OU in line to get a visit from James Johnson

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Looks like he'll be visiting OSU, Arizona, and Arizona State.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=973503

James Johnson indicated that he would like to get in as many visits as he can before he makes a decision. An August 15 visit is scheduled for Arizona, and he plans to check out Arizona State as well on that trip. A visit to California is also in the works, but a date hasn't been set.

Virginia is on the docket for an official visit in September. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Connecticut are on thqe list of probable visits. Maryland might get an official visit as well.

Don't know if he's quite the prospect of Wendell Gaines out of Coffeyville or Bernard Webb out of Barton County.

Looks like he's most serious about the west coast schools. I hope we do get a visit from him because that would mean that he hasn't yet committed to one of them.

Don't know if he's quite the prospect of Wendell Gaines out of Coffeyville or Bernard Webb out of Barton County.

Sure, but OU has 5 or 6 scholarships and will do extremely well to sign 1 or 2 of your 25 man list, lol... In fact, Pressey dropped off today.

There will be one or two jucos in this class whether you like it or not. I gave you Capels email address in the other thread and can take it up with him. As long as he recruits juco players (and he does every year) we will keep talking about them.

Sure, but OU has 5 or 6 scholarships and will do extremely well to sign 1 or 2 of your 25 man list, lol... In fact, Pressey dropped off today.

There will be one or two jucos in this class whether you like it or not. I gave you Capels email address in the other thread and can take it up with him. As long as he recruits juco players (and he does every year) we will keep talking about them.

You keep saying OU would be well off to sign 1 or 2 of the guys on my 25 man list, but you do realized they signed 5 top 150 players last year. Gallon was 9, TMG was in the 30s to 50s, Fitzgerald was in the 70s-90s, and Pledger was around the 100-120s. Hardrick who spent most of his career in the top 150 and at one time was a top 25 guy, dropped out on hte last ranking. Are you saying that OU getting another class like that is not possible. I see you're tickled about Pressey dropping OU. congrats.

Last edited:
You keep saying OU would be well off to sign 1 or 2 of the guys on my 25 man list, but you do realized they signed 5 top 150 players last year. Gallon was 9, TMG was in the 30s to 50s, Fitzgerald was in the 70s-90s, and Pledger was around the 100-120s. Hardrick who spent most of his career in the top 150 and at one time was a top 25 guy, dropped out on hte last ranking. Are you saying that OU getting another class like that is not possible. I see you're tickled about Pressey dropping OU. congrats.

Oh, I didnt realize you considered top 150 guys "elite" players... I thought you were listing all top 50 guys? Maybe this whole thing is a miscommunication?

Are the guys you have been listing all not top 50-75 players?

I would love to get JJ. IF we don't get Terrence and Michael or Tiny goes pro.

I would love to get JJ. IF we don't get Terrence and Michael or Tiny goes pro.

He's becoming high priority in my opinion. I heard this guy is a hellacious finisher around the rim. I would love to see some video of this kid. He may be our best chance at a prep big guy. Terrence Jones in my opinion is the best prospect we are in on. As much as I love Cameron Clark, I have to give Jones the edge. My fear on Jones is UNC. Jones is better than any prospect they have and they have no four. UNC is stacked at the post position, but Jones is a guy who can play 3 positions.

Back