Four run so it wasn't a total rebuild and the expectation shouldn't have been one. So so disappointing our lack of composure game after game.

Exactly....we have enough experience returning to at least offset this idea of a "total rebuild". I don't buy it at all. I didn't expect a 3rd place finish in the Big 12, but I sure as hell didn't expect an 8th or 9th place finish either.....which is likely what we are going to get.

We NEED Trae Young!!!!! Trae!!! You will elevate this team to a top 20 team instantly!!! We need you more than KU or ANY other team you are considering!!
It would be nice but I for one not holding my breath

Exactly....we have enough experience returning to at least offset this idea of a "total rebuild". I don't buy it at all. I didn't expect a 3rd place finish in the Big 12, but I sure as hell didn't expect an 8th or 9th place finish either.....which is likely what we are going to get.

Exactly

We NEED Trae Young!!!!! Trae!!! You will elevate this team to a top 20 team instantly!!! We need you more than KU or ANY other team you are considering!!

Considering Trae wanted to see how the teams were playing before making a decision I can't imagine how this season has gone will be a great positive for getting him to commit. Guess we can always sell him as being the missing piece but bluebloods gonna blueblood in terms of winning on a yearly basis.

We don't need big guns to make the tournament every year...

You think OU will make it this year? Over the long, yes I agree...when we only get 1 ranked kid a yr or none it takes more time.

Again it was in response to being this "bad"

In response to sperry and msps...

I would hope OU is a program that makes the tourney every year...unfortunately I THINK kruger is a builder...guys 2/3/4 stars...that will b around awhile. It's just what it is, OU doesn't get 5* guys very often if at all.

Last edited:

should be fun when OU and texas plays..both young teams. Texas may have better overall talent but lack guard play

This. I can't stand non competitive excuse makers

So stupid. You probably won't have a clue as to why we're so good in two years when we are.

Yup...that's what I said...
Even as good as OU was last year they still couldn't remove kansas from the top of the big 12. I bet the kansas football fans say about the same

You think OU will make it this year? Over the long, yes I agree...when we only get 1 ranked kid a yr or none it takes more time.

Again it was in response to being this "bad"

In response to sperry and msps...

I would hope OU is a program that makes the tourney every year...unfortunately I THINK kruger is a builder...guys 2/3/4 stars...that will b around awhile. It's just what it is, OU doesn't get 5* guys very often if at all.

Right. And we have never relied on getting 5 star guys, yet made the Tourney routinely under sampson so...

Right. And we have never relied on getting 5 star guys, yet made the Tourney routinely under sampson so...

teams like UK, UNC, and kansas even with their talent it still takes a special kind of coach to manage that talent

We make the tournament routinely under Kruger too. We played a bunch of seniors a ton of minutes last year to try to win a championship, and it paid off with a final four. Now we are developing these young guys, and grooming them into the class that will have us back in the tourney next year, and making a DEEP run again in two.

Stat of the game: Memphis, a 62% FT shooting team, shot 28/32 or 87% from the line. That appalling lack of free throw defense cost OU the game.

Stat of the game: Memphis, a 62% FT shooting team, shot 28/32 or 87% from the line. That appalling lack of free throw defense cost OU the game.
Yeah or don't foul as much as they did

We make the tournament routinely under Kruger too. We played a bunch of seniors a ton of minutes last year to try to win a championship, and it paid off with a final four. Now we are developing these young guys, and grooming them into the class that will have us back in the tourney next year, and making a DEEP run again in two.

Ya but we brought back 2 of those starters.. and our 6th man (fringe starter) if we hadn't I'd have no problem with a rebuild philosophy but I'd still expect a ncaa appearance either way

Last edited:

teams like UK, UNC, and kansas even with their talent it still takes a special kind of coach to manage that talent

Ya i agree, to an extent. I think Kentucky with their mega teams sometimes don't require much

How many times were they fouled because it bailed out the team from inconsistent defensive play?

Their % was definitely a fluke

Their attempts were not. They took it to a lost defensive team.

Ya but we brought back 2 of those starters.. and our 6th man (fringe starter) if we hadn't I'd have no problem with a rebuild philosophy but I'd still expect a ncaa appearance either way

those guys hardly contributed anything to the team.

Woodard relied heavily off Cousins and Hield to create space and open shots. He isnt a bad player but he is the perfect role player and he is sub 6ft and can't play PG well.

Lattin is a rim protector and thats about it.

We could still make tourny but we have to have players step up

Back