OU at #12 Kansas St 6pm 1/10

at the risk of being torched on here, I just don't see us winning this one. We don't have the personnel to contain Lee down low, and they also have solid outside shooters. I say we get beat by 13, and that's being optimistic. I'd be over the moon if we pulled off the upset, goodness knows we need one or two if we hope to make the ncaa tourney this season!

The best way to beat KSU is to get their big girl in foul trouble. I don't see that happening in Manhattan.

We are down 37-25 at half. Actually held Lee to 3 points by doubling her down low. But eventually they are able to get open 3s from our concentration on her. Also Lee’s inside defense means we can’t get easy shots in the paint.

Looked at the stats and we are 5-20 from 2s in the first half….just no answer in the half court for Lee’s defense in the paint.

74-57 loss. We gave good effort but just couldn’t shoot at all tonight. We got within 7 relatively late but in the end we didn’t have enough offense to really have a chance.

Better team won, hopefully OU better days are ahead

we don't have the talent shooting-wise this year, so idk why JB doesn't try something else. We won't win many more games playing this way, which hopefully won't hurt us recruiting-wise moving forward. Still no true post in sight even next season, so I'm honestly hoping some players transfer out.

we don't have the talent shooting-wise this year, so idk why JB doesn't try something else. We won't win many more games playing this way, which hopefully won't hurt us recruiting-wise moving forward. Still no true post in sight even next season, so I'm honestly hoping some players transfer out.
As long as she allows these girls to throw the ball away and still slap hands as if if we're OK, then never be held responsible one our their play, things will not change. The freshmen are playing worse than they played in high-school! No improvement, definitely playing worse than when they arrived. Stop the it's OK attitude! Stop the you will, do better next time crap. This ball control is remaining the same and has been passed on to every new player we have now. Change requires honest response, not accepting the same results time after time. Either she is a good coach, or she is not! I thought she would be one but there is no discipline on this team. There is no accountability. It is so dang obvious and yet she does not see it. If it does not get fixed, no matter who we bring in as a player, five star ir great players from the portal, this crap will continue. I hope the powers to be are seeing this.

Agreed. In several of our losses it's seemed that JB just doesn't know what to do/lets the kids keep playing and hoping they'll work it out. Something needs to be done, she needs to ride these kids that have poor choices on offense. We don't have to shoot the ball so dang quickly after passing the midcourt! It's just horrible basketball IQ and that falls largely on coaching when it happens game after game. I suppose you get what you pay for though....it's showing now that SC's players have mostly graduated and we have mostly JB's players.

Jennie is a system coach...she wants her teams to play fast to try and get easy shots. Playing slow and working the half court offense makes it more likely to take difficult shots. Turnovers have had a miraculous change in conference...we had 13 last night and that is the average during conference play. KSU is a really good defensive team and just didn't give up many easy shots. I can't see Jennie changing offenses...it would be like asking Mike Leach to go to 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. The only answer to beating top 10 teams is to get more talent...so that isn't happening this year. In the off season we need her to go hard into the portal for about 3 bigger better players.

The key to this year will be how we do vs OSU, Tech, West Va and the other middle of the pack Big 12 teams....win a majority of those plus continuing to win all the games vs the bottom teams and we can get into the tournament as a 10 or so seed. Lose most of those and we will be lucky to get into the WNIT.

watched the first qtr or so...then couldn't stomach the crap play. The careless one handed/sideways/loose passing just drives me crazy. No. I didn't coach D1...just HS but man that kind of crap would draw some practice time on passes...like it should.

definitely need a talent infusion...hopefully she can get that. She is a major step up from SC in her last 5 yrs or so.

My impression has been that we have some shooters but they went cold after the first half of the season. Since then we can't buy buckets, especially 3's, maybe those 3 point shooters should start shooting extra buckets ala last years three point phenom. Just my thoughts.

Yep, Jennie absolutely is a system coach pushing the players to run and gun and take quick shots before the defense really gets set. A lot of the shots taken in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock usually are open and not bad shots. The problem is that they aren't going down. Last season with this system, we had six players shooting at least .325 from 3. This season, we have 2 (Aubrey at .372 and Peyton at .347).

When players who are 0-5 from 3 jack up a 3 during the first few seconds of a shot clock, THAT is when it becomes a matter of poor shot selection and I wish they would try something else. The problem is Jennie preaches a "shooters shoot" mentality and to always forget about the last miss (which Ana Llanusa credits for giving her confidence in her shot again). So we're stuck with this with hopes that the shots start falling.

I think Van has not been herself since she was hurt and missed the 2nd half of the game against Southern.

Back