>>>>>>OU-Baylor Gameday Thread<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>OU-Baylor Gameday Thread<<<<<<

Yes, up 7 with Buddy having 5 is huge. We do need to get into the post.

Yep, great half considering most of it was without Buddy. Must get tough in the paint & rebound. But should be in great shape in the 2nd half. I love the determination by Woodard to bounce back from the ISU game.

Nah that was horrible. Super weak. But I'll take it

Bull...we've gotten some crap calls. He hooked him, got the advantage....believe me...I hook all the time. 😀

It's crazy cause we've yet to play a game all year where ALL our starting 5 are playing even their average. Cousins had his slump Woodard had his slump game against ISU Spangler has had his slumps. I guess you could "call" Buddy's early couple games a slump when he wasn't pouring in 26 a game haha. But I can't imagine what this team would look like if we could get a complete game from all our guys. Just a good solid game.

Woodard with 17
Buddy with 22
Cousins with 17
Spangler with 10 and 10
Lattin with 8 & 8 and 4 blocks

Woooo...just gives me chills. We are capable. Maybe we do it at the right time on the right game...in March ;)

Yep, great half considering most of it was without Buddy. Must get tough in the paint & rebound. But should be in great shape in the 2nd half. I love the determination by Woodard to bounce back from the ISU game.

Yup, needs to give Spang some hugs...maybe it will rub off. Spang needs to attack with that high post spot. Get fouled or dish off..only 1 defender on low block

Nah that was horrible. Super weak. But I'll take it

It was a wrap around that I wouldn't have called, but the junk their bigs have gotten away with coupled with the terrible call on Spangler when he blocked the shot clean on the previous possession, leads to a make up call.

Woodard done great today but guys...cousins is KILLING IT!! 6 points 5 dimes and numerous steals. He's BAAAAACK.

Props to LK for taking the timeout midway through the half. He straightened out the temporary slump.

It's crazy cause we've yet to play a game all year where ALL our starting 5 are playing even their average. Cousins had his slump Woodard had his slump game against ISU Spangler has had his slumps. I guess you could "call" Buddy's early couple games a slump when he wasn't pouring in 26 a game haha. But I can't imagine what this team would look like if we could get a complete game from all our guys. Just a good solid game.

Woodard with 17
Buddy with 22
Cousins with 17
Spangler with 10 and 10
Lattin with 8 & 8 and 4 blocks

Woooo...just gives me chills. We are capable. Maybe we do it at the right time on the right game...in March ;)

On the flip side....it's great we have all those options. I don't ever expect big scoring from post. Like u said if we can get 15/20 points TOTAL...and 15/20 boards total we'll win.

Well we were red hot from 3 in the first half, but OTOH, we trail Baylor 18-7 in boards, with ZERO offensive RBs! That 7 point lead will evaporate in a hurry if we hit a cold spell. We need to establish at least a threat inside or the outside shots will stop being in transition.

Guess I'm saying that I am concerned about the lack of any kind of inside game.

Well we were red hot from 3 in the first half, but OTOH, we trail Baylor 18-7 in boards, with ZERO offensive RBs! That 7 point lead will evaporate in a hurry if we hit a cold spell. We need to establish at least a threat inside or the outside shots will stop being in transition.

Guess I'm saying that I am concerned about the lack of any kind of inside game.

We are a jump shooting team and they keep giving us open jump shots.
They're clogging up the lane. You've gotta take what they give you.

It's not like us being on fire is a rare thing. Those are just the shots we make.

It looks like spangs is out of gas but none of our other bigs are reliable at attacking the zone from the top of the key. It would be nice if we could give him a week to heal up but the big 12 doesn't afford that.

We've got to get something from our post players. 2 points and 2 rebounds. Baylor doesn't respect them so they can extend their zone further.

Really solid half. Just not impressed with Spangler so far. He needs to get us rebounds.

Interested to see if Manyang will get any play the second half. Maybe his size could help negate some of their rebounding. If Manyang does not get in we need Lattin, Spangler, and Buford to really focus on blocking out. Guards need to help as well.

Really good half. Activity on the halfcourt defense has been as good as it's been all season. Need to rebound better. And, on offense, we need to keep going to the high post....it's opening up everything else.

Going to b a game of runs...hopefully we have the last one.

Thank u spang..go strong

Yeah Spangler, just go ahead and keep leaving the guy wide open in the corner. Great plan.

Thanks Buddy.

Back